My name is Bill and I just built a home theater in my basement. I've used this message board in the past to review discussions, but I thought I would join in on a few and maybe ask a question or two.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPanasonic TC-P60ST60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
- productPanasonic VIERA TC-P60S30 60-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any guide for LED/OLED/PLASMA TV''s? Last post on Yesterday at 3:12 pm in LCD Flat Panel Displays
- Why motion blur on the st60 Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:08am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- building my first home theater Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:44pm in Speakers
- Panasonic TC-P60ST60 Burn IN Last post on Yesterday at 11:12 am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Sub $1000 projector w/ plasma quality blacks and color Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:38pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
New Member Introductions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lately i'm having problems with a 2 year old 55" TV and hoping I can get some help from the troubleshooting people here in the AVS forms.
I am Candace Case, currently of Gastonia, North Carolina and want to find out more about my old Panasonic dmr-es10 dvd burner. Specifically I want to know if the tunner is supposed to pick up digital signals or just analog.
My sister, also a widow, and I just want to record a few CBS shows to watch later. The vcr is dying rapidly and doesn't get widescreen.(The Mentalist and the boys on Person of Interest seem to do ever more things in the far edges of the frames.
I look forward to learning many interesting things.
As far as I know, that tuner is analog only. You'll need a digital-to-analog converter box to receive digital signals.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm in beautiful Charleston, SC, and am cutting the cord with Comcast. I've successfully installed an indoor, tabletop antenna. To my dismay, I can't get an audio signal on 2.1, 4.1 or 5.1......but it comes in great on 2.2, 2.3, 4.2, 5.2, 5.3... in other words, the network affiliate primary broadcasts deliver no audio to my Toshiba HDTV. I'm at a loss! The Toshiba people say it's my antenna or the OTA signal. I'm thinking perhaps I need a digital to analog converter? I can't think of anything else. It's a mystery to everyone I talk to..including Best Buy, Radio Shack and my ex husband! Have you ever? BTW, the picture comes in beautifully, and I get sound from the all the PBS and FOX affils. For your consideration...........
That's pretty strange. Since you get 2.2, 2.3, etc., you don't need a converter. My best suggestion is to get a rooftop antenna and see if that works better. I realize it's a big hassle, and no guarantee it will work, but I can't think of anything else.
Hello everyone here at AVS. I came across AVS while researching different type of UPS technology. I am mostly interested in audio knowledge for the time being as I am currently configuring my surround sound system; however, in the future I may be looking at other aspects as well. Such as, a new TV and computer set up. So far I'm running a 55" Element (I know not top shelf) and two towers from B&W's 600 series. Next step I'm thinking of gettinga B&W CM Centre. Unless otherwise convinced here on AVS. Thanks for any input in advance.
Nice speakers! I definitely recommend getting a center from the same manufacturer and product line as the left and right for a consistent tonal balance across the front soundstage. The CM Centre would probably work well, but the HTM61 or 62 from the 600 line would probably work better.
Can't spend a ton of money, but would like to have a better sound system.
I joined this forum so as I can hopefully make good choices in updating our old tv system.
We are on cable and they have switched from analog to digital.
We have an old tube and vcr that has served us well for over 10 years but now we are in our 70s and have some hearing and visual issues to resolve.
We have to change because my wife uses closed caption and it presently covers up too much of the tube screen.
Also the fonts are hard to read on news and weather channels at the top and bottom of the screen.
Originally my wife had to turn up the sound due to hearing (moderate) loss and eventually it became too loud for me.
I bought a couple of generic wireless speakers and put them behind the sofa and near her and this worked out just fine.
Loud enough for her and not too loud for me.
*I updated our phone system 2 weeks ago.
That was a challenge because you can't tell how they work when they are on a shelf or in a box.
*She is getting both her hearing aids calibrated today.
*Our next step is to update to a 42" Panasonic Viera TC-L4260 flat panel.
*I'm looking to set up the best and easiest system to record personal HD programming.
*Also, I will look at new speakers to set up behind our sofa.
I hope I can find some answers as we move along.
Thank you for allowing me to participate in your forum.
My name is Martin, I am an embedded software developer from Denmark interested in all things related to mediacenters. I am by no means a hifi guru but I do like good sound and intelligent media solutions like XBMC. I hope to participate in discussions relating to these topics, maybe writing a couple of tutorials on remote control themes, otherwise helping out where I can and getting help in areas where I am a novice.
My small contribution to this realm is an Android app called AMOTE which is basically a fully customizable LIRC client with which you can design your own wifi-based universal remote control. Which was conceived out of frustration over the fact that I could control music playback when I was showering in the morning using my Android phone but I still had to go to our livingroom to switch on the receiver and set it to multiroom audio.
Martin Bang Andersen
I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I come from era of using valve Telefunken radio receiver and black and white Blaupunkt 15" TV.
I currently have:
- 70" Sharp Aquos TV with remote in family room
- Anthem 500 AVR with remote in family room
-Sony RDR-HXD-870 recorder with remote in family room
-Clear View digital satellite receiver with remote in basement
-Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers in family room
-SVS subwoofer in family room
-Sony Bravia 40"TV with remote in bedroom
-Sony Bravia 32"TV with remote in garage/workshop
-Windows 8 laptop with XBMC
-Google Nexus 10 Android pad
-Nokia Windows 8 phone
House is networked with Cat 6 and WiFi is operational.
Last, but definitely not least, there is She Who Must be Obeyed at home.
She wants me to do something about multitude of IR remotes and turn 4 lights remotely.
Edited by melbjohn - 9/26/13 at 5:51am
I'm from Norway. I'm passionate about music and movies. I'm a freelance live sound engineer which loves live music performances and I do custom home theater/stereo consultations. I'm an electronics engineer by trade. I've just built my own home theater DIY and had a really fun time building it, and learned a lot about room acoustics along the way. I currently have a 5.1 speaker setup with the B&W DM600 S3 series, with DM603 as fronts, LCR600 as center, DM600 rear and ASW600 sub. All driven by a Yamaha RX-A1020. I have an old Panasonic PT-AE700 HD projector (due for upgrade soon) on a 106" DreamScreen screen. In this setup I do 80% movies, 15% music and 5% REW measurements .
I'm here because often want to seek advice to questions which is not generally available elsewhere. Such forums like this has a lot of collective expertise which can provide accurate and detailed information.
My real name is Gilles,
I am french but I live in China
I just found this forum searching to fix troubles with my new 3dTV, and I have been amazed by the technical level of people here.
I work in the video game industry, and I am addict to games of course, but more globally to beautiful images.
Best regards to everyone.
- New Member Introductions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hey guys...we need a little rallying here... 7 seconds ago
- › 2014 Sharp AQUOS Line-Up 14 seconds ago
- › REVIEW INCL. Just got monoprice speaker wire in.....why do you guys... 23 seconds ago
- › ***Official HSU owners/support thread!*** 37 seconds ago
- › Inuke's on sale! 43 seconds ago
- › KEF Owners Thread 50 seconds ago
- › 2014 Vizio Thread All models 54 seconds ago
- › Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › Klipsch owner thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung 2014 H7000 anticipation thread 1 minute ago
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe