or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Trade Klipsch Reference RF-7II.... for B&W CM10 is a good decision?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trade Klipsch Reference RF-7II.... for B&W CM10 is a good decision? - Page 4

post #91 of 329
How loud they will go is important. If he is worried about listening at reference levels at his listening position, then the speakers will have to go loud enough without compressing or distorting factoring in the loss in dB from the speaker to his LP. Most conventional speakers have a hard time doing this. Pro mid drivers mated to compression style tweeters mated to horns excel for HT applications. You need very little power to get them very loud.
post #92 of 329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

I read the entire thread and I believe you are going about this all wrong.

Forget the specs for a second. It doesn't matter how sensitive these speakers are, that has NOTHING to do with how much detail they produce. It merely states how efficient they are at turning power into volume. (In a nutshell).

LISTEN to the music coming from the speakers. ANY of the ones your mentioning will go more than loud enough for your application. I've never strained a speaker at any volume in my theater room. You have more than enough power for anything.

Don't buy on spec. Buy on your ears!!

Yes you are absolutely correct, and i appreciatte your comment. Tank you

I've decided today 100% for the Speakers:

- B&W 803 Diamond (Front)
- B&W HTM2 (Center)
- B&W 805 Diamond (Rears)

Now, as for the Amps, with time and patience i will sell my Pioneer SC-LX90, and i will buy instead 2 options:

- Krell S-1200U + S-1500...later on 1 Evolution 403e for the 2 front channels, and leave the S-1500 only for the rear channels, and 2 possible side channels.

or

- Classe SSP800
- Classe CA5300 (Multichannel)
- Later on... 2 CA-600 for the 2 fronts.
post #93 of 329
Thread Starter 
Do you guys think this site is reliable:

http://www.independentaudiovideo.com/store/store_results.asp?Brand=91&estore_filter=1&Section=Krell&Category=2

It has some very good prices on Krell, but we never know...

If i buy any Gear from here, i will still have the Voltage issue, i have to ask Krell if thei Amps and Processors are Multi-Voltage. Does anybody has sure about this?
post #94 of 329
That stuff is ridiculously expensive. Plus, it's not going to sound any different than an Emotiva or an ATI amp. That really is a huge waste of money.
post #95 of 329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

That stuff is ridiculously expensive. Plus, it's not going to sound any different than an Emotiva or an ATI amp. That really is a huge waste of money.

Just checked ATI,..looks to be a good machine. How does it performs for example compared to Classe CA5300? Or Krell? (sorry if the question looks stupid)....
post #96 of 329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenv78 View Post

The Bowers and Wilkins seem to be very clear and good and sound quality but because of their low speakers sensitivity im prob going to need an ex amp to get them enough power. Klipsch seems more aggressive, higher sensitivity so they're easier to power, and prob will have a larger sound stage.E7jva


Do you think Klipsch provides a larger soundstage? Larger than diamonds? I tough they both provide soundstage, but different sound....

By the way, ATI Amps are very interesting, i don't know how they work with B&W but they seem very good.

How do they compare with Classe; Krell or with the new Datasat RA7300 (same configuration, 7 channels, 300watts) i don't know....
post #97 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Do you think Klipsch provides a larger soundstage? Larger than diamonds? I tough they both provide soundstage, but different sound....

By the way, ATI Amps are very interesting, i don't know how they work with B&W but they seem very good.

How do they compare with Classe; Krell or with the new Datasat RA7300 (same configuration, 7 channels, 300watts) i don't know....


ATI amps are fantastic and will work well with anything. They have far more robust underpinnings than most other price-sensible amps (ATI makes amps for Lexicon, JBL Synthesis, among others). Unless an amp is defective or low quality, it (as opposed to a preamp/processor) should add essentially nothing to the sound, so get adequate power (watts and current) and you should be set. Are you really comparing B&W 803D speakers to Klipsch RF7s? If you are seeking high quality sound and like the sound signature of the B&Ws (and can afford them), then why do you keep circling back? These are not comparable speakers in just about any sense.
post #98 of 329
Thread Starter 
The only issue with ATI it's that they are not very "good looking" compared to Krell or Classe. But the sound is the most important, and i will choose because of the sound mostly.

One other thing, ATI also has a Processor, but doesn't seems like a good bet, is it?
post #99 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

The only issue with ATI it's that they are not very "good looking" compared to Krell or Classe. But the sound is the most important, and i will choose because of the sound mostly.

One other thing, ATI also has a Processor, but doesn't seems like a good bet, is it?

You may wish to consider Marantz, Lexicon, and various others (depending on how much you want to spend) for that piece.
post #100 of 329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by howaboutthat41 View Post

You may wish to consider Marantz, Lexicon, and various others (depending on how much you want to spend) for that piece.

In case i buy ATI for example, that has a fully balanced circuit, i would like to have a Processor with XLR to connect boths. They have their own processor, but doesn't seem to be the best around.

I'll have to check a couple of them and in this case i will sell my Pioneer Susano.

To have a Processor with 110v, and use a transformer to change the voltage does not affect sound right? That only happens with amplifiers correct?
post #101 of 329
Thread Starter 
In terms of living room space i was thinking on buying the Subwoofer SVS PB-13 Ultra DSP (Cilinder) instead of the regular one that is alot larger.

Do i loose any performance?
Edited by MV_Cinema - 9/4/13 at 6:40am
post #102 of 329
Amps all sound exactly the same as long as they are operating within spec.

Playing 5 watts through a Krell sounds the same as 5 watts through an Emotiva. It's not opinion - just fact. The three things you SHOULD spend money on are speakers, room treatments, and a GOOD room EQ.
post #103 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

In terms of living room space i was thinking on buying the Subwoofer SVS PB-13 Ultra DSP (Cilinder) instead of the regular one that is alot larger.

Do i loose any performance?
Just a little bit. Not much at all. I doubt you would notice any difference, especially with two subs.
post #104 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

Amps all sound exactly the same as long as they are operating within spec.

Playing 5 watts through a Krell sounds the same as 5 watts through an Emotiva. It's not opinion - just fact. The three things you SHOULD spend money on are speakers, room treatments, and a GOOD room EQ.

that's silly
post #105 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

that's silly

Its not silly, it's a scientifically provable fact. People with supposedly "golden ears" say they can hear a difference. But when it's a double blind test, nobody has been able to tell the difference. All the expensive boutique brand amplifiers do is stroke egos and suck unnecessary money out of your bank account.
post #106 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

The only issue with ATI it's that they are not very "good looking" compared to Krell or Classe. But the sound is the most important, and i will choose because of the sound mostly.

One other thing, ATI also has a Processor, but doesn't seems like a good bet, is it?

Emotiva has 220v amps. All you have to do is supply your own power cord that is IEC on one end.

http://emotiva.com/faq/international_orders
post #107 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

that's silly

Its 100% true. Laugh, but it's fact not fiction. I am the one who laughs at the golden ears who always claim ridiculous facts about their amplifiers and electronics. Krell does not have a signature sound. Levinson doesn't have a signature sound. They all sound exactly alike. We look at our beautiful amps and make claims up in our head based on how the amp looks. IE People claiming old Mcintosh sounds dull and new Mcintosh sounds "fast" and "brighter". Why do they say this? Because the older amps used dim bulbs, and the new ones use Fiber Optic lighting. Therefore, it gives you an impression it's "brighter".

Why do people claim Krell sounds sterile sometimes? Because it's a big hunk of machined metal.

Please - spare me the lecture on how fast or slow an amp sounds. Take apart an amplifier and you'll see it's not a difficult design. Most of these amplifier technologies do absolutely nothing.
post #108 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

Its not silly, it's a scientifically provable fact. People with supposedly "golden ears" say they can hear a difference. But when it's a double blind test, nobody has been able to tell the difference. All the expensive boutique brand amplifiers do is stroke egos and suck unnecessary money out of your bank account.

If that was true we would all have pro amps. More power and cost way less. Every amp i have owned sounds different. And that is a scientifically provable fact! .
post #109 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

If that was true we would all have pro amps. More power and cost way less. Every amp i have owned sounds different. And that is a scientifically provable fact! .

The only reason I don't have a pro amp is because they look like dog meat. I like the look of my Emotiva. Sounds exactly the same though.

Please show me some science as to how amps sound different. Show me different frequency responses between 20-20,000 Hz. Because we only hear analog hertz. Not chocolate or vanilla, or other audiophile adjectives.
post #110 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

If that was true we would all have pro amps. More power and cost way less. Every amp i have owned sounds different. And that is a scientifically provable fact! .

Prove it.
post #111 of 329
post #112 of 329
Here this one looks like it sounds really nice 2000 watts only $127. http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PPA200-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0010K6TX6/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378309365&sr=1-9&keywords=pro+power+amp

You could sell your emo and buy 5 or 10 of these lmao
post #113 of 329
So instead of actually trying to prove your point, you post this nonsense. You know why? Because you can't prove it.
post #114 of 329
Yup. They sound exactly the same. LOL @ YOU
post #115 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

The only reason I don't have a pro amp is because they look like dog meat. I like the look of my Emotiva. Sounds exactly the same though.

Please show me some science as to how amps sound different. Show me different frequency responses between 20-20,000 Hz. Because we only hear analog hertz. Not chocolate or vanilla, or other audiophile adjectives.

Wait so you pay 5 or 10x more for an amp for the looks? Isnt that what you just told him not to do?
post #116 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

Wait so you pay 5 or 10x more for an amp for the looks? Isnt that what you just told him not to do?

5 Channel amp that looks good with all my gear for used @ 650? Yeah. I paid $650 for my XPA 5 which works beautifully and has no issues. Plus a 5 year warranty.
post #117 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

5 Channel amp that looks good with all my gear for used @ 650? Yeah. I paid $650 for my XPA 5 which works beautifully and has no issues. Plus a 5 year warranty.

Glad your happy.
post #118 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

Wait so you pay 5 or 10x more for an amp for the looks? Isnt that what you just told him not to do?
I have been hearing more and more lately about looks. People would rather do without or get something that does not fit their taste because it is ugly. We are not talking cars or homes here. Get what sounds best.
post #119 of 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

So instead of actually trying to prove your point, you post this nonsense. You know why? Because you can't prove it.

Why do you call it nonsense? If they all sound the same people would have those amps i linked. I i found those amps in 2min. Think what i could find in a few hours.

And If you think that just because 20 guys get in a room and cant tell one amp from another that means its a scientific fact. Then i have a bridge to sell you.
post #120 of 329
Fwiw, amps are not what affect the sound unless it's underpowering the speakers and not providing enough current at the volume one wants to listen...It's the processing that makes a difference in how the speakers will sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Trade Klipsch Reference RF-7II.... for B&W CM10 is a good decision?