or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

Just wanted to give everyone a status update from Projector People. I ordered my Epson 5030 last Sunday evening and chose overnite delivery. When I spoke with one of the customer service reps this week, he said they were expecting them overnited from Epson anyday now. The gentleman emailed me back again today to let me know that 10 are arriving Monday and another 15 on Tuesday. I happened to get in the first 10, so I should have mine by Tuesday. Can't Wait!!!!

I ordered from Projector People on Wednesday and I just spoke with my sales rep and she said the same thing. 10 on Monday, 15 on Tuesday and more in the middle of the month. They have more than 25 orders, so some people will be waiting a little longer. I happen to be order #25 and she said it should ship on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully, all 25 will ship to customers, but I'm not getting excited until I have my tracking info.

John
post #122 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS View Post

I ordered from Projector People on Wednesday and I just spoke with my sales rep and she said the same thing. 10 on Monday, 15 on Tuesday and more in the middle of the month. They have more than 25 orders, so some people will be waiting a little longer. I happen to be order #25 and she said it should ship on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully, all 25 will ship to customers, but I'm not getting excited until I have my tracking info.

John

Congrats on the purchase my fellow soon to be proud owner of an Epson 5030!!! Looks like we both were able to make the first two shipments :-) I was number 10, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get mine on either Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
post #123 of 2935
Did anybody order a 5030 from Visual Apex?
post #124 of 2935

I can not say for JVC, Panasonic, Sony, InFocus, Optoma, Sanyo, Planar, Sim2, or Sharp - the others I have owned.

32.gif

post #125 of 2935
I may go back to epson after being less than satisfied with the 5010. Epson must know for sure that us gamers are a big audience to target so hopefully they get the lag up to par with dlp's. On a side note the next projector I buy will be from avs as all other places I have gotten one from has had convergence on 3 lcd.
post #126 of 2935

I dont have the SKU number for best buy but the ONLY way you can order it is to call a Best Buy store that has a Magnolia Design Center. Magnolia home theater cant order it. Only the MDC (Magnolia Design Center) Can order it. I dont know why MHT cant order it. But the item will only pop up for MDC. Its supposed to be a higher end projector thats why only MDC can order it according to them This is why the PJ will not be listed in the regular Best Buy Website. I pre ordered mine. Your best bet would be to call your local best buy and ask them whats the closest best buy near you with an MDC. I did my pre order over the phone with my best buy card. But you can also do it with a Debit Card. Theyd be happy to help you since they love making sales. The salesman that helped me with my preorder helped me a lot since I returned a 5020 i bought 2 weeks ago just so i can upgrade to the 5030. BEST OF LUCK! =)

post #127 of 2935
The SKU # that I got from BB is 1016044 for the 5030. Also the Magnolia home theater in my area can order the Epson 5030.
post #128 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

The SKU # that I got from BB is 1016044 for the 5030. Also the Magnolia home theater in my area can order the Epson 5030.

That is a mock 5030 SKU, the correct SKU is 9955532. I don't know exactly what mock means, but don't order it...
post #129 of 2935
Really looking forward to initial lag tests on this unit, here is to hoping Epson got it right this year.
post #130 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliocon View Post

I was told 2499 as well on Saturday then the salesperson told me the price had gone to 2599 but the store was going to honor the original quote. So I'm ordering mine this coming Saturday at the 2499 price.
Thanks for the SKU. I finally got back to best buy to check the old order and cancel it after the salesman literally had to Google "mock". Only until I gave him your SKU was he able to find and order the correct 5030.
He gave it to me for $2499 and they don't offer the protection plan for the 5030.
Also, the 5020 is down to $2399.
post #131 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasttopray View Post

I dont have the SKU number for best buy but the ONLY way you can order it is to call a Best Buy store that has a Magnolia Design Center. Magnolia home theater cant order it. Only the MDC (Magnolia Design Center) Can order it. I dont know why MHT cant order it. But the item will only pop up for MDC. Its supposed to be a higher end projector thats why only MDC can order it according to them This is why the PJ will not be listed in the regular Best Buy Website. I pre ordered mine. Your best bet would be to call your local best buy and ask them whats the closest best buy near you with an MDC. I did my pre order over the phone with my best buy card. But you can also do it with a Debit Card. Theyd be happy to help you since they love making sales. The salesman that helped me with my preorder helped me a lot since I returned a 5020 i bought 2 weeks ago just so i can upgrade to the 5030. BEST OF LUCK! =)

I ordered from a Best Buy store with only the MHT with no problem. They found the correct sku and able to place the order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyers300 View Post

That is a mock 5030 SKU, the correct SKU is 9955532. I don't know exactly what mock means, but don't order it...

The mock is for the demo plastic piece they receive to place on display. That's it.
post #132 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post


I'd like to know too but I doubt there will be or else it would have been mentioned, I think. There is a fine and fast processing mode that I know of. Using that should eliminate some input lag.

Based on the posts made in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1484967/2014-epson-tw8200-tw7200-5030ub-3030ub

I look forward to the reviews on how the 5030 performs for gaming. If they are favorable, I will purchase one. Lag is what got me to stay away from 5020.
post #133 of 2935

Hmmmm. Interesting, I guess it varies by region or district. The District managers handle things differently I suppose. In LA County Area only the MDC could order it for me. There was a huge problem with stores in my area due to people trying to swap the light bulbs out to get best buy to replace them for a new one. And selling the new ones or something. So the district manager in LA area was taking this out on all the customers. =\  I tried calling ALL the stores in my area. NONE of the MHTs around me could order it for me. But that's good that you were able to order your 5030UB from MHT. Hope your happy with your purchase! =) Im waiting very impatiently for my 5030UB to arrive. Lol I cant wait. =)

post #134 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei213 View Post


I ordered from a Best Buy store with only the MHT with no problem. They found the correct sku and able to place the order.
The mock is for the demo plastic piece they receive to place on display. That's it.

 

While that could be, the only reason I think that it may be something else is that the mock 5030 rang up for $2499.

Also, I have never seen a fake projector on display anywhere.  Not saying they don't exist, just saying I have never seen one.

post #135 of 2935

Ive seen a bunch of the fake display demo projectors. They have them at best buy for display so people can get an idea. Not all best buys do this though.

post #136 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyers300 View Post

While that could be, the only reason I think that it may be something else is that the mock 5030 rang up for $2499.
Also, I have never seen a fake projector on display anywhere.  Not saying they don't exist, just saying I have never seen one.

Yeah, neither have I but that's what I've been told by the best buy general manager who was helping with the order at that time.
post #137 of 2935
Epson 5030's in stock. smile.gif
Reply
Reply
post #138 of 2935

So when / where are we going to see any 'official' reviews on the new 5030/6030 Epson's...especially versus last year's 5020/6020?

post #139 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Epson 5030's in stock. smile.gif

Good... Send one to Zombie biggrin.gif
post #140 of 2935
Officially lurking now. Had a buddy offer to buy my Epson 8500 I bought 4 years ago... contemplating a 5030...
post #141 of 2935
Couldn't resist, just placed an order with Mike.
post #142 of 2935
Just got a shipping confirmation from projector people that my 5030 shipped overnight. I'll have it tomorrow!!!! I'll let everyone know my first impressions tomorrow :-)
post #143 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

The SKU # that I got from BB is 1016044 for the 5030. Also the Magnolia home theater in my area can order the Epson 5030.

What is the advantage of buying from BB, when the prices are the same on the net (with free shipping) vs having to pay sales tax at BB? That would be an extra $215 for me...
post #144 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hatcher View Post

Can anyone confirm/deny if there is a 'Game Mode' on this model?

Think I recall reading that 2 of the models have a game mode - not this one, but like 7200 & 3030 (or was it 2030)? Was someplace here on AVS...
post #145 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Graham View Post

What is the advantage of buying from BB, when the prices are the same on the net (with free shipping) vs having to pay sales tax at BB? That would be an extra $215 for me...

I live 5 minutes from the Delaware Best Buy so no tax. Plus if there's any issues the first few days, I can do a quick return and exchange without shipping.

But yes, if there's no place nearby to get it tax free, online is the way to go.
post #146 of 2935
Mine will ship (2 day) from VA tomorrow....
post #147 of 2935
Well now there is no such thing as tax free. Technically speaking you were ALWAYS supposed to estimate how much you paid for items on the net for state taxes. (Unless you live in a sales tax free state)

Due to the recession many states are clawing for every penny. And now they are asking you on many state tax forms how much you bought online. If you get caught fibbing, you are in deep do-do. (That's a technical legal term biggrin.gif )
post #148 of 2935
Scott Wilkinson, in a review post here on AVS where he mostly discussed the 4k machines and the DPI Titan he saw at CEDIA, said:
Quote:
One of the most impressive demos—especially in terms of value—was Epson's new flagship PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030 ($3500). Calibrated by ISF wizard Kevin Miller in a blacked out room, the demo was presented on an 11-foot-wide, 2.35:1 Stewart StudioTek 130 using a fixed Panamorph CineVista anamorphic lens ($2000). That's right—a 2.35:1 projection system for $5500 (not including the screen). And the picture quality was superb. We watched a clip from Oz The Great and Powerful in 2D—skin tones were entirely natural, and shadow detail in Oz's black coat was excellent.
post #149 of 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS View Post

I ordered from Projector People on Wednesday and I just spoke with my sales rep and she said the same thing. 10 on Monday, 15 on Tuesday and more in the middle of the month. They have more than 25 orders, so some people will be waiting a little longer. I happen to be order #25 and she said it should ship on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully, all 25 will ship to customers, but I'm not getting excited until I have my tracking info.

John

Hello All!


I just completed order of a 5030 and SI 113" black diamond screen from projector people. I'm number 32, so i wont be getting my projector till the end of the month. no biggie, as the rest of my furniture will not be here till then anyway.
post #150 of 2935
Alright, so customer service LIED. It was sent out today. Minutes after talking with them I get an email shipment confirmation. Why can't more companies lie in that good of a way.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread