I have received everything, S70, S30, S50, SVS pb1000, and Yamaha 4065. I played music from a USB flash drive with FLAC format.
I hooked up everything but when I was listening to Classical music, it didn't feel so amazing. I just used YPAO from yamaha 4065 to calibrate the system. I usually use around -30dB to play music, it sounds neutral but not that deep.
1. Should I use SPL to further calibrate the system ? I used YPAO firstly, and it did changed a few settings and improved the location feeling of the sound
2. While the speakers are said to have impedance of 4-8 Ohms, will the AVR automatically adjust the output?
3. Why my AVR shows that the volume is "-40dB"? I don't get the minus part.
4. I feel like the even the satellite HTIB in Bestbuy provides more impact than my system. What other calibration process that could possibly improve the impact that my system can produce? The impact i'm saying is not how loud the music, but the great impact that it makes you feel WOW, it's amazing.
5. Right now, I'm using S30s as my rear speakers and I haven't had money to buy some good speaker stands, Is this a possible reason that they didn't work as well as they should be?
Edited by Lucius00 - 11/26/13 at 10:51am