or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Godzilla - May 2014 - Page 3

post #61 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

At least the trailer is officially out now. Too bad we had already seen most of it in the leaks.

Not likely... not do I expect the death toll to be quite high in this feature, I fully expect MORE THAN ONE MONSTER!
post #62 of 343
Looks great! Big LFE potential!
post #63 of 343
I like the trailer.
post #64 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Looks great! Big LFE potential!

I hope his roar shakes the theater. This trailer will play before The Hobbit, so those that want to see it on something other than youtube have that option.
post #65 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Looks great! Big LFE potential!

Sound designer also did World War Z, so that's a good start. smile.gif
post #66 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Sound designer also did World War Z, so that's a good start. smile.gif

Great info Cabo, thanks! cool.gif
post #67 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

I like the trailer.

F**k yeh. Damn these are awesome trailers. biggrin.gif
post #68 of 343
I agree these trailers look fantastic and I am stoked to see this in the theater. They definitely appeared to take a much more serious tone for this flick.

That being said...why on Earth would a group of special forces soldiers make a H.A.L.O. jump...which is a tactical insertion...with friggin' flares attached to their feet?!? I am really hoping/assuming they have a good explanation for that in the flick. And if not...then maybe "the big dragon" as my daughter calls him will torch them ASAP and show the audience how foolish it is to try and stop Godzilla with flares attached to meat snacks!

Either way...I am there when it opens!
post #69 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

That being said...why on Earth would a group of special forces soldiers make a H.A.L.O. jump...which is a tactical insertion...with friggin' flares attached to their feet?!? I am really hoping/assuming they have a good explanation for that in the flick.
So that they can keep track of each other in midair.
Smashing into a fellow dropper is a death sentence for one or the other or both.
post #70 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

So that they can keep track of each other in midair.
Smashing into a fellow dropper is a death sentence for one or the other or both.

Totally get that angle...and I really do appreciate your views Oink and mean no disrespect...if only there was a technology that allowed them to see each other WITHOUT a giant flare strapped to their leg...like the battery powered infra-red devices used for marking drone strikes that DARPA has developed/employed since 9/11 perhaps? I'm going to have to run this question by some pals and see what they are using these days...and by "these days" I mean whenever the tech was decomissioned and they can actually talk about it...sort of:)
post #71 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

Totally get that angle...and I really do appreciate your views Oink and mean no disrespect...if only there was a technology that allowed them to see each other WITHOUT a giant flare strapped to their leg...like the battery powered infra-red devices used for marking drone strikes that DARPA has developed/employed since 9/11 perhaps? I'm going to have to run this question by some pals and see what they are using these days...and by "these days" I mean whenever the tech was decomissioned and they can actually talk about it...sort of:)
I didn't mean to imply the use of flares was current military tech or tactics.
I was looking at it from a cinematic POV and the possible rationale behind it.
post #72 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

I agree these trailers look fantastic and I am stoked to see this in the theater. They definitely appeared to take a much more serious tone for this flick.

That being said...why on Earth would a group of special forces soldiers make a H.A.L.O. jump...which is a tactical insertion...with friggin' flares attached to their feet?!? I am really hoping/assuming they have a good explanation for that in the flick. And if not...then maybe "the big dragon" as my daughter calls him will torch them ASAP and show the audience how foolish it is to try and stop Godzilla with flares attached to meat snacks!

Either way...I am there when it opens!

I figure the tactic was to distract or lure the monster. Similar to what happened in Reign of Fire.
post #73 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post


That being said...why on Earth would a group of special forces soldiers make a H.A.L.O. jump...which is a tactical insertion...with friggin' flares attached to their feet?!? I am really hoping/assuming they have a good explanation for that in the flick. And if not...then maybe "the big dragon" as my daughter calls him will torch them ASAP and show the audience how foolish it is to try and stop Godzilla with flares attached to meat snacks!

Either way...I am there when it opens!


you have to realize that the movie is, as much as we can tell, based on the 1954 film without being a remake. In that movie, Godzilla was killed with a hand delivered "Oxygen Device" that had to be placed in very close proximity to the creature. as a matter of fact, the creator of the device was killed along with Gojira during it's use at the end of Godzilla '54.

You can not kill an Atomic Monster with atomic weapons.

I am not saying this is what is happening in those Halo scenes, but it bares some resemblance. The death scene in Godzilla '54 was a very touching and emotional sequence especially when combined with Akira Ifukube's supreme soundtrack...


Edited by MSchu18 - 12/11/13 at 9:42am
post #74 of 343
godzilla-poster-new.jpg

I see a ring of fire in this poster shot as the Halo group drops in... looks like the military destroyed San Francisco trying to kill Godzilla.

you can't kill an atomic monster with an atomic bomb.

TRAILER_GODZILLA_2014_6.gif

Firefight as the Halo drop is taking place

TRAILER_GODZILLA_2014_2.gif

I am willing to bet that is his atomic breath
post #75 of 343
Ya gotta love nit picking the unrealistic bits in a freaking Godzilla movie. wink.gif
post #76 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

Ya gotta love nit picking the unrealistic bits in a freaking Godzilla movie. wink.gif

Totally. What fun would it be to just let it slide? smile.gif
post #77 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

Totally. What fun would it be to just let it slide? smile.gif
Yup, this forum exists just for that purpose.biggrin.gif
post #78 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

I agree these trailers look fantastic and I am stoked to see this in the theater. They definitely appeared to take a much more serious tone for this flick.

That being said...why on Earth would a group of special forces soldiers make a H.A.L.O. jump...which is a tactical insertion...with friggin' flares attached to their feet?!? I am really hoping/assuming they have a good explanation for that in the flick. And if not...then maybe "the big dragon" as my daughter calls him will torch them ASAP and show the audience how foolish it is to try and stop Godzilla with flares attached to meat snacks!

Either way...I am there when it opens!

I was thinking the same thing during the trailer. So was my ex wife. It seems horrifically stupid. I'm hoping there's a plausible explanation in the movie, but let's be real.......there won't be. Either way, the movie looks awesome!!!
post #79 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcloud View Post

I was thinking the same thing during the trailer. So was my ex wife. It seems horrifically stupid. I'm hoping there's a plausible explanation in the movie, but let's be real.......there won't be. Either way, the movie looks awesome!!!

Silly AVS people want things to make sense.

Hey, why not just take a bus ride into town. Gets you there safer than diving right into
the fire, but.....Movies!
post #80 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post



This better have subsonic bass!

I like it.
post #81 of 343
The preview for this that played in front of Smaug certainly translated well to the commercial sized screen, having only seen it on Youtube previously. Now I really want to see it...depending on reviews. RT may not be the end all be all, but it definitely helps make the decision whether or not to spend the time and money on a theater trip.
post #82 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

RT may not be the end all be all, but it definitely helps make the decision whether or not to spend the time and money on a theater trip.
Never follow, always lead.....or attack.
post #83 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Never follow, always lead.....or attack.
I can buy a lot of liquor for the price of a night out at the theater. I'd call using RT prudent planning.
post #84 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

I can buy a lot of liquor for the price of a night out at the theater. I'd call using RT prudent planning.
I have said for years the best critics are found on this forum.wink.gif
post #85 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I have said for years the best critics are found on this forum.wink.gif
There's members here who like Prometheus and Tron Legacy. Your statement is crap, buddy. wink.gif

Just kidding. I come here for the details after I see what % RT says. I don't waste my time on something that peaks out of the gate at 6%... Then again, some crap movies get high marks on RT. It's like solving a puzzle.
post #86 of 343
As a long time Godzilla fan, I will be going on opening night if I can, otherwise the very next day. I won't be shy about calling the movie crap if it is such. I liked Pacific Rim as well, so don't expect me to be critical of the plot if the action is good. biggrin.gif
post #87 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

There's members here who like Prometheus and Tron Legacy.
The former, yes....the latter, no.

Quote:
Your statement is crap, buddy. wink.gif
True, but I am consistent.

Quote:
Just kidding. I come here for the details after I see what % RT says. I don't waste my time on something that peaks out of the gate at 6%... Then again, some crap movies get high marks on RT. It's like solving a puzzle.
I can save ya a lot of time, Stephen....just ask Uncle Oink what's good and what isn't.
I have an opinion about EVERYTHING (according to the wife).tongue.gif
post #88 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

There's members here who like Prometheus and Tron Legacy. Your statement is crap, buddy. wink.gif


I liked both.......but my opinions are worthless anyway.....just ask any of my exes. biggrin.gif
post #89 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I liked both.......but my opinions are worthless anyway.....just ask any of my exes. biggrin.gif
I did, and they agree.tongue.gif
post #90 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I did, and they agree.tongue.gif
His exes would never talk to you. Or did you mean you approached them in the windowless van?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home