or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 24

post #691 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

The Triax will easily outperform the XV-30. I dont even need to hear the subs to draw this conclusion. the difference in displacement and power alone is enough to base a fairly accurate assumption. Dont worry your in good hands. wink.gif
the one XV-30 had a ton of bass for me from 40hz on up, but at 20 to 30 is no good for me, i hope the Triax clears that up for me, ive never been happy with any of my subs below 35hz, like when watching OHF i had barly any bass, but with WOTW i get alot, i just dont get it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #692 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I'm calmed down now, atleast I have you guys! I'll just wait, man so have you ordered the xbox one or ps4 to try with the Triax?
i wanted to cancle the Triax order a bunch of times, but i keep thinking what will i get for this price, no xbox one o ps4, sold my 360 and ps3 last year, getting to OLD for games.
post #693 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

the one XV-30 had a ton of bass for me from 40hz on up, but at 20 to 30 is no good for me, i hope the Triax clears that up for me, ive never been happy with any of my subs below 35hz, like when watching OHF i had barly any bass, but with WOTW i get alot, i just dont get it.

Thats a problem with your room response. Sounds like you have nulls and peaks galore.
post #694 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

i wanted to cancle the Triax order a bunch of times, but i keep thinking what will i get for this price, no xbox one o ps4, sold my 360 and ps3 last year, getting to OLD for games.

Dude you never get too old for games! eek.gif Sometimes I turn on a new game and feel bored, not sure if it's age setting in or just because I work so much. Days at my job go like a breeze or turn chaotic in the blink of an eye. I got the xbox one ordered because there were some games that caught my interest, I'm curious to play em with the Triax.
post #695 of 3312
I wonder if Tom was being a little bit overly optimistic as to how many Triax subs they could get out in a day... If that was the case and the amount of time he had alloted for the first run had ended then you would be at the front of the 2nd run. I can't imagine anyone being bumped to the next run.
post #696 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

If I'm doing business and keeping my end by waiting what does that have to do with manning up? Manning up is for them to be straight with me when I call, so I don't lack in that in that area and never have that's why at 22 years of age I ran my own businesses successfully and made a killing for 7 years straight by being honest and smart with playing my cards. I don't mind waiting that's why I'm here, my issue is regardless of setbacks, that doesn't explain the communication flaws. Right now I run a multimillion dollar oil facility with no experience and put in 100+ hours a week, risk my life on a daily basis, all to raise my sister to have a good life and support our country producing our own resources which gives many jobs and brings cities to life that had nothing, that's manning up smile.gif I might not know much about HT but running businesses, well that's what I was born to do biggrin.gif

Back to Pacific rim, sounds like it's not over the top in the bass department but was it atleast overall entertaining? This is one of the movies were dying to watch here at the house.
Not many people in their 20s buy cars like this cash on their own if they didn't know how to run a business, and that just one of mannnnnnny biggrin.gif

!

Black is that seriously your SLR?
post #697 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I wonder if Tom was being a little bit overly optimistic as to how many Triax subs they could get out in a day... If that was the case and the amount of time he had alloted for the first run had ended then you would be at the front of the 2nd run. I can't imagine anyone being bumped to the next run.

Yeah I like them over there at PSA, I guess I've never waited this long for something. I'm glad to see that they came out beasts, I need my bedroom rockin soon, atleast what lil time I have off will be fun!
Edited by Blackmambakila - 10/18/13 at 10:52pm
post #698 of 3312
As mentioned already, I think Tom over estimated how many Triaxes they'd be able to assemble test each day. I was told as well that I'd be in the first run of drivers but the latest update showed differently.

I don't mind too much though, I know I'll have them soon enough and will be thoroughly enjoying them probably much louder than is safe wink.gif

I'd rather wait for them to assemble/test the subs properly without rushing through them as quick as possible and shipping out a bad product.

In other news, trying to get my UMIK-1 setup by following the tutorials online. I think I got it configured ok for now as when I open up REW and click on SPL Meter and the record button it records the sound. However, I've yet to run any actual tests so far with REW to measure frequency responses as I'm still somewhat confused on what to do exactly.

Once I get this all figured out I'm gonna write up my own tutorial that is much more simple to follow and get setup than what I've read.
post #699 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Black is that seriously your SLR?

Yep, and theres my chrysler 300 and bmw 750. Im working on my white mercedes s600 v12, its getting customized in a shop in texas. The rims on the Mclaren ran me $20k ouch eek.gif


Edited by Blackmambakila - 10/18/13 at 10:48pm
post #700 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post


Yep, and theres my chrysler 300 and bmw 750. Im working on my white mercedes s600 v12, its getting customized in a shop in texas. The rims on the Mclaren ran me $20k ouch eek.gif

Man those are some serious rides you got, I'm jealous! That SLR is my dream car, as well as the triax being my dream sub. I can get the triax but the SLR is just that a dream. Lol
post #701 of 3312
Damn nice rides!!
post #702 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Damn nice rides!!

Thanks, Ive had em for a while now. There was a time where I was a car freak and had many more but over the years I stopped buying more and just kept my favorites. Thats why i have no credit because ive bought everything cash and now im just trying to settle down and build credit and deal with raising my sister (16) which is def challenging due to her age its like an exercisim waking her up for school! eek.gif the theater im trying to finish is just a way for us to spend family time together and not be in the streets so I figure itd be a way for us to have fun at home, i dont like going out like I use to, too much drama and drunks, ect.
post #703 of 3312
Quote:
i dont like going out like I use to, too much drama and drunks, ect.

+1.. aint that the truth!
post #704 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

Man those are some serious rides you got, I'm jealous! That SLR is my dream car, as well as the triax being my dream sub. I can get the triax but the SLR is just that a dream. Lol

The worse pain is finding places that can work on exotic cars, imagine having to ship your car off to another state when you want work done on it, or everyday freaking out about any kind of dings or scratches, and always having to watch everywhere you drive to make sure you don't curb rash your rims, butttttttttt it is fun to hit the gas and you know your going fast when even bikes can't keep up! Actually speed is kinda like the rush I get with bass, just awesome! I've got a clean driving record so this Triax needs to keep me home so I can stay single and stay out of trouble! Triax where are you? eek.gif
post #705 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

The worse pain is finding places that can work on exotic cars, imagine having to ship your car off to another state when you want work done on it, or everyday freaking out about any kind of dings or scratches, and always having to watch everywhere you drive to make sure you don't curb rash your rims, butttttttttt it is fun to hit the gas and you know your going fast when even bikes can't keep up! Actually speed is kinda like the rush I get with bass, just awesome! I've got a clean driving record so this Triax needs to keep me home so I can stay single and stay out of trouble! Triax where are you? eek.gif

Cant the SLR just be service threw Mercedes? Its a factory car bought threw Mercedes.

Dude I love the fact that you have that SLR, but seriously quarter of a million dollar car? Why not just sell it to go towards your house.
I'm an exotica car nut for sure, I have a few buddies with Lambo's, Audi R8's, one buddy just got a brand new Ferrari 458 Spyder. which is about as sweet of a car as it gets.
post #706 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

The worse pain is finding places that can work on exotic cars, imagine having to ship your car off to another state when you want work done on it, or everyday freaking out about any kind of dings or scratches, and always having to watch everywhere you drive to make sure you don't curb rash your rims, butttttttttt it is fun to hit the gas and you know your going fast when even bikes can't keep up! Actually speed is kinda like the rush I get with bass, just awesome! I've got a clean driving record so this Triax needs to keep me home so I can stay single and stay out of trouble! Triax where are you? eek.gif
I can just about imagine how nerve wrecking that is, when I bought my wife her H2 the first day we got it someone pit a ding in the door. I wanted to kill someone! Well I hope you get your triax sooner than later, and look forward to your impressions once you receive it.
post #707 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Cant the SLR just be service threw Mercedes? Its a factory car bought threw Mercedes.

Dude I love the fact that you have that SLR, but seriously quarter of a million dollar car? Why not just sell it to go towards your house.
I'm an exotica car nut for sure, I have a few buddies with Lambo's, Audi R8's, one buddy just got a brand new Ferrari 458 Spyder. which is about as sweet of a car as it gets.

The house idea is something new, I recently moved to this state and haven't bought a house because I'm still new here so that's why I just bought a ht setup to go in my bedroom because I'm just renting while I decide if I like it here enough to stay. So far me and my sister like it but I'm not sure because I'd like to be somewhere warmer. By next year if I think we'll be here long term then I'll look for a nice house and have a dedicated HT room built but for now I've gotta just have a temporary setup. I chose my bedroom because my brother has 2 cats that stay upstairs and they scratch everything up so I keep this side of the house barricaded from the cats, plus they get fur everywhere. You'd think a dealership could work on a car but I've had plenty of cars that dealerships couldn't fix rite and they don't customize anything that is in my interest, including car audio, ect. So it is a pain to find a good place and depends where you live. I'm in Wyoming now and the only place here is walmart and a tiny best buy! eek.gif Needless to say I have to order anything I want so it's a pain but hey atleast there's no crime and I can raise my sister safely. I took my sister here to raise her because my mom got cancer and she's no longer sane, so I scooped her up and brought her somewhere safe. smile.gif what I mean by she's no longer sane is that it's something to do with a tumor she's had in her head, and she turned crazy so unfortunately we can't even communicate or help her, we tried but she's flipped out on us so that's just a closed chapter.
Edited by Blackmambakila - 10/19/13 at 12:36am
post #708 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

I can just about imagine how nerve wrecking that is, when I bought my wife her H2 the first day we got it someone pit a ding in the door. I wanted to kill someone! Well I hope you get your triax sooner than later, and look forward to your impressions once you receive it.

That sucks! Man a ding the first day? I would of flipped! eek.gif
post #709 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

The house idea is something new, I recently moved to this state and haven't bought a house because I'm still new here so that's why I just bought a ht setup to go in my bedroom because I'm just renting while I decide if I like it here enough to stay. So far me and my sister like it but I'm not sure because I'd like to be somewhere warmer. By next year if I think we'll be here long term then I'll look for a nice house and have a dedicated HT room built but for now I've gotta just have a temporary setup. I chose my bedroom because my brother has 2 cats that stay upstairs and they scratch everything up so I keep this side of the house barricaded from the cats, plus they get fur everywhere. You'd think a dealership could work on a car but I've had plenty of cars that dealerships couldn't fix rite and they don't customize anything that is in my interest, including car audio, ect. So it is a pain to find a good place and depends where you live. I'm in Wyoming now and the only place here is walmart and a tiny best buy! eek.gif Needless to say I have to order anything I want so it's a pain but hey atleast there's no crime and I can raise my sister safely. I took my sister here to raise her because my mom got cancer and she's no longer sane, so I scooped her up and brought her somewhere safe. smile.gif what I mean by she's no longer sane is that it's something to do with a tumor she's had in her head, and she turned crazy so unfortunately we can't even communicate or help her, we tried but she's flipped out on us so that's just a closed chapter.

Well Black, I think that's very noble of you stepping up to take care of your sister like that.
Makes me think a lot more of you as a person then I did before. Not that I thought you were a bad guy or something, but it's good to hear your story and I hope everything works out for you guys.
post #710 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

The house idea is something new, I recently moved to this state and haven't bought a house because I'm still new here so that's why I just bought a ht setup to go in my bedroom because I'm just renting while I decide if I like it here enough to stay. So far me and my sister like it but I'm not sure because I'd like to be somewhere warmer. By next year if I think we'll be here long term then I'll look for a nice house and have a dedicated HT room built but for now I've gotta just have a temporary setup. I chose my bedroom because my brother has 2 cats that stay upstairs and they scratch everything up so I keep this side of the house barricaded from the cats, plus they get fur everywhere. You'd think a dealership could work on a car but I've had plenty of cars that dealerships couldn't fix rite and they don't customize anything that is in my interest, including car audio, ect. So it is a pain to find a good place and depends where you live. I'm in Wyoming now and the only place here is walmart and a tiny best buy! eek.gif Needless to say I have to order anything I want so it's a pain but hey atleast there's no crime and I can raise my sister safely. I took my sister here to raise her because my mom got cancer and she's no longer sane, so I scooped her up and brought her somewhere safe. smile.gif what I mean by she's no longer sane is that it's something to do with a tumor she's had in her head, and she turned crazy so unfortunately we can't even communicate or help her, we tried but she's flipped out on us so that's just a closed chapter.
What do you do for a living? Down here in south Louisiana it doesn't get cold and is fairly warm most of the year. And other than New Orleans every where else is nice and quiet.
post #711 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post


Yep, and theres my chrysler 300 and bmw 750. Im working on my white mercedes s600 v12, its getting customized in a shop in texas. The rims on the Mclaren ran me $20k ouch eek.gif


And you are just getting one triax?

You should get 4 smile.gif
post #712 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

And you are just getting one triax?

You should get 4 smile.gif
I will trade you both my Triaxes for the SLR, LOL, I have a SL55, but would love to drive the SLR, the wait for the Triax won't be much longer, have a good weekend
post #713 of 3312
BLACK
It’s really nice to hear your story in short, and I feel for yuh being my life parallels yours in a way concerning both of my parents. They would not consider moving from the farm though (no way), so I had to move back home at the age of 54 to make things as good as possible for them. On the bright side (well there is much more) sound wise I’ve never had it so good being contained in the room that I’m in. 25 X 12 X 6’ slanted ceiling with no spl or response issues what so ever. I’m flat down to 14hz. That being that though..

Hey you deserve a Triax so hold on. cool.gif
post #714 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I watched PR tonight at -18 and my couches shook, but the low bass was lacking. I expected there to be some 15hz range content but nada, the movie was good tho.

Based on your system of three XV15s, what would you suggest one could do to up the base in the lower, 10Hz to 20Hz octaves?
post #715 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I might not know much about HT but running businesses, well that's what I was born to do biggrin.gif

That's what a PA is for. They take care of the personal details so you can relax and enjoy.
post #716 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Now that does it! How could you say such a thing! Hey thinking about it.. how much do you think a 10 year old /2 is worth? wink.gif

GREAT PICS!
I sold mine to my sister for $500 bucks lol
post #717 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Based on your system of three XV15s, what would you suggest one could do to up the base in the lower, 10Hz to 20Hz octaves?

my setup digs down to 16hz with reference level capabiltity and has useable extension down to 12hz. The issue was not the sub setup it was the movie. Look at the reviews, the movies is filtered. The bass content is centered around 40hz the entire movie. There were a couple scenes that might of dug down to 25hz. WWZ, OHF, Oblivion, FOTP all had bass scenes that would dig so low the windows in the most of the house would flex. You could feel the bass pulsate every bone in your body, PR was lacking there. Basically my subse were laughing at this movie saying "Is that all you got".
Edited by basshead81 - 10/19/13 at 8:01am
post #718 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I sold mine to my sister for $500 bucks lol

LOL
post #719 of 3312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Basically my subse were laughing at this movie saying "Is that all you got".

Cool. Sorry. I misunderstood you to be saying, your system was anemic, not that it was the sound track that was hurting. Had me worried there. eek.gif
post #720 of 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

The house idea is something new, I recently moved to this state and haven't bought a house because I'm still new here so that's why I just bought a ht setup to go in my bedroom because I'm just renting while I decide if I like it here enough to stay. So far me and my sister like it but I'm not sure because I'd like to be somewhere warmer. By next year if I think we'll be here long term then I'll look for a nice house and have a dedicated HT room built but for now I've gotta just have a temporary setup. I chose my bedroom because my brother has 2 cats that stay upstairs and they scratch everything up so I keep this side of the house barricaded from the cats, plus they get fur everywhere. You'd think a dealership could work on a car but I've had plenty of cars that dealerships couldn't fix rite and they don't customize anything that is in my interest, including car audio, ect. So it is a pain to find a good place and depends where you live. I'm in Wyoming now and the only place here is walmart and a tiny best buy! eek.gif Needless to say I have to order anything I want so it's a pain but hey atleast there's no crime and I can raise my sister safely. I took my sister here to raise her because my mom got cancer and she's no longer sane, so I scooped her up and brought her somewhere safe. smile.gif what I mean by she's no longer sane is that it's something to do with a tumor she's had in her head, and she turned crazy so unfortunately we can't even communicate or help her, we tried but she's flipped out on us so that's just a closed chapter.

The measure of a man is what he does without expecting anything in return. Prayers your way man! Honorable of you smile.gif

It hits home cuz I do lots with people trying to get free from addictions of all sorts. Sacrifice...it's life's greatest reward. Now have fun with that Triax!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official PSA Triax Thread