or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG LA9700 Owner's Thread ( 55LA9700, 65LA9700 )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG LA9700 Owner's Thread ( 55LA9700, 65LA9700 ) - Page 9

post #241 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

Panasonic is alrdy taking pre-orders of there new 4k tv the only thing is LG makes panasonic panels which leads me believe it is no coincidence both power houses are experience panel problems .... It really sucks cuz LG makes screens for apple and this tv is beautiful minus the banding ... I do know that Samsung does not have banding I there spiva panels ... You really can't enjoy sports with banding its impossible... Lg said in rare instances they replace panels ... If they don't offer to replace it I will have to go with a edge lit model ... Also Lg oled has dropped price to 6,500 pretty much on par with this tv worse case and I do mean worse I will try to buy a oled .... Contrast alone should blow me away for a year or two then I'll move on ... Damn edge lit tv,s I don't want that garbage but that's all that around at the moment ...I rather go with oled then edge lit LCD not for nothing I seen a cable company at CES WHO CLAIMS CAN TURN A 1080p HD tv into 4k with a wire .... I don't know how true that is but I can see that happening ... Mine as well jump on the oled if I can't have a full array ... One of these companies will think of a way not to leave 4k behind to ordinary 1080p owners .... Hell I'll take a upscaled 4k oled if I can't have a native 4k oled tv ....I guess we all are full of hopes ....

OLED would be very nice and I think you'd get more use out of its benefits over 4k at least for the next year or so while 4k content becomes more available. If you got the cash for it why not..
As for the wire to upgrade 1080p sets to 4k, it's simply not possible to turn it into true 4k set. What they can do is enable a 1080p set to view 4k content via downscaling, but there's not much point in that seeing as there is tons of HD content and almost no 4k content.
post #242 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

I left out that LG mentioned it is only happening to the 65 inch version .. The bigger the screen the more problems my guess is... I ask them if there 55 inch models has the same plague and they said no !! Which is why u may not see them in the first place here is a grayscale version of the bands

So I tried what you said...I also tried several gray scale ramp screens from the home theater setup bluray discs. On the white screen I don't see any bands, but on the grey screens there is definitely some bands visible but they are very very faint, nowhere near as pronounced as your photo or as what I've seen on the Panasonic. I tried similar grey patterns on my old Samsung and there is no bands visible whatsoever, so Samsung FALD definitely seems to have their stuff figured out better than LG.
post #243 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Can you try a HEVC file from USB and see if it plays it? The Big bug bunny video from here is a .ts file in HEVC, which your manual clearly states is supported:

http://www.elecard.com/en/download/videos.html

If yours can play it and mine can't, that would be very bizarre.

Hey yes I stand corrected (downgraded) I mean 4k is simply stunning one of my favorite is ( Vancouver city 2 on YouTube) ... Such a shame because the panel is glorious in 4k but these bands are 1/2 inch thick and are everywhere and it cannot be overlooked... I sure hope LG can get there **** together because this is just shameful ....I'am highly vexed by this matter ... If This banding is a result of lighting proximity that means it cannot be altered because it would mean major design flaw.... MAJOR!! I really hope they can replace this set I low I won't be happy with a edge lit counter part but I cannot keep seeing bands ...tomorrow the tech will be here and I will have some answers .. Like you I don't understand what changing A Board is gonna do to these bands but he better bring something other then a logic board ... Smdh anyhow getting back to 4k
Vancouver city 2 really brings out the black levels in the tv!! Ohh before I forget I tried to download the video link you sent me and it's giving me a error !! Maybe u can send me another .ts download site ... Question does YouTube have .ts file extensions because I have not seen one yet !!
Edited by MoneyNCarbinex - 2/11/14 at 5:38am
post #244 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post


Notice the horizontal lines that go from left to right of the panel it may look like ripples to some but it's permanent shadows that I cannot get away from and this is my second set

Did you say horizontal lines or vertical? I cannot see them. Can you please point them out?
post #245 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

Ohh before I forget I tried to download the video link you sent me and it's giving me a error !! Maybe u can send me another .ts download site ... Question does YouTube have .ts file extensions because I have not seen one yet !!

No .ts is a transport stream used typically by streaming services, it's not a file you would typically download directly. I just tried the link and it downloads just fine for me, maybe there was a problem with their site when you tried but it is working fine now. Download the 1080p big buck bunny video.
post #246 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

No .ts is a transport stream used typically by streaming services, it's not a file you would typically download directly. I just tried the link and it downloads just fine for me, maybe there was a problem with their site when you tried but it is working fine now. Download the 1080p big buck bunny video.


Understood quick question have u down loaded the Costa Rica 4k @ 60hz ? I got it running at 4k and it's really amazing this is my first time running that video off of my USB and a funny thing happens that I'm starting to notice ... When I'm running 3840x2160 the banding is not as obvious .... I mean that Costa Rica video is crisp .... As for that other video It still doesn't want to run on my end very strange ... Man full array and 4k was meant to be !! Because 4k leave me speechless just wish there was more of it because I would not complain about the banding as much ... Such a sweet misery
post #247 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

Understood quick question have u down loaded the Costa Rica 4k @ 60hz ? I got it running at 4k and it's really amazing this is my first time running that video off of my USB and a funny thing happens that I'm starting to notice ... When I'm running 3840x2160 the banding is not as obvious .... I mean that Costa Rica video is crisp .... As for that other video It still doesn't want to run on my end very strange ... Man full array and 4k was meant to be !! Because 4k leave me speechless just wish there was more of it because I would not complain about the banding as much ... Such a sweet misery

post #248 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractor View Post

Did you say horizontal lines or vertical? I cannot see them. Can you please point them out?

Look at the grey scale version u can see inconsistencies in the panel if u look closely look at the top to bottom and then left to right u should see the shadows ... If not then it may not effect you ... I'm very particular about banding and for some reason I can spot them they are very thin but at times I can see them ... Especially with sports IE the Olympics.. Now don't get me wrong it looks great untill the camera pans left or right ... It becomes clear as day to me .., again if you don't see it don't worry about it.... Your eyes and my eyes Are different . What bothers me may not even appear to you because I could have just have bad luck and got 2 bad panels but I can tell you one thing for certain... LG is coming tomorrow and I pray they can fix this problem that's how much I'm satisfied with this panel .... I will be very sad if they cannot swap or fix the panel .... To be continued ........
post #249 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

Understood quick question have u down loaded the Costa Rica 4k @ 60hz ? I got it running at 4k and it's really amazing this is my first time running that video off of my USB and a funny thing happens that I'm starting to notice ... When I'm running 3840x2160 the banding is not as obvious .... I mean that Costa Rica video is crisp .... As for that other video It still doesn't want to run on my end very strange ... Man full array and 4k was meant to be !! Because 4k leave me speechless just wish there was more of it because I would not complain about the banding as much ... Such a sweet misery

Yes I tried the Costa Rica video, very impressive indeed.

So LG came by today to fix the USB ports. He replaced the entire main board, but the problem still persisted. He ended up calling LG and explaining the problem and that he replaced the main board. They told him this TV does not support USB 3.0. What a load of crock...it clearly does and is advertised as such on their website. If it doesn't support it then what is the USB 3.0 port even for? Anyway, he said I can call them and argue with them but he is not allowed to, so he had to leave with marking the problem as resolved with "USB 3.0 not supported on this TV". The tech said he totally agrees with me that it is supported and they have a bug in their USB drivers, but there is not much he can do. What a joke...LG's customer service is definitely a far cry from Sony and Samsung.
post #250 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Yes I tried the Costa Rica video, very impressive indeed.

So LG came by today to fix the USB ports. He replaced the entire main board, but the problem still persisted. He ended up calling LG and explaining the problem and that he replaced the main board. They told him this TV does not support USB 3.0. What a load of crock...it clearly does and is advertised as such on their website. If it doesn't support it then what is the USB 3.0 port even for? Anyway, he said I can call them and argue with them but he is not allowed to, so he had to leave with marking the problem as resolved with "USB 3.0 not supported on this TV". The tech said he totally agrees with me that it is supported and they have a bug in their USB drivers, but there is not much he can do. What a joke...LG's customer service is definitely a far cry from Sony and Samsung.

What!!!!! Unbelievable ....!!! Listen u call them and do what I did ""rave and rant "" let them know this tv is far from cheap !! And you let them know you use your USB port via Apple TV or chromecast... And if you can't use it then it is a defect .... Anything that doesn't work as intended is just that .. And it needs to be changed... now let me tell u about my experience today .... First off no one showed up .... Secondly I had to call them and find out what the hell is going on !! So After I sent them to Hell pleasantly .. I spoke to a guy at VIP because no one else seems to be qualified to talk to you beside that department (what a joke) .. After being on hold for 25 min the receptionist finally thought to himself to call me back and stop waisting my precious time (applause) so after another 40 min he calls me and tells me that from what I told them the PANEL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!! So apparently that's why no one showed up (interesting ) so I ask how long for this supposed replacement .... He replies 5 days and it's being shipped through freight .... I made it very clear that I'am to get the same exact version with H .265.. Because there is clearly two different versions floating around and I told him he is to order me the same exact one ..... I will deny it if it isn't the same exact one and I will refer the manual to make sure of course .... So after that call the damn technician calls and not to my surprise
He ask me questions about the panel and before he could finish the question I told him that I just spoke to corporate and they told me there ordering a new panel so what's all these questions for ??? Make a long story short I finally get the tech to understand the scope of the situation and the dollar amount involved with this purchase he sees things my way and he said he will order the new panel and in 5 days set up a appointment to swap it out.....what I couldn't believe is he tried to downplay the problems after corporate alrdy told me they were gonna order the new unit and swap it out ... Bottom line I didn't go for that **** they were trying to sell me ... You ask to speak to someone higher then the person u spoke to before and if they don't listen ... You call up everyday and make them listen ....
post #251 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

What!!!!! Unbelievable ....!!! Listen u call them and do what I did ""rave and rant "" let them know this tv is far from cheap !! And you let them know you use your USB port via Apple TV or chromecast... And if you can't use it then it is a defect .... Anything that doesn't work as intended is just that .. And it needs to be changed... now let me tell u about my experience today .... First off no one showed up .... Secondly I had to call them and find out what the hell is going on !! So After I sent them to Hell pleasantly .. I spoke to a guy at VIP because no one else seems to be qualified to talk to you beside that department (what a joke) .. After being on hold for 25 min the receptionist finally thought to himself to call me back and stop waisting my precious time (applause) so after another 40 min he calls me and tells me that from what I told them the PANEL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!! So apparently that's why no one showed up (interesting ) so I ask how long for this supposed replacement .... He replies 5 days and it's being shipped through freight .... I made it very clear that I'am to get the same exact version with H .265.. Because there is clearly two different versions floating around and I told him he is to order me the same exact one ..... I will deny it if it isn't the same exact one and I will refer the manual to make sure of course .... So after that call the damn technician calls and not to my surprise
He ask me questions about the panel and before he could finish the question I told him that I just spoke to corporate and they told me there ordering a new panel so what's all these questions for ??? Make a long story short I finally get the tech to understand the scope of the situation and the dollar amount involved with this purchase he sees things my way and he said he will order the new panel and in 5 days set up a appointment to swap it out.....what I couldn't believe is he tried to downplay the problems after corporate alrdy told me they were gonna order the new unit and swap it out ... Bottom line I didn't go for that **** they were trying to sell me ... You ask to speak to someone higher then the person u spoke to before and if they don't listen ... You call up everyday and make them listen ....

Yeah I know I should call and yell at them, I just don't have the patience to wait on the phone and then try to argue with clueless people. I'll get around to it at some point though when I'm bored.

Perhaps you should try the HEVC videos on your current TV, it could just be that your manual says that but it doesn't in fact play them. Also, did your TV come with 2 remotes (magic remote and standard)? The tech guy who came over to replace the logic board told me it should come with 2 remotes, and sure enough in some reviews online it says they do come with 2, but mine came only with the magic remote and the manual doesn't mention any other remote either.

I'll send you a PM with a link to some HEVC videos you can download directly from my machine so you can try them before they replace your panel...
post #252 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Yeah I know I should call and yell at them, I just don't have the patience to wait on the phone and then try to argue with clueless people. I'll get around to it at some point though when I'm bored.

Perhaps you should try the HEVC videos on your current TV, it could just be that your manual says that but it doesn't in fact play them. Also, did your TV come with 2 remotes (magic remote and standard)? The tech guy who came over to replace the logic board told me it should come with 2 remotes, and sure enough in some reviews online it says they do come with 2, but mine came only with the magic remote and the manual doesn't mention any other remote either.

I'll send you a PM with a link to some HEVC videos you can download directly from my machine so you can try them before they replace your panel...

So I tried those videos and unfortunately none of the .ts files work but again the manual says it's limited to only .ts which is a streaming service soo there still can be a chance it does work but with some kind of software that acts as a bridge ... And yes I also did wonder about that same exact thing when I first got the set but I found out the US version only comes with the magic remote but Asia and Australia version has both.... It seems the felt we didnt need it (idiots) .. Watch it will just be my luck that LG replacement ends up being worse then the one I got .... Crazy... Hey did u bother to ask the technician about the HDMI 2.0 update ?? I mean being that he was indeed able to switch the whole main board it could be possible right ???? I even thought they couldn't swap out the board on a full array panel but if it's possible then a hdmi 2.0 upgrade can be done ... The main board consist of the hdmi port correct ?
post #253 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

So I tried those videos and unfortunately none of the .ts files work but again the manual says it's limited to only .ts which is a streaming service soo there still can be a chance it does work but with some kind of software that acts as a bridge ... And yes I also did wonder about that same exact thing when I first got the set but I found out the US version only comes with the magic remote but Asia and Australia version has both.... It seems the felt we didnt need it (idiots) .. Watch it will just be my luck that LG replacement ends up being worse then the one I got .... Crazy... Hey did u bother to ask the technician about the HDMI 2.0 update ?? I mean being that he was indeed able to switch the whole main board it could be possible right ???? I even thought they couldn't swap out the board on a full array panel but if it's possible then a hdmi 2.0 upgrade can be done ... The main board consist of the hdmi port correct ?

Well looking at your manual it specifically said those files were playable via USB, so my guess is it just doesn't work. Yes I had asked the tech about HDMI 2.0, he had said there won't be one...but what does he know.
post #254 of 540
I received the 65-inch yesterday. I have mixed feelings about it. Color and brightness of the set is really nice compared to my Samsung plasma which I put side to side. However this panel suffers from horrendous clouding. I run some black patterns on my media PC and all 4 corners, especially the two upper-ones are illuminated. My LCD monitor which is 10 years old does not do that. This is a very expensive tv with a defective panel. When displaying a black screen the lights should be off. How difficult is that?

Also the hallow effect is there when a small bright object is displayed on a black screen. This would not bother me as much except again that my 10 year old LCD monitor does not do that.

To minimize those effects I had to significantly reduce the backlight and brightness and increased the local dimming to maximum. I did my tests using the Normal profile and was very disappointed.

Does anybody know how you can get to the tv expert menu and run some of the tvs own patterns? I only have the magic remote. @MoneyNCarbinex You said they agreed to replace the panel. Let us know if clouding persists.
Edited by attractor - 2/15/14 at 3:39pm
post #255 of 540
Huge relief after updating the TV firmware. Now a black screen is black. Still get some clouding when I move my mouse pointer to the corners but its not so bad.
post #256 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Well looking at your manual it specifically said those files were playable via USB, so my guess is it just doesn't work. Yes I had asked the tech about HDMI 2.0, he had said there won't be one...but what does he know.

Well to be honest the manual page 38 says that h.265 is supported by .TS file extension only ...however h 264 suppose to play those files and I notices if my Mac book can't play the video the the tv can't ... If I get a error message on my Mac I get one on the tv when trying those other extensions note that some of those extensions need software to open them that's the error the Mac gives me ...also u are pretty right about these technicians the guy that is coming to replace the tv isn't that's knowledgable at all ...
post #257 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractor View Post

Huge relief after updating the TV firmware. Now a black screen is black. Still get some clouding when I move my mouse pointer to the corners but its not so bad.

Yes I meant to tell you that ... Maybe that's why I don't get that problem no more ... Also if you want to fine the expert menu go back a couple of pages and look for the post I left I have instruction on how to test the tv with its own pattern
post #258 of 540
Anyone of you guys noticed any changes after the new firmware update?

for me didn't notice anything at all,though haven't looked at it for enough time.
it's available using the auto-update in your TV,not online yet.
post #259 of 540
@MoneyNCarbinex and @TallCoolOne. I notice that the panel on my 65la9700 is not 100% flat. If you look at the reflections on a black screen of bright objects behind and change your viewing angle you will see the reflections distorted. Is this normal? Does it happen on your screens as well? My old Sammy plasma reflections are like a mirror which means flat surface.
post #260 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractor View Post

@MoneyNCarbinex and @TallCoolOne. I notice that the panel on my 65la9700 is not 100% flat. If you look at the reflections on a black screen of bright objects behind and change your viewing angle you will see the reflections distorted. Is this normal? Does it happen on your screens as well? My old Sammy plasma reflections are like a mirror which means flat surface.

I don't know what u mean ... The panel is flat indeed ... As a matter of fact LG is at my house this very moment taking my tv apart to switch the (panel) ... Maybe u can take some pictures and show me what u mean ...
post #261 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyNCarbinex View Post

Well to be honest the manual page 38 says that h.265 is supported by .TS file extension only ...however h 264 suppose to play those files and I notices if my Mac book can't play the video the the tv can't ... If I get a error message on my Mac I get one on the tv when trying those other extensions note that some of those extensions need software to open them that's the error the Mac gives me ...also u are pretty right about these technicians the guy that is coming to replace the tv isn't that's knowledgable at all ...

Well at least one of the files I gave you was a H.265 encoded video with .ts extension, so if it cannot play it the TV is just not capable, contrary to what your manual says. Your Mac cannot play H.265 by default, if you install a codec or player for it, then it can. You can download the latest VLC and it has experimental support for H.265 in it, and will play that surfing.ts file I sent you.

Our only hope is that the hardware decoder is indeed included but just not supported in the firmware, but that's unlikely...
post #262 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractor View Post

@MoneyNCarbinex and @TallCoolOne. I notice that the panel on my 65la9700 is not 100% flat. If you look at the reflections on a black screen of bright objects behind and change your viewing angle you will see the reflections distorted. Is this normal? Does it happen on your screens as well? My old Sammy plasma reflections are like a mirror which means flat surface.

The reflections do get distorted off angle but that does not mean the panel isn't flat, it is very flat. There are multiple elements to the panel including any anti-glare coatings, the FPR for 3D, etc. Any and all of these can affect the amount of glare when viewed at different angles.
post #263 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Well looking at your manual it specifically said those files were playable via USB, so my guess is it just doesn't work. Yes I had asked the tech about HDMI 2.0, he had said there won't be one...but what does he know.


So finally the LG Tech got here and basically swapped the panel out ... Ok let me emphasize on what I mean ... As u can see by the pictures he swapped the whole damn panel ... All he had to take apart was 3 boards and he was done ... All in all he has been here for a hour ... Now I will hit you guys back with the feedback of our conversation and the findings because he is still here ...

post #264 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Well at least one of the files I gave you was a H.265 encoded video with .ts extension, so if it cannot play it the TV is just not capable, contrary to what your manual says. Your Mac cannot play H.265 by default, if you install a codec or player for it, then it can. You can download the latest VLC and it has experimental support for H.265 in it, and will play that surfing.ts file I sent you.

Our only hope is that the hardware decoder is indeed included but just not supported in the firmware, but that's unlikely...

HEVC does not work on my tv either (for the time being). However I can play it through my media PC at 2016p 29Hz wink.gif Honestly I do not care much for HW codec support as this will be included in all future video players and GPUs. I only care about HDMI 2.0. You can really feel the lag at 29Hz:(
Edited by attractor - 2/18/14 at 1:29pm
post #265 of 540

Hi, I've recently purchased LG 65LA9700 and have got a few visual/audio sync issues. I have 3 systems connected to the TV with HDMI, which are: 1.) Philips home theater system; 2.) Xbox360 3.) PS3.

Now all 3 systems appears to have lip sync issue where the audio will play earlier than the screen shown. I would assume the processor within the TV is too slow to process the 4K pixels, hence the late-out-of-sync screen. I have made some changes to the audio sync setting in the Philips home theater system and it seems better now but still not perfect, I still notice some lag. My xbox is connected to the TV via HDMI for visual and via optical cable to the Philips system for 5.1 sound. Since I've made changes to the Philips system so Xbox is fine(but not perfect, as it is a tweaked setting afterall). With my PS3 I connected to the TV via HDMI for visual, and for sound it is PS3 > optical cable > turtle beach earforce DSS amp > headphone. Here I can't make changes to the audio setting in the PS3, nor the amp. So I'm helpless when I want to use my PS3. Although my viewing experience on my Philips system and xbox has improved ( I had to change the settings deliberately...) but not yet perfect, I'd say I still have issues on all these 3 platforms while viewing in 65LA9700. Even if I delay the audio coming out, that means I'm looking at the delayed screen and delayed audio, which affects my gaming obviously as I am some latency behind my opponents. I think the best solution to this is to UP the processing speed of the TV screen showings if it can.

Are there any ways to fix these problems? Am I doing something wrong?

 

I've had a SHARP TV with this EXACT SAME setting and it worked perfect. I'm starting to question if I made the wrong move to change to this LG TV.

If you need to clarify something, please feel free to ask me. Thank you.:) 


Edited by macaroni505 - 2/19/14 at 12:00am
post #266 of 540
^^^
same thing here
post #267 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni505 View Post

Hi, I've recently purchased LG 65LA9700 and have got a few visual/audio sync issues. I have 3 systems connected to the TV with HDMI, which are: 1.) Philips home theater system; 2.) Xbox360 3.) PS3.
Now all 3 systems appears to have lip sync issue where the audio will play earlier than the screen shown. I would assume the processor within the TV is too slow to process the 4K pixels, hence the late-out-of-sync screen. I have made some changes to the audio sync setting in the Philips home theater system and it seems better now but still not perfect, I still notice some lag. My xbox is connected to the TV via HDMI for visual and via optical cable to the Philips system for 5.1 sound. Since I've made changes to the Philips system so Xbox is fine(but not perfect, as it is a tweaked setting afterall). With my PS3 I connected to the TV via HDMI for visual, and for sound it is PS3 > optical cable > turtle beach earforce DSS amp > headphone. Here I can't make changes to the audio setting in the PS3, nor the amp. So I'm helpless when I want to use my PS3. Although my viewing experience on my Philips system and xbox has improved ( I had to change the settings deliberately...) but not yet perfect, I'd say I still have issues on all these 3 platforms while viewing in 65LA9700. Even if I delay the audio coming out, that means I'm looking at the delayed screen and delayed audio, which affects my gaming obviously as I am some latency behind my opponents. I think the best solution to this is to UP the processing speed of the TV screen showings if it can.
Are there any ways to fix these problems? Am I doing something wrong?

I've had a SHARP TV with this EXACT SAME setting and it worked perfect. I'm starting to question if I made the wrong move to change to this LG TV.
If you need to clarify something, please feel free to ask me. Thank you.smile.gif  

I returned mine because of this, I can't believe how much input lag this tv have, is so horrendous, much worse than the 84 inch, is the worst tv in this matter I have ever had, try renaming all the inputs to "PC" and image processing to game mode, but even with that the input lag was too much for me.
post #268 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni505 View Post

Hi, I've recently purchased LG 65LA9700 and have got a few visual/audio sync issues. I have 3 systems connected to the TV with HDMI, which are: 1.) Philips home theater system; 2.) Xbox360 3.) PS3.
Now all 3 systems appears to have lip sync issue where the audio will play earlier than the screen shown. I would assume the processor within the TV is too slow to process the 4K pixels, hence the late-out-of-sync screen. I have made some changes to the audio sync setting in the Philips home theater system and it seems better now but still not perfect, I still notice some lag. My xbox is connected to the TV via HDMI for visual and via optical cable to the Philips system for 5.1 sound. Since I've made changes to the Philips system so Xbox is fine(but not perfect, as it is a tweaked setting afterall). With my PS3 I connected to the TV via HDMI for visual, and for sound it is PS3 > optical cable > turtle beach earforce DSS amp > headphone. Here I can't make changes to the audio setting in the PS3, nor the amp. So I'm helpless when I want to use my PS3. Although my viewing experience on my Philips system and xbox has improved ( I had to change the settings deliberately...) but not yet perfect, I'd say I still have issues on all these 3 platforms while viewing in 65LA9700. Even if I delay the audio coming out, that means I'm looking at the delayed screen and delayed audio, which affects my gaming obviously as I am some latency behind my opponents. I think the best solution to this is to UP the processing speed of the TV screen showings if it can.
Are there any ways to fix these problems? Am I doing something wrong?

I've had a SHARP TV with this EXACT SAME setting and it worked perfect. I'm starting to question if I made the wrong move to change to this LG TV.
If you need to clarify something, please feel free to ask me. Thank you.smile.gif  

Sorry to hear you're having these problems, but there is definitely some things you can do. First, if you are using the optical output of your consoles, why not just feed the optical audio out from the TV to your amp, then you wont need the sync settings on the amp which could vary based on input source. This won't take care of the amount of lag on the TV though to help in your gaming, for that you need to put the TV in Game mode, make sure both the mode and AV Mode are in Game mode. Also, turn off all processing options in Advanced and Picture Options including TruMotion, noise reduction, etc etc.

Hope that helps.
post #269 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

Sorry to hear you're having these problems, but there is definitely some things you can do. First, if you are using the optical output of your consoles, why not just feed the optical audio out from the TV to your amp, then you wont need the sync settings on the amp which could vary based on input source. This won't take care of the amount of lag on the TV though to help in your gaming, for that you need to put the TV in Game mode, make sure both the mode and AV Mode are in Game mode. Also, turn off all processing options in Advanced and Picture Options including TruMotion, noise reduction, etc etc.

Hope that helps.

Just wrote a book and the damn website encounters a problem ... Well bottom line (A+ for lg technicians ... The mAn never took apart this model and did it within a hour and a half ... (Applause)... By this receipt panel cost 2,878.00 which is a lot just for the damn panel ... Which make me think your getting a viable product that is worth the money if not more ...
Think about it once u add CPU ,GPU .sounds processor ect basically all the bells and whistles this gets pretty expensive .... I'm sure lg didnt think there were gonna lower the price this early in the game ... When it first dropped it was almost 7,499 on the there web site after the price wars they locked in at 6,499 (current) ... And let's be honest there is a lot under this hood .... Not To mention a sense of elegance ... I still have not decided wether I'm gonna stay with this panel or not but one this is clear this is one hell of a set ...if not I wouldn't have switched the panel 3 different times .... Anyhow on the the panel problems that are solved is no blooming in comers at all... Gone !!! Next haloing as been reduced a lot I have used bright room setting a which I would not have used before but I can view the tv off angle and the haloing is less intrusive as are the thin bands I spoke bout before ... Now they only seem to be a problem when the tv pans but they are less intrusive indeed ... I may lean on staying with this panel I'm not 100% sure yet I don't know one thing I don't want edge lit so I may have to just stay where I'm at .... Gaming is crazy idk why people are having lagg problems ... GUYS MAKES SURE AV MODE IS ON GAME NOT JUST PICTURE MODE ALSO IF YOU HAVE A RECIEVER MAKE SURE YOUR TURN ALL VIDEO PROCESSING OFF ... Hell I would tell you to connect the console directly to the tv instead of bridging to the A/v RECIEVER .. I'm playing call on duty and I'm getting 25/6 kill/death ratio... Idk what u guys are talking about and I came from a pioneer kuro elite ! And I'm still getting smooth game play then again I have blaizing fast 150/65 fios quantum .... One thing I can say is LG service was good no headache drama free and the result is a better panel I'am pleased I get a perfect black screen now Lg would impress me if they gave us some forsure word of a upgrade path ... Technician said since they built this tv like a computer everything can be swapped out easily for service/replacement ... So hdmi board which is one out of 6 boards can be theoretically swapped out for a upgrade let's hope they use the ability to do so....if not my only solution maybe be a firmware upgrade to H.265 That supports 60fps .... I suggest everyone who ones one go on there website write a review and tell them this tv would get a higher mark if we were not left out in the dark ... For god sakes these guys make fridges that you can txt ..?!!!! Let's be honest there breaking records and making premium products ..They can surely make this hdmi 2.0 upgrade happen... Let's hope that's the apple part of them being so secretive ...
post #270 of 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeslu View Post


I returned mine because of this, I can't believe how much input lag this tv have, is so horrendous, much worse than the 84 inch, is the worst tv in this matter I have ever had, try renaming all the inputs to "PC" and image processing to game mode, but even with that the input lag was too much for me.


Do you know what does renaming do? Is "PC" better than "GAME" input name? I searched for the specifics about each name/mode but I am very disappointed at LG failing to provide the details of each mode. I turned off several features and set the name to PC and the lag has improved from 200ms delay to about 180ms. Still, it is very bad I know. Even the features I turned off LG doesn't say what it does in detail so I don't know what kind of feature I'm missing. LG needs to include the detailed explanation of each feature or mode, at least in the owner's manual for christ's sake...

 

EDIT: nvm, upon further viewing i still need to sync at around 200ms. This input lag is driving me nuts.


Edited by macaroni505 - 2/20/14 at 11:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG LA9700 Owner's Thread ( 55LA9700, 65LA9700 )