Originally Posted by ProLoser So here's what I bought:
- Pioneer 822
- S30 (the last pair)
- The NXG subwoofer
So now I have a weird 3.1 setup.Questions
1: The S30's are no longer in stock almost anywhere. What should I do about the rear speakers? There is still a pair of S70's
2: What is the Phase and Mode switches for on the back of the sub?
3: My sub has R/L and LFE inputs while my Pioneer appears to only have 1 output (LFE?). Am I losing anything by this? What's the difference?
4: Is there a way to send to my TV video input from one device (console) and send to my speakers audio from another device (CD)?
5: My TV (LG 60PN6550) has an optical audio output. Would I be able to do #4 by sending video signals to the TV directly and just passing thru the audio?
6: Is there a way to configure the stereo so that 2.1 audio is doubled up to the 5.1 channels (leverage all speakers for stereo music)?
7: Any bluetooth adapter recommendations? I have one, but it doesn't appear to push signal to the sub so I'm guessing it may be 2.0 instead of 2.1.
Congratulations on your purchases. These are the best of the best in the price range.
1. More S30's
and they always renew stock. Rear speakers are just fillers, you don't need to match them, more s30's would be nice but not necessary.
2. Phase controls the wave pattern I believe. A useless feature for normal setups like this.
3. RL would let the amp power speakers. You should avoid this with plate amps like the one on the back of a sub.
4. Are you asking if you can TV but listen to CD sound? I'm not sure what you're asking but yes you can do that.
5. Don't use optical unless you have to.
6. The EQ on the receiver may be able to do that for you