Great to be here and to have an outlet for my obsession.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPanasonic TC-P60ST60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
- productPanasonic VIERA TC-P60S30 60-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any guide for LED/OLED/PLASMA TV''s? Last post on 3/12/14 at 3:12pm in LCD Flat Panel Displays
- Why motion blur on the st60 Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:08am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- building my first home theater Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:44pm in Speakers
- Panasonic TC-P60ST60 Burn IN Last post on 3/12/14 at 11:12am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Sub $1000 projector w/ plasma quality blacks and color Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:38pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
New Member Introductions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank's for letting me in this forum. I'm not a proffesional
and my english is what it is:)
My problem is my newly purchased boxee won't work on an
old tv without hdmi. So i hope you guys can help me out
one this one:) I need som kind of converter that convert hdmi
to component/scart from the boxee?
Nice forum by the way:)
Until today, my only listening option, was via a new hackintosh, with a Logitech 2.1 system that does the job for mp3....
Today, daddy gots speakers. My friend found an old Sony TA-535 amp a while back, and this weekend she found an entire apartment emptied into the alley beside the building - like, everything: food, bedding, clothes, furniture - you name it. She scored a ton, and gave me a pair of PSB 20 Mk II's.
Perfect warm sounding little beauties for my 1bdrm.
So...I am starting to be, once again, wired for sound.
Hi, everybody! Obviously, I am a newbie here. I come from Hong Kong which part of PR China.
I am not working in the AV professions but interested to learn more about digital AV techniques. If possible, I would like to create my own AV library ... smartly, if possible.
Looking forward to talk with you. Cheers!
First of all thank you to all those who helped me setting up my HT, I have been building my system for last 1 year and have gathered lot of information from AVS forum, be it building projector enclosure, speaker comparison/reviews.
Now i am building low cost HTPC for streaming only that drove me here.
Again thanks to AVS community.
I like movies:music(70:30)
5.0 Setup :) .1 is missing will be adding Sub soon.
MA BX6 Front and Center
Sony speakers for surround
Low cost Chinese Tab Tension screen
Love getting lost in movies(Action/Adventure).
Edited by Talespin - 10/8/13 at 7:19am
Hello, people who like to talk about home theaters! I am an amateur electronics repairman, when I need to be; I have fixed TVs, laptops, desktops, game consoles, guitars, cars, scores of iPhones, and various other devices. I live in Texas, and enjoy playing many different stringed instruments. I am a mechanical engineer by trade. I look forward to offering what limited knowledge I have, and to learning from those more experienced in this field.
Thanks for the welcome, Scott. I found this forum via search while researching what to replace my old TV with. Looks like a good forum with lot of knowledgeable people.
I am a software engineer. I was always interested in home audio / video, especially the 'how stuff works' part. Looks like I will have fun reading about that here.
I usually end up buying top of the mid-range, sometimes bottom of the high-end A/V stuff and keep them for long (5-10 years). I don't have the neither the senses not the time needed to appreciate the higher-end stuff, at least not in proportion to the dough needed to be spent on it :)
Thanks for the welcome. I am Johnny from Lake Logan Martin in Alabama. Wound up here because, of all places, I found info on power recliners that have faulty, intermittent power supplies. (Nothing says FUN! like being stuck in the recliner when you really gotta go) Joined so I could post the solutions I came up with in case others might be able to use them.
New Member, obviously.
In final stages of a big renovation of my house and looking to spruce up the family room with some new gear.
Also need a camcorder for work so will be lurking around that section and maybe asking some questions - hopefully I don't sound like a complete idiot. Camcorders are completely new to me (more or less).
My first upgrade was via RSL Speakers 5.1 system (www.rslspeakers.com) and an Onkyo TX-NR818 receiver. Had all kinds of problems with the Onkyo and after several months of troubleshooting, they eventually replaced it and upgraded me to the TX-NR929 model.
I had that for about 2 weeks and still experienced some clipping issues. My local stereo shop offered me full credit for what I had paid for the 818 and I paid the upgrade over to what they considered to be their top line receiver (short of the TX-NR5010 which is not going to happen!) and I just plugged in my new Yamaha RX-A3030 yesterday.
I have apparently become accustomed to the menus and operation of the Onkyos and am experiencing a bit of culture shock with the setup, menus and overall operation of the Yamaha. Really hope I can be happy with this unit.
It is, however, a VERY different beast! Not sure how I feel about all those DSP sound fields in lieu of the DTS Neo:X, DTS HD Master, THX Cinema, and Pro Logic sound fields.
Trying to keep an open mind about the new unit, but a little worried so far. Cannot find anything resembling an actual review on this unit, nor have I found any "owners threads" on forums.... Hoping to meet some folks with more experience!
- New Member Introductions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Home Security feed through ZeeVee Modulator to DirecTV AM21 57 seconds ago
- › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread 58 seconds ago
- › New Display Dilemma - F8500 or VT60 1 minute ago
- › Turn Your MP3s Into Vinyl 1 minute ago
- › Samsung 2014 PN64H5000 thread 1 minute ago
- › Please help: Denon 1911 & separate speakers on Zone 2?? 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva XMC-1 Pre/Pro 3 minutes ago
- › 2014 HDMI 2.0 receiver list??? 3 minutes ago
- › Movie with the HOTTEST girl you've ever seen. 3 minutes ago
- › The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Roku 3 Streaming Player with Motion Remote by Ikarius
- › Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player by Ikarius
- › SVS PB2000 by imagic
- › Onkyo TX-NR616 by mrpeso13
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe