or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 90

post #2671 of 3312
Thread Starter 
It's the electric meter at your electric service box that tells the utility company, how much electricity you've consumed. In the case of smart meters, it transmits to the utility company what your monthly total usage is and if one is watching the meter, it will flash incoming voltage and the current consumption rate in kWs or fractions of kWs regarding how much electricity the residence is currently consuming.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2672 of 3312



That is too low....better get a electrician out there asap. Low voltage is hard on electronics...that speaker power amp is starving!
post #2673 of 3312
eek.gif
Edited by Blackmambakila - 12/22/13 at 8:19pm
post #2674 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

That is too low....better get a electrician out there asap. Low voltage is hard on electronics...that speaker power amp is starving!

^ what he said
my desktop power supply (200$) got fried last month from low voltage (rusted outlet 2 rooms away brought entire circuit down without tripping the breaker)
my line was pretty bad tho, 50-100v
post #2675 of 3312
About to watch fast 6!
post #2676 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

That is too low....better get a electrician out there asap. Low voltage is hard on electronics...that speaker power amp is starving!
I know, its not my house though, imma try a different outlet hopefully tomorrow.
post #2677 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

I know, its not my house though, imma try a different outlet hopefully tomorrow.

Man I'm curious to know what it is. Once that Triax kicks in like it should, your room is history! biggrin.gif
post #2678 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Man I'm curious to know what it is. Once that Triax kicks in like it should, your room is history! biggrin.gif
TY BRO, its the voltage i think....GRRR.
post #2679 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

TY BRO, its the voltage i think....GRRR.

Thats what I would guess too. Have you checked the breaker box to see what circuit your room ties into? Maybe you can find a bigger circuit and plug the triax into another area that runs of a bigger one. Also power conditioners show a digital readout of the voltage level that each component is receiving. Other then that it looks like youd have to get your outlet measured while the triax is trying to juice up. Itll be awesome when that beast unleashes chaos in your room!
post #2680 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thats what I would guess too. Have you checked the breaker box to see what circuit your room ties into? Maybe you can find a bigger circuit and plug the triax into another area that runs of a bigger one. Also power conditioners show a digital readout of the voltage level that each component is receiving. Other then that it looks like youd have to get your outlet measured while the triax is trying to juice up. Itll be awesome when that beast unleashes chaos in your room!
I havent done that, but i got a little room that right outside of my room, when i blew the breaker that light was still on, so i will plug her (Triax) in there.biggrin.gif
post #2681 of 3312
You have triped that circuit before?
post #2682 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

I know, its not my house though, imma try a different outlet hopefully tomorrow.

Just saying, not your house but it is your Triax.
post #2683 of 3312
I'm now interested. Sounds like you didn't NEED to upgrade in the first place. I know I know. How dare I say haha
post #2684 of 3312
Just got my measuring gear!



post #2685 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Mmmmmmmmm! Measuring gear. tongue.gif

Sweet! Looking forward to your first measurements. Once up and running, nobody will see you for a good two weeks. Money well spent. Congrats.

(currently doing shots of Crown Royal to help with allergies......money well spent)

...tongue.gif
post #2686 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Mmmmmmmmm! Measuring gear. tongue.gif

Sweet! Looking forward to your first measurements. Once up and running, nobody will see you for a good two weeks. Money well spent. Congrats.

(currently doing shots of Crown Royal to help with allergies......money well spent)

...tongue.gif

I got the stuff you showed me, maybe ill be a pro one day lol! So once i get use to how REW works then i find the ideal overall combination of dual placement. So after that what would a mini DSP do for me? Basically allows further tweaking to achieve more flatness? The goal is to reach the most flat reading possible along with adding output?
post #2687 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I got the stuff you showed me, maybe ill be a pro one day lol!

A shot is currently being drank in your honor.

...wink.gif
post #2688 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

A shot is currently being drank in your honor.

...wink.gif

Thanks! I need to get myself some spiked eggnog!
post #2689 of 3312
Thread Starter 
...biggrin.gif
post #2690 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post

You have triped that circuit before?
YES, some times just turning on my GEAR, but that happens sometimes and i rare.
post #2691 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Just got my measuring gear!



WOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
post #2692 of 3312
Another thing you might want to invest in is a longer usb cable
post #2693 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

YES, some times just turning on my GEAR, but that happens sometimes and i rare.

Breakers are well known for wearing out. You may benefit replacing the circuit breaker.
post #2694 of 3312
How long is the USB cable comes with the mic?
post #2695 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Breakers are well known for wearing out. You may benefit replacing the circuit breaker.
Agreed. Mine was tripping every few days randomly. Replaced it (about 5$) has yet to do it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

How long is the USB cable comes with the mic?

I wanna say 3 feet maybe if that
post #2696 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

How long is the USB cable comes with the mic?

Should be about 6ft. It is the same one we used at my house the other day. The laptop was on the ottoman in front of me and the cord easily reached to the back of the couch behind you.
post #2697 of 3312
Thread Starter 
My understanding, in the case of USB cables, you're allowed up to fifteen feet.
post #2698 of 3312
I'm going to check the lengths smile.gif
post #2699 of 3312
My monoprice RCA cable is 15ft and the USB cable is 6ft
post #2700 of 3312
Thread Starter 
IIRC, the RCA cable has a hundred foot limitation and the USB cable has a fifteen foot limitation. It reads like you're golden.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread