or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread - Page 10

post #271 of 3678
I dont expect much difference from the 103, other than playing with Darbee. Im going to run it at HD 35% and probably leave it for a week and see what I think. I send Directv thru the 103 as well, so Ill be curious to see what Darbee does there.

Before I box my 103 up, I am going to use it to send 720p and 1080i in to the 103D and see how the test results are outputting 1080p/60 to my display. Since the 103 passes this 100%, Im sure the 103D will too, but its always nice to check.
post #272 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

Well, I know everyone likes pics smile.gif

We sure do.

Nothing like the smell of new electronics in the component cabinet.
post #273 of 3678
Whats in the new firmware? 60-0910?


Anyone have info?
post #274 of 3678
^ The 0910 firmware is the initial, public firmware release supporting the 103D. It is the same as the 0808B Public Beta firmware for the 103/105, with the addition of the support for the new hardware (e.g., Darbee).
--Bob
post #275 of 3678
Thread Starter 
It is required to properly use the Darbee. So install it.
post #276 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

I dont expect much difference from the 103, other than playing with Darbee. Im going to run it at HD 35% and probably leave it for a week and see what I think. I send Directv thru the 103 as well, so Ill be curious to see what Darbee does there.

Before I box my 103 up, I am going to use it to send 720p and 1080i in to the 103D and see how the test results are outputting 1080p/60 to my display. Since the 103 passes this 100%, Im sure the 103D will too, but its always nice to check.


Eagerly awaiting your test results. I'm hoping the VRS will go toe to toe with the Marvell. Mine is on a fedex truck and should be delivered later on this afternoon.

You have the Panny VT50 right?
post #277 of 3678
Yes.
post #278 of 3678
I'm looking forward to the OPPO-103D with Darbee installed on board. Just ordered.
I have a Ocule by Salt Labs-Video Purifier, powered by Darbee Visual presence P/N SW-30065 pre-sale/back ordered. I was hoping to use it on both my exsiting Oppo -103 & -105. Ocule is HDMI 1.4 compliant, works with 3D and 4K resolution. (Possible HDMI 2.0 in work). If -103D is successfu, -105D might be next? Ocule should work on both -103/-105.
post #279 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

There is no reason to upgrade if you have a 103 and a Darbee

- less system clutter; one less cable, one less wall wart, one less light plastic box that repositions itself according to the whims of cable stiffness

- one less remote to program into the universal, and be lying around

- preference memories within the 103D

- don't have to send in for f/w upgrade
post #280 of 3678
OPPO Has Updated the Support Page for the BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) -- User Manual now Available for Download!

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103-Support.aspx?prodID=BDP103D

The Support page for the new, BDP-103D is now on-line. Included is version info for its initial, 0910 firmware, and a link to download the User Manual (PDF File).
--Bob
post #281 of 3678
So before doing anything should I install the latest firmware that came with the disc? First time Oppo owner.
post #282 of 3678
Thread Starter 
Yes. You will want to install the firmware that came on the disc.
post #283 of 3678
^ Absolutely. And on the first power up after the install you will be offered a chance to do the Recommended Reset of the player. YOU SHOULD DO THAT, TOO.
--Bob
post #284 of 3678
Why would someone pay $475.00 for a used 103?
post #285 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Why would someone pay $475.00 for a used 103?


Why would someone pay 895 for a used 95 wink.gif


Djoel
post #286 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Yes. You will want to install the firmware that came on the disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Absolutely. And on the first power up after the install you will be offered a chance to do the Recommended Reset of the player. YOU SHOULD DO THAT, TOO.
--Bob




Thanks!
post #287 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Why would someone pay $475.00 for a used 103?

I sold my 93 for $450. People know they are getting a slight break on something that will last.
post #288 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Absolutely. And on the first power up after the install you will be offered a chance to do the Recommended Reset of the player. YOU SHOULD DO THAT, TOO.
--Bob

Thats what I did, as soon as it had power I threw in the CD and updated, then reset to factory defaults. New picture adjustment menu has all kinda of goodies. I also like the ease of hitting the darbee button once while watching something to get the popup to show me what my current settings are, then hitting it once more to make it go away smile.gif.

One thing to note, when going thru some of the spears and munsil 1st edition test patterns, the 103 always had a pause on a couple of them when changing from one to the next, the 103D jumped right along normally.
post #289 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

- less system clutter; one less cable, one less wall wart, one less light plastic box that repositions itself according to the whims of cable stiffness

- one less remote to program into the universal, and be lying around

- preference memories within the 103D

- don't have to send in for f/w upgrade

The Darbee remote is terrible. That's one very positive thing. I receive mines tomorrow. Will be watching After Earth tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much I like it over the original 103
post #290 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Why would someone pay $475.00 for a used 103?

Because an Oppo is a lifetime player. Oppo supports every player they ever made. If it breaks they'll fix it for cheap and send it back the next day.
They come over and set it up for you too, and make you warm milk and cookies while you wait. wink.gif
post #291 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

The Darbee remote is terrible. That's one very positive thing. I receive mines tomorrow. Will be watching After Earth tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much I like it over the original 103

The interface on the 103D is better than the Darblet IMO. Easy.
post #292 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View PostThe interface on the 103D is better than the Darblet IMO. Easy.

Let's see how good it is I am waiting for the cookies :)

post #293 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

I sold my 93 for $450. People know they are getting a slight break on something that will last.
Slight break?
post #294 of 3678
Watched some Hell on Wheels and Strike Back off Directv with Darbee on 35% and Hi def. Thinking it looks pretty darn good so far.
post #295 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Why would someone pay $475.00 for a used 103?


Why would someone pay 895 for a used 95 wink.gif


Djoel
What's an 83 going for?
post #296 of 3678
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

What's an 83 going for?

They sell around $350 in good shape with all the original packing and stuff.
post #297 of 3678
Did the install but didn't reset to factory default. Is there a way to do again?

what will I miss?

Rob
post #298 of 3678
^ In Setup > Device Setup you'll find two Reset choices. One of them preserves any Internet app logins you've already entered, and that's the most convenient one to use. If you've entered settings for your house network, you will still have to re-enter those (something not needed if you use the Recommended Reset after the install).
--Bob
post #299 of 3678
Since we've got a lot of new folks coming on thread due to the 103D, let me just repeat a little known feature of the 103/105/103D. You can plug in a USB keyboard into one of the peripheral device USB jacks of the OPPO and use that to speed up entry of things like Wifi settings, Netflix login credentials, and etc.
--Bob
post #300 of 3678
Thanks Bob will do!

Rob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players ›  Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread