or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 74

post #2191 of 3312
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks bro, now I just need time to play eek.gif
YW, i bet it looks amazing, i want to play Forza 5, can i come over? Lol

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2192 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Y
YW, i bet it looks amazing, i want to play Forza 5, can i come over? Lol

Come over! I just set everything up, you can tell this thing to do whatever you want and it knows who I am out of other people in the room and you can control the menu with your hands and it has night vision so it follows your movements in the dark. I have no idea what else it can do but I'm about to find out
post #2193 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Come over! I just set everything up, you can tell this thing to do whatever you want and it knows who I am out of other people in the room and you can control the menu with your hands and it has night vision so it follows your movements in the dark. I have no idea what else it can do but I'm about to find out
Only if you were closer, tell us what you think of it?.
post #2194 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Only if you were closer, tell us what you think of it?.

I'm loading forza one
post #2195 of 3312
Check this out, so the advanced kinect sensor and camera has to go either above or below the center of the tv. Well my center speaker is there flush with the bottom of the tv screen so I didn't know where to put it. Then I grabbed some Velcro squares and mounted it to the bottom of the center speaker, it all looks insync now smile.gif


post #2196 of 3312
Good luck with the XBone, hopefully you dont experience the grinding disc sound that users have been reporting. eek.gif
post #2197 of 3312
Well I got lucky, everything works awesome! The DTS game surround playback is better than most my bluerays! The picture is out of this world! This thing is making me love games again, so realistic it's unbelievable. To top it off, the Triax is bringing these games to even another level, man I need to call off work!
post #2198 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Finally my game gear is here!


Oh good grief! With that type of technology to play with, nobody is ever going see you again.

(where's your brother?)

(oh, like you don't know!)

...tongue.gif
post #2199 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Check this out, so the advanced kinect sensor and camera has to go either above or below the center of the tv. Well my center speaker is there flush with the bottom of the tv screen so I didn't know where to put it. Then I grabbed some Velcro squares and mounted it to the bottom of the center speaker, it all looks insync now smile.gif




Umm.. I think the Triax will shake that sensor off. So I'd be careful bro.. smile.gif
post #2200 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Umm.. I think the Triax will shake that sensor off. So I'd be careful bro.. smile.gif

Its on there strong, i can pull on it pretty hard and it dont budge. Im more worried about the ceiling falling, theres so much debris falling down on everything, i like it!
post #2201 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Its on there strong, i can pull on it pretty hard and it dont budge. Im more worried about the ceiling falling, theres so much debris falling down on everything, i like it!

Wait.. You telling me the Triax is not powerful enough to shake off a device hanging mounted with Velcro's? I'd return the sub... Nah.. Just kiddn!! smile.gif
post #2202 of 3312
Looks like my 6KW Triax was built and shipped on Friday. Should have it Tuesday - benefit of living so close. Unfortunately electrician can't come out for awhile so it will just have to sit in it's box for awhile frown.gif
post #2203 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Wait.. You telling me the Triax is not powerful enough to shake off a device hanging mounted with Velcro's? I'd return the sub... Nah.. Just kiddn!! smile.gif

Good point, it should of fell by now!!! Lol. I just showed my other brother for the first time the Triax. Hes been working nights this week so he never got to hear it. So at 2am in the morning he came down and i put on a bass heavy song, hes started laughing and was like dude the whole neighborhood is going to wake up! Then he saw the celing lamps sound like they were coming down and freaked out. I was like chill, i have another one coming biggrin.gif i think he was having flashbacks lol
post #2204 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Good point, it should of fell by now!!! Lol. I just showed my other brother for the first time the Triax. Hes been working nights this week so he never got to hear it. So at 2am in the morning he came down and i put on a bass heavy song, hes started laughing and was like dude the whole neighborhood is going to wake up! Then he saw the celing lamps sound like they were coming down and freaked out. I was like chill, i have another one coming biggrin.gif i think he was having flashbacks lol


Btw, how you liking the XB1? I preordered mines through BB. But not gotten the chance to pick it up. I'm contemplating between XB1 and PS4. How's the controller? Does it feel like a improvement over the older 360? I'm also thinking going BF4 instead of Ghost. Played my sons Ghost through 360 and kind of don't like it. I liked BO2 better..
post #2205 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Btw, how you liking the XB1? I preordered mines through BB. But not gotten the chance to pick it up. I'm contemplating between XB1 and PS4. How's the controller? Does it feel like a improvement over the older 360? I'm also thinking going BF4 instead of Ghost. Played my sons Ghost through 360 and kind of don't like it. I liked BO2 better..

Im going to get off work here in a bit and play somes games! I spent all night downloading the games to the xbox harddrive, each game takes 30 to 40 minutes. I also got all updates and codes downloaded. Now for looks, every piece is glossy black and looks elegant, very detailed! Controllers look and feel way better. They have better grip and a more comfortable feel to them. The analog sticks and buttoms are much more precise and tight, huge improvements! The games are played through DTS dobly digital surround and the sound is amazing. Im talking picture and soundtrack blureray quality all the way. Its so much more crisp and vibrant in colors that i probably will never touch my 360 again. It has so many features that once you incorpate all your devices, tv, cable box, ect you will control everything by voice commands if wanted. The kinect camera is a big advancement and has dead on accuracy. It knows who you are and who other guest or players are in the room. It watches you in the dark too. This thing is def woth every penny and there are plenty of awesome games for it. Forza 5 had visuals and soundtrack that just takes gaming into another decade. Blueray movies play in very high quality, comparable to alot of high end players. Hands down its a winner!
post #2206 of 3312
Another thing like with 360 games, a big game would have like 5 or 6 gbs, these have 32 to 38 gbs each! Imagine how much difference went into making them!
post #2207 of 3312
^^ Thanks for your thoughts on the XB1 Black.. Gonnna pick mines up this afternoon. Can't wait!
post #2208 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

^^ Thanks for your thoughts on the XB1 Black.. Gonnna pick mines up this afternoon. Can't wait!

Once you go through the setup process make sure you check your audio and visual settings so they are at optimal settings for your setup. The menu will be confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it's simple. Then before you play a game it has to be downloaded or atleast to a certain degree before you launch it. When you see the picture and audio enhancements you will be shocked. Surprisingly the games and gameplay is a huge improvement over the 360!
post #2209 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

....It knows who you are and who other guest or players are in the room. It watches you in the dark too......

Are you sure you want this thing in your bedroom? eek.gif
post #2210 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Once you go through the setup process make sure you check your audio and visual settings so they are at optimal settings for your setup. The menu will be confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it's simple. Then before you play a game it has to be downloaded or atleast to a certain degree before you launch it. When you see the picture and audio enhancements you will be shocked. Surprisingly the games and gameplay is a huge improvement over the 360!


Thanks bro.. I can't wait to see how the PQ will look on my Elite Pro-70xfd. And my quad S2 will arrive at my front door Dec. 4th according to tracking. Can't wait to setup those beast and get some game on with BF4. We'll I'm currently playing BF4 on PC. Btw Black, JTR is coming out with full range speakers. The 210t and 215t. That should be interesting. smile.gif
post #2211 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

Are you sure you want this thing in your bedroom? eek.gif

It's kind of freaky, my sister walked in and it remembered who she was from last night! She got creeped out lol.
post #2212 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Thanks bro.. I can't wait to see how the PQ will look on my Elite Pro-70xfd. And my quad S2 will arrive at my front door Dec. 4th according to tracking. Can't wait to setup those beast and get some game on with BF4. We'll I'm currently playing BF4 on PC. Btw Black, JTR is coming out with full range speakers. The 210t and 215t. That should be interesting. smile.gif

You gotta make a video clip showing those beasts flexing your room!! Any idea how your placing them? 4 corners?
post #2213 of 3312
^^ Two up front and two at rear. All subs 1/4 in each way from corner..
post #2214 of 3312
So I got the third triax on Thursday but haven't set it up yet. I wanted it to go along the right wall opposite the secondary couch and about 15ft in front of the other two. Turns out it sticks out way to far and will interfere with my daughter playing games on Xbox kinect.

It will fit in the front right corner just below my screen, but in order to do this, I would need to move the right front main out further from the wall than the center or left front main. I am thinking this would be fine because audyssey xt32 will make all the necessary adjustments, is this correct?

The other option would be to place it behind the main LP couch with the other two, but I think that would be a waste. Another spot it could fit would be behind the secondary couch which is perpendicular to the screen but I don't think that is an ideal spot.
post #2215 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

So I got the third triax on Thursday but haven't set it up yet. I wanted it to go along the right wall opposite the secondary couch and about 15ft in front of the other two. Turns out it sticks out way to far and will interfere with my daughter playing games on Xbox kinect.

It will fit in the front right corner just below my screen, but in order to do this, I would need to move the right front main out further from the wall than the center or left front main. I am thinking this would be fine because audyssey xt32 will make all the necessary adjustments, is this correct?

The other option would be to place it behind the main LP couch with the other two, but I think that would be a waste. Another spot it could fit would be behind the secondary couch which is perpendicular to the screen but I don't think that is an ideal spot.

Front right corner would be a winner smile.gif can you move the tv and everything so that you'd shift your setup and be able to readjust your speakers and make them even in the end? Post some pics of the room if you can to see what your working with biggrin.gif
post #2216 of 3312
I hooked up number 3 last night.

I was able to fit it between the left front main and the center channel/rack.

I ran REW and response is smoother now at the expense of a tiny bit of extension.

It is flat down to around 6-7hz instead of 5hz. I will probably play around with a few more placement options today and over thanks giving.

I played this one bass song from YouTube (I will link to it once I find it again) at about -10 and it was pretty amazing. I have some chest congestion, and I swear I was hearing/feeling it loosen the congestion in my chest!

I think my house would crumble before I could make out these subs, just seems to be limitless headroom.

BTW, these are all on the same 15a circuit.
Edited by raynist - 11/24/13 at 8:24am
post #2217 of 3312
I dont think you will fully utilize 3 Triax's output on a single 15amp line. 12kw of continous power is way more power then 15amps can support.
post #2218 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

^^ Two up front and two at rear. All subs 1/4 in each way from corner..

That sounds like a good plan, cant wait to hear your reactions!
post #2219 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I hooked up number 3 last night.

I was able to fit it between the left front main and the center channel/rack.

I ran REW and response is smoother now at the expense of a tiny bit of extension.

It is flat down to around 6-7hz instead of 5hz. I will probably play around with a few more placement options today and over thanks giving.

I played this one bass song from YouTube (I will link to it once I find it again) at about -10 and it was pretty amazing. I have some chest congestion, and I swear I was hearing/feeling it loses the congestion in my chest!

I think my house would crumble before I could make out these subs, just seems to be limitless headroom.

BTW, these are all on the same 15a circuit.

Ugh....you guys are killing me with these great reports about multiple Triaxes! eek.gif

Time to start looking for a second job.....lol biggrin.gif
post #2220 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I hooked up number 3 last night.

I was able to fit it between the left front main and the center channel/rack.

I ran REW and response is smoother now at the expense of a tiny bit of extension.

It is flat down to around 6-7hz instead of 5hz. I will probably play around with a few more placement options today and over thanks giving.

I played this one bass song from YouTube (I will link to it once I find it again) at about -10 and it was pretty amazing. I have some chest congestion, and I swear I was hearing/feeling it loses the congestion in my chest!

I think my house would crumble before I could make out these subs, just seems to be limitless headroom.

BTW, these are all on the same 15a circuit.

Wait a minute, wheres the 4th one????. I bet its amazing hearing 3 of them, i think you have the most triaxs in one setup so far?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread