or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Revel F208 or Klipsch RF-7II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Revel F208 or Klipsch RF-7II - Page 6

post #151 of 166
I was once fooled in a blind test when 2 exact avr's where used unannounced to me . amp a was a little louder than amp b but I really didn't notice it during the test and I choose amp a to be the better sounding amp only to find out it was the same amp just louder
post #152 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

It would be hard to pic my speakers in another room on a different system let alone an amp man.

So do all speakers sound the same now because i cant pic mine in a room i have never been in?

Harley vs a honda come on dude can you even level match these?

No matter how level matched they are Honda and Harley will not sound the same. If your amp sounds different than others you should be able to identify the amp that sounds different in an ABX test regardless of the location or speakers.
Do you know how ABX testing is done?
post #153 of 166
I used to think amps made a huge difference as well until I started buying amps and testing them myself. The biggest eye opener for me was picking up a pro amp - a QSC PLX 2402 and when it sounded just as good as everything else I had and had way more power, I realized the home consumer amp market is a money sink.
post #154 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post

I used to think amps made a huge difference as well until I started buying amps and testing them myself. The biggest eye opener for me was picking up a pro amp - a QSC PLX 2402 and when it sounded just as good as everything else I had and had way more power, I realized the home consumer amp market is a money sink.

But components are important.
For example EMOTIVA has issues working with 220/240v European voltage. I still didn't found any explanation.
post #155 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

But components are important.
For example EMOTIVA has issues working with 220/240v European voltage. I still didn't found any explanation.

I would not even try to justify.

Some of us don't buy EMO because we choose not to. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what the reason is. We don't need to justify.

The "issue" is when you say the EMO doesn't sound as good. Stepping on toes here. wink.gif

Just say you don't like EMO and prefer Theta Digital (or other amps). End of story. biggrin.gif
post #156 of 166
So anyway getting back on topic, have you eliminated Klipsch and focused mainly on Revel or other high-end speakers? biggrin.gif
post #157 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

So anyway getting back on topic, have you eliminated Klipsch and focused mainly on Revel or other high-end speakers? biggrin.gif

Yes, i don't want Klipsch, i prefer to go Revel or JBL. Goes more in what i really care about sound.
Not saying Klipsch is not good.
And as for Emotiva, i respect peopl who like Emotiva, i don't intend to speak anything bad about the brand, That issue i was talking about Emotiva also can confirm that info. But they say the problem is corrected.
post #158 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

Yes, i don't want Klipsch, i prefer to go Revel or JBL. Goes more in what i really care about sound.
Not saying Klipsch is not good.
And as for Emotiva, i respect peopl who like Emotiva, i don't intend to speak anything bad about the brand, That issue i was talking about Emotiva also can confirm that info. But they say the problem is corrected.

The same direction I would take.

Funny how Harman (Revel, JBL, Mark Levinson, Lexicon) use ATI, and ATI owns Theta Digital.

So you liking Theta and Revel/JBL seems "logical". biggrin.gif
post #159 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

I would not even try to justify.

Some of us don't buy EMO because we choose not to. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what the reason is. We don't need to justify.

The "issue" is when you say the EMO doesn't sound as good. Stepping on toes here. wink.gif

Just say you don't like EMO and prefer Theta Digital (or other amps). End of story. biggrin.gif


Sounding better is just an opinion. No toes being stepped on by giving an opinion on a forum eek.gif
post #160 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

I would not even try to justify.

Some of us don't buy EMO because we choose not to. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what the reason is. We don't need to justify.

The "issue" is when you say the EMO doesn't sound as good. Stepping on toes here. wink.gif

Just say you don't like EMO and prefer Theta Digital (or other amps). End of story. biggrin.gif

You must really be embarrassed to use that an AVR.
post #161 of 166
confused.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

You must really be embarrassed to use that an AVR.
post #162 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

Sounding better is just an opinion. No toes being stepped on by giving an opinion on a forum eek.gif

It should not be a big deal. You're right.

We all disagree about something. biggrin.gif
post #163 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

You must really be embarrassed to use that an AVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

confused.gif

Yeah, I don't get that.
post #164 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post


Yeah, I don't get that.

Too low end for your taste. I would think that you had something that was expensive and no better than the AVR.
post #165 of 166
Well, this was an amusing thread, I got it looking for the Revel F208 and Klipsch RF-II...

What was the final outcome? There has been some good buzz about the F208s and I am curious to what you did.
post #166 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOOBillO0o View Post

Well, this was an amusing thread, I got it looking for the Revel F208 and Klipsch RF-II...

What was the final outcome? There has been some good buzz about the F208s and I am curious to what you did.
The final outcome was typical of threads like these, what can you expect when the OP is obviously trolling?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Revel F208 or Klipsch RF-7II