So today I visited a local speaker repair shop that's been around in Portland since the 50s. Great place. Dad took me there as a kid.
Anyways.... I got a speakON connectors for the amp and for the sonotubes. He told me to use non shielded speaker wire to connect the speakON connectors and I'd be good to go.
I also got enough black carpet to cover the tubes.
The speakON connectors for the tube are these :
I think they will work pretty good if I drill holes for all four screws and use nuts/washers on the back side. Then add silicone sealant, to the back side as well.
I kind of like speakON connectors. Nothing to them should I need to move in another direction. It's always the little things......
Today I finally got 99% of the painting done too. I'm thinking of throwing a gloss coat on top of the bed liner. At least for the two smaller enclosures that will be out in the open.
Pics up soon.