as always, Cine4home provides the best info
out there on the new models. straight to the point with objective info, keeping the hyperbole under control.
Some interesting points
* 4K panels the same as the VW1000
- He is stating the panels are the same as the VW1000 (Nothing has changed more in the 4K panel, there are the same used as in VW1000)
- does anyone have legit information claiming otherwise? He goes on to explain that the optical path was upgraded which explains why the lower wattage lamp can crank out nearly the same calibrated lumens as the VW1000.
* 2D lumen output
- that is a shocker, nearly identical to the VW1000 with a smaller wattage lamp. That is great news, ~1500 D65 lumens in 2D is a great achievement.
* Built in CMS controls
- not everyone is going to invest in the next gen 4K lumagen, this is more good news. The auto-cal feature should get close enough for most folks.
* Iris controls
- additional iris controls will provide flexibility for each unique environment.
* RF Glasses
- compatible with some other manufacturers. This is a nice feature since I was never able to get adjusted to the Sony IR glasses.
that's most of what I want to know. The only outstanding items:
* Brightness in 3D
- Lamp pulsing? Brighter or the same as the VW1000?
* 3D flicker
- not everyone sees this, it's visible to me on the HW30/HW50/VW95 but some have claimed it's not visible on the VW1000 (who have also seen the lower end models)
* RC Controls
- Are there more tuning options? There's times I would want to turn it off on the HW50, curious to see if this is the same on the new models, or toned down a bit.
* lens performance vs. it's big brother
- Pick a real, objective test and put some weight on this between the VW500 and VW1000. There's been few, if any deep dives into the VW1000 lens performance other than claims that it's made with dried unicorn tears and that we should accept it's the best optical glass every produced. I'm looking for something a little more objective.
definitely looking forward to Cine4home's deep dive into the VW500, this is great first info.