Hi everyone, I've been browsing from the outside for a while now and I finally got round to signing up, Thanks for having me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPanasonic TC-P60ST60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
- productPanasonic VIERA TC-P60S30 60-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTVtagged by tripnc, 10/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any guide for LED/OLED/PLASMA TV''s? Last post on 3/12/14 at 3:12pm in LCD Flat Panel Displays
- Why motion blur on the st60 Last post on 3/9/14 at 11:08am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- building my first home theater Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:44pm in Speakers
- Panasonic TC-P60ST60 Burn IN Last post on 3/12/14 at 11:12am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Sub $1000 projector w/ plasma quality blacks and color Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:38pm in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
New Member Introductions - Page 25
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the welcome Scott. Much appreciated. Also, a big Hi to you all and thanks for having me.
I am an avid movie lover and music lover. I like virtually all types of music from rock to bluegrass and everything in between.
For A/V equipment I do not have the most impressive list of equipment but it does keep me happy. I am due to upgrade the receiver and probably the speakers in the coming year or so. I currently have a Denon AVR-4308ci audio receiver. For speakers I have 3 pairs of the older Bose AM 5's with their subs - front, center and rear L/R channels, with a Bose VCS-10 center channel and two 12" 300w energy subs for shakers. I have just recently purchased the Sharp LC-90LE657U to hang above the center channel. As I like to game a bit as well, I have two PS3's and an XBOX 360 and just recently acquired PS4.
I also have a Sharp LC-70LE735U TV downstairs connected to a cheapie1000w 5.1 surround in a box Samsung system for my girl or the family to play and/or watch her movies on as well. The XBOX 360 is connected here as well. I mainly use my PS3's for video streaming from a custom built gaming computer downstairs so there is one connected to each system - upstairs as well as down. The PS4 is my gaming system upstairs. All main components upstairs are connected via Monster HDMI with HDMI used downstairs as well. I found that upstairs (main system) I had to use a separate digital audio cable for my Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Blue Ray player for 3D as my receiver's HDMI I/O's are not the newer 3D compatible ones. So, I just use HDMI direct to the TV from my player for the 3D movies with the digital audio out to the Denon. All power for my main system upstairs is managed by a Home Theater Monster Reference PowerCenter HTS 3500 MK II with clean power stage three filtering. Works for me! ;-)
I am a cheap skate bottom feeder when it comes to tech equipment. I HATE paying money to cable companies. I live on top of a ridge 18 miles SE of Pittsburgh and get >30 channels from rabbit ears -- even in my basement. My girl friend is paying nearly $200 a month to Comcast at her house and I'm bent on showing her that we can get 95% of the content she's watching for 25% of the cost. I'm here for antenna info, along with tuners and extenders. I've already found out some GREAT info here and promise to post as I continue to configure my system.
I used to work part time as an assistant to a local technician and not that long ago (around 2005) it seems all we ever fixed where RPTVs and Laptops so I am here to help share my knowledge and get some help with other areas I am not so schooled in!
Hope to chat with ya'll soon
I have acquired a Samsung HCM4216W in exchange for some auto & home repair I did.
I posted a lot, lol. I'll be glad to anyone out if I I information on the subject.
It has worked fine for 2 years. From what I've been reading for 6 days it appears I need convergence board or amp IC's. The red picture not converging ( if that's correct way to say it). I have blurred picture (red pic and then a blue pic on screen) of which are not aligning together. I did "mute 1,8,3" and I can't get the red to align correctly. It is warped on the top left. I did " perfect focus" and now it's worse. It's as if it's black & white with a few hues of red and blue in the picture.
Is it hard to replace the IC/ and or the Convergence board? Just take the screws off the IC's and it pulls out or is it soldered? I currently have STK392-040. I don't see any burnt areas on the circuit board or anywhere else so far.
Nor do I know where to get such parts? Is there a comparability issue with correct parts. Meaning Samsung only parts. I read some threads that said I can get a kit. Does any kits have both the board and IC's and all I do is assemble?
I can usually repair anything if I have some guidance/ info on what I'm doing, lol. Common sense goes a long way.
I look forward to becoming an active member of your community. Seeking advice on FOCAL 800 and 900 series speakers.
I am currently putting together a 7.1 system for a dedicated theater. The room is 12'X19' and the receiver is a Denon x4000. The theater will beu sed for 100% movies.
I have pretty much decided to go with the Focal Chorus 800's as my speakers, but looking for a little more advice.
Here is the speaker combination I am thinking of.
Front LR: 814V
Center: CC 814V
Surrounds: SR 800V
Rear Surrounds: 806V or 807V
Sub: Sunfire HRS-10
OR 900 Series:
Front LR: 918
Center: CC 908
Rear Surrounds: 908
Sub: Sunfire HRS-10
please suggest for good combination speakers for my home theater.
I am a new member and anxious to explore AVS and its many forums. This looks like a veritable treasure trove of knowledge regarding home electronics and entertainment. I have several TV's from the el cheapo 32 inch sets in my bedrooms to my main TV a 60 inch LG Plasma. I use a sound bar and also Onyko tuner amplifier with surround sound speakers Some of the assorted electronics have been overcome by events and technology. Trying to keep on the cutting edge is a sure way to poverty. Yes, I have ipads, cell phones, kindle and enjoy all of the devices. My TV is supplied by DISH with 2 hoppers and 3 joeys that make viewing a interesting mix and versatility. I expect to learn a lot from the forums and hope I can contribute to the discussions. Did I mention I am an old fart that started on the Internet at 2400 baud right after Al Gore invented it! LOL. Best wishes to all.
- New Member Introductions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Klipsch owner thread 8 seconds ago
- › Jamestown Screen 38 seconds ago
- › Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored) 1 minute ago
- › RC65i and RC60i constraints 1 minute ago
- › Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... 1 minute ago
- › Projector Mini-Shootout Thread 2013-2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Official ChromaPure thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tekton Pendragon 2 minutes ago
- › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SVS PB2000 by imagic
- › Onkyo TX-NR616 by mrpeso13
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe