Originally Posted by nishant786
Can anyone please be kind enough to make a tutorial for noobs on going about converting/downloading/playing videos that will play on this mytery of a television. I have the Indian version with HVEC on the box, but NONE of the 4K videos I try playing play on it. No matter what size what codec anything! Not even a H.265 1080p video!
I could not get any H.265/HEVC videos to play either, if you do let us know, especially since you have the Indian version which advertises HEVC all over it. To get an H.264 4K video to play, try this:
1) Download 4K Video Downloader (http://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader
2) Install and run the app
3) Copy this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0FpxQ4Ink
4) Click Paste URL in 4k Video Downloader app
5) You will see a window with various selection, make sure "Original Quality 4K" is selected
6) Pick a folder to download to and click Download
7) Put the downloaded file on a USB stick and plug it into the TV and play it.
That should work, once you get that working maybe try some of these HEVC videos:
Let us know how it goes...