or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 44

post #1291 of 3643
Quick question (I searched but found no answer):
Have CIH set-up. Is the Darbee % level read-out adjustable like sub-titles so it can be moved higher up on the screen? With my separate Darbee and BDP83 I now have to un-squeeze the image each time I adjust Darbee % level (as it's partially hidden off-screen.
Thanks!
post #1292 of 3643
Thread Starter 
It can't be moved, no.
post #1293 of 3643
OPPO UK has posted the English language user Manual for the BDP-103D (EU) player

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/customer-services/user-manuals/bdp-103D.aspx

--Bob
post #1294 of 3643
Hi

Im new to the Beta versions of the firmware updates.

Can it mess around with my other componets? Can it mess with the 103D itself. I know you can uninstall the upgrade, but is there any kind of history of it having of a negative effect?

Thank you

Rob
post #1295 of 3643
Thread Starter 
Side effects are going to be software, not hardware, related. So if you find that things are altered not to your liking, you can revert to the previous firmware release.
post #1296 of 3643
Thanks Neuromancer

I think Im gonna go for the Beta upgrade.

Im looking forward top how the "streaking" issue has been resolved.

Once again thank you

Rob
post #1297 of 3643
I've being using the beta since it was released yesterday and everything seems to work well.
post #1298 of 3643
That's good to hear APW2607. Gonna do the beta upgrade!

thanks Rob
post #1299 of 3643
I installed the new FW (it includes new FW for the Darbee circuitry) and even at 55% HD, the Darbee circuitry in the 103D yields less artifacts than 55%HD from my standalone unit. eek.gif
post #1300 of 3643
I apologize if this has been covered before but I'm buying a TV tomorrow and have a quick question. If I pass my DirecTV HR34 DVR through the 103D will that signal be processed with the Darbee to the TV?
post #1301 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARRIGA View Post

I apologize if this has been covered before but I'm buying a TV tomorrow and have a quick question. If I pass my DirecTV HR34 DVR through the 103D will that signal be processed with the Darbee to the TV?
Yes, the DirecTV HR34 DVR video output will be processed with the Darbee using the HDMI-inputs if you so choose it.
post #1302 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

Yes, the DirecTV HR34 DVR video output will be processed with the Darbee using the HDMI-inputs if you so choose it.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was hoping.
post #1303 of 3643
my 103d wont read the beta file, but on my puter the symble looks like a piece of paper with a fold at the top, any suggestions?????TY
post #1304 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

my 103d wont read the beta file, but on my puter the symble looks like a piece of paper with a fold at the top, any suggestions?????TY

Mmm. I just copied the bin file over to a USB thumb drive (formatted fat 32), stuck it in the oppo. Went to settings and update firmware from USB ... That's it.
post #1305 of 3643
TY it worked now smile.gif
post #1306 of 3643
Does anyone know if this beta firmware can be used with the UK model please?

Thanks in advance!
post #1307 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdray View Post

Does anyone know if this beta firmware can be used with the UK model please?

Thanks in advance!

It can not. Keep an eye on the OPPO UK site, as they will post the Beta firmware for the EU version players once it is ready. Shouldn't be long now.
--Bob
post #1308 of 3643
It happened again last night. The previews were fine. As soon as the blu ray movie started the picture. Would cut out for 3 seconds, on for 3. Seconds etc. turning the player off and on didn't help. Switched the supplied HDMI cable with a cheaper one and it fixed it - but it doesn't seem like just the cable. Everything was fine til the movie started and this has happened before. Video is on HDMI 1.
post #1309 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCrazy View Post

It happened again last night. The previews were fine. As soon as the blu ray movie started the picture. Would cut out for 3 seconds, on for 3. Seconds etc. turning the player off and on didn't help. Switched the supplied HDMI cable with a cheaper one and it fixed it - but it doesn't seem like just the cable. Everything was fine til the movie started and this has happened before. Video is on HDMI 1.

The feature is quite likely a different resolution and/or frame rate than the previews. It can make a difference on HDMI.

Reseat all the HDMI cables, switch them around to test. Inspect the pins on the connectors and sockets to make sure there is no damage.

I forget your setup: do have a very long cable run?

-Bill
post #1310 of 3643
Does the 103D need to reset to factory default reset before installing the Beta upgrade as well as after?

Thanks

Rob
post #1311 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec View Post

Does the 103D need to reset to factory default reset before installing the Beta upgrade as well as after?

Thanks

Rob

Just after.

-Bill
post #1312 of 3643
What he said cool.gif
post #1313 of 3643
Is my expectation too high that I can assume we now can save settings before a new firmware install and just restore from last known cfg file to get back old settings after any suggested system wide reset?

Thanks
post #1314 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

Is my expectation too high that I can assume we now can save settings before a new firmware install and just restore from last known cfg file to get back old settings after any suggested system wide reset?

Thanks

That is now supposed to happen automatically for your current settings. This is new. (You still need to do the Reset the first time for this firmware).

The Settings Management backup/restore is an optional safety factor, and also a way to have it both ways: you can both Reset Factory Defaults (just in case it is required for some special feature, or to restore the player to a known state) and recover your previous settings from a USB stick.

-Bill
post #1315 of 3643
Thanks Bill and David.

Thats good news

Rob
post #1316 of 3643
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoor View Post

Is my expectation too high that I can assume we now can save settings before a new firmware install and just restore from last known cfg file to get back old settings after any suggested system wide reset?

Thanks

AFTER, this firmware is installed, yes. Install firmware, do a reset to defaults, then enter all your settings, then save the file to a thumb drive and Bob's your uncle.
post #1317 of 3643
Can this unit be controlled over IP?
post #1318 of 3643
Thread Starter 
Yes, but the current documentation is not finalized so you would need to program your own remote control or use something like the Roomie Remote.
post #1319 of 3643

I've read the advice on Darbee processing: Full Pop mode for SD content; Hi-Def mode for HD content -- 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. I've also read "that Oppo does the Darbee conversion at 1080p"

Presumably that means the 103D converts all content to 1080p if Darbee processing is on?

Does that also mean the Darbee processing only works if the output is 1080p, or is it just that the processing is applied at 1080p, but that the processed output is then converted based on settings?

The reason for asking is that my RPTV doesn't have 1080p - only 720p & 1080i - and I'm trying to understand if the 103D makes sense in my current set-up.


Grateful if someone can clear up my confusion. Apologies if this has already been answered - I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks.

post #1320 of 3643
I watched Monsters University 3D today and I had to restart before the disc can be played properly then randomly the sound mutes for a second or so in various places (and can't be repeated afyer rewinding to the same spots) . The picture also stutters in random places

The same disc played in the Oppo 103 have zero problem

A firmware update needs to be done
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread