or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-L65WT600 4k Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic TC-L65WT600 4k Owner's Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 266

i think so,We really need a good side by side testing with the same material playing in a duel format.thanks

8.gif

post #122 of 266


Here are my impressions after a having the set for a week. I am a PC gaming enthusiast and bought this to replace a triple DELL U3011 in portrait surround setup. On light backgrounds I do see the same lines as in Emes pic. Sitting 4.5ft from the display there is a noticeable gamma shift towards the sides of the screen. Despite these flaws I am still pleased with the display, gaming in 4k 60fps is breath taking . The lines to me are rarely visible and are seen mostly during web browsing. I calibrated the display with a colorimeter and with the color temp set to Warm 2 it was very accurate out of the box only needing minor adjustment. The contrast on this display is excellent and in 4k on the glossy screen the image seems 3d dimensional. The scanning backilght is unfortunately tied to motion interpolation and when enable has noticeable input lag. Input lag on game mode is excellent, even more responsive than the U3011s it replaced. Another nice thing is 1080p scales perfectly so its like the display has 2 native resolutions allow you to drop down for demanding games with decent image quality. Overall I am enjoying this set and from a pc gamer's perspective the IQ can't be beat.
Edited by jtw473 - 10/30/13 at 12:02am
post #123 of 266
Thanks for your statement. For sure, the Panasonic ist a very good gaming set. But for this price I can expect very good quality WITHOUT bars or anything else (my opinion).

Please post your settings after your calibration. Thank you, appreciate this.

Did you measured the inputlag? I read, Inputlag ist just average (67ms), which is preety bad for descent gaming.

Emes
Edited by Emes - 10/30/13 at 5:15am
post #124 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw473 View Post


Here are my impressions after a having the set for a week. I am a PC gaming enthusiast and bought this to replace a triple DELL U3011 in portrait surround setup. On light backgrounds I do see the same lines as in Emes pic. Sitting 4.5ft from the display there is a noticeable gamma shift towards the sides of the screen. Despite these flaws I am still pleased with the display, gaming in 4k 60fps is breath taking . The lines to me are rarely visible and are seen mostly during web browsing. I calibrated the display with a colorimeter and with the color temp set to Warm 2 it was very accurate out of the box only needing minor adjustment. The contrast on this display is excellent and in 4k on the glossy screen the image seems 3d dimensional. The scanning backilght is unfortunately tied to motion interpolation and when enable has noticeable input lag. Input lag on game mode is excellent, even more responsive than the U3011s it replaced. Another nice thing is 1080p scales perfectly so its like the display has 2 native resolutions allow you to drop down for demanding games with decent image quality. Overall I am enjoying this set and from a pc gamer's perspective the IQ can't be beat.

thank you for the input! First I'd like to ask about the first bolded part above. Are you saying if you sit 4.5ft or closer to the screen, that the viewing angle and gamma shift starts to become a problem? Is the set designed for you to sit at 5+ feet only?

Second bold part is what I figured. So in essence, to play a game in "game" mode, you have to turn off frame interpolation (120 Hz), and the 2000 Hz scanning backlight correct? So basically in game-mode, it's a regular 60 Hz LCD with no extra features? Removing the 120 Hz interpolation and the scanning backlight, I would assume the motion clarity is far worse and not any better than a normal 60 Hz computer monitor? I understand this is a large tradeoff to get low input lag, as that is the #1 killer in games.

You still find the set is worth $5,500 even with the lines? Thanks for any more input you can provide as I am seriously interested in purchasing this set. I bet the gloss 4K on this thing looks amazing.
post #125 of 266

jtw473, I thought the resolution on the DisplayPort was 4096 X 2160. In your picture for the game its only 3840 X 2160.  I am not sure since it can't find the specs anywhere.  

post #126 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw473 View Post


Here are my impressions after a having the set for a week. I am a PC gaming enthusiast and bought this to replace a triple DELL U3011 in portrait surround setup. On light backgrounds I do see the same lines as in Emes pic. Sitting 4.5ft from the display there is a noticeable gamma shift towards the sides of the screen. Despite these flaws I am still pleased with the display, gaming in 4k 60fps is breath taking . The lines to me are rarely visible and are seen mostly during web browsing. I calibrated the display with a colorimeter and with the color temp set to Warm 2 it was very accurate out of the box only needing minor adjustment. The contrast on this display is excellent and in 4k on the glossy screen the image seems 3d dimensional. The scanning backilght is unfortunately tied to motion interpolation and when enable has noticeable input lag. Input lag on game mode is excellent, even more responsive than the U3011s it replaced. Another nice thing is 1080p scales perfectly so its like the display has 2 native resolutions allow you to drop down for demanding games with decent image quality. Overall I am enjoying this set and from a pc gamer's perspective the IQ can't be beat.
Excellent review, at 4.5 FT I know you are enjoying 4K smile.gif
.
.
Edited by Cleveland Plasma - 10/30/13 at 8:11am
post #127 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw473 View Post



Here are my impressions after a having the set for a week. I am a PC gaming enthusiast and bought this to replace a triple DELL U3011 in portrait surround setup. On light backgrounds I do see the same lines as in Emes pic. Sitting 4.5ft from the display there is a noticeable gamma shift towards the sides of the screen. Despite these flaws I am still pleased with the display, gaming in 4k 60fps is breath taking . The lines to me are rarely visible and are seen mostly during web browsing. I calibrated the display with a colorimeter and with the color temp set to Warm 2 it was very accurate out of the box only needing minor adjustment. The contrast on this display is excellent and in 4k on the glossy screen the image seems 3d dimensional. The scanning backilght is unfortunately tied to motion interpolation and when enable has noticeable input lag. Input lag on game mode is excellent, even more responsive than the U3011s it replaced. Another nice thing is 1080p scales perfectly so its like the display has 2 native resolutions allow you to drop down for demanding games with decent image quality. Overall I am enjoying this set and from a pc gamer's perspective the IQ can't be beat.

I'm thinking of making the jump from console to PC gaming for the sole purpose of playing games in 4k. What kind of gaming PC do you have? Is there anything special I need or is buying one from Dell sufficient?
post #128 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post

I'm thinking of making the jump from console to PC gaming for the sole purpose of playing games in 4k. What kind of gaming PC do you have? Is there anything special I need or is buying one from Dell sufficient?

The highest end Dell wont have the horsepower. You'd have to build it yourself or use a custom builder like http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ or http://www.ibuypower.com/. Expect to spend a minimum $2000-$3000 for 4K@60 on the latest titles.

Correction: I forgot Dell owns Alienware now, so you could probably custom build one of those to suit 4K@60 gaming (but you'll be paying a premium just for the name).
Edited by TheTonik - 10/30/13 at 8:29am
post #129 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post


I'm thinking of making the jump from console to PC gaming for the sole purpose of playing games in 4k. What kind of gaming PC do you have? Is there anything special I need or is buying one from Dell sufficient?

I have a full tower, with two Titan cards in SLI.

The pc costs more than the tv.

post #130 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTonik View Post

The highest end Dell wont have the horsepower. You'd have to build it yourself or use a custom builder like http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ or http://www.ibuypower.com/. Expect to spend a minimum $2000-$3000 for 4K@60 on the latest titles.

Correction: I forgot Dell owns Alienware now, so you could probably custom build one of those to suit 4K@60 gaming.

Thanks for the reply. That's a lot of money but I still think is worth it. No sense in having a 4k tv if you're not really going to use it.... Off to PC shop I go...
post #131 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

I have a full tower, with two Titan cards in SLI.
The pc costs more than the tv.

Dang! More than the tv??? Your stuff must be incredible! Do you have pics of a game playing in 4k? It's going to be hard for me to leave the house once I get my gaming PC...
post #132 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

I have a full tower, with two Titan cards in SLI.
The pc costs more than the tv.

I'd sell those Titans while they're still going for $900-$1000. The just-released AMD 290x is only $550 and is outperforming the Titans on some titles (and about equal when averaged out).
post #133 of 266
I am going to wait until next year when redesigned 290X should have HDMI 2.0 ports as well as DP 1.2. I think Display Port is going to be hard to find on large 4K displays as HDMI 2.0 looks to be the standard they picked. I think the Panasonic's are the only large format 4K displays to even have a Display Port option.
post #134 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw473 View Post



Here are my impressions after a having the set for a week. I am a PC gaming enthusiast and bought this to replace a triple DELL U3011 in portrait surround setup. On light backgrounds I do see the same lines as in Emes pic. Sitting 4.5ft from the display there is a noticeable gamma shift towards the sides of the screen. Despite these flaws I am still pleased with the display, gaming in 4k 60fps is breath taking . The lines to me are rarely visible and are seen mostly during web browsing. I calibrated the display with a colorimeter and with the color temp set to Warm 2 it was very accurate out of the box only needing minor adjustment. The contrast on this display is excellent and in 4k on the glossy screen the image seems 3d dimensional. The scanning backilght is unfortunately tied to motion interpolation and when enable has noticeable input lag. Input lag on game mode is excellent, even more responsive than the U3011s it replaced. Another nice thing is 1080p scales perfectly so its like the display has 2 native resolutions allow you to drop down for demanding games with decent image quality. Overall I am enjoying this set and from a pc gamer's perspective the IQ can't be beat.

 

Does the DisplayPort support 4096 X 2160 resolution.  Read in a couple of places but not sure. 

post #135 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTonik View Post

I'd sell those Titans while they're still going for $900-$1000. The just-released AMD 290x is only $550 and is outperforming the Titans on some titles (and about equal when averaged out).

Anyone building/buying a new PC should wait a few weeks for the new nVidia 780ti video card. nVidia has better drivers and overall better support. AMD has really dropped off these last few years (I was a huge AMD fan).

The 780ti is supposed to be the best single GPU video card nVidia has released... we'll see.


P.S. Always try and build your own PC or have a friend do it for you. Once it's built and up and running you will have practically no issues. Just use quality parts. You're paying a HUGE premium to buy a PC from a company. Friends dont let friends buy built PC's.
post #136 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal View Post


Anyone building/buying a new PC should wait a few weeks for the new nVidia 780ti video card. nVidia has better drivers and overall better support. AMD has really dropped off these last few years (I was a huge AMD fan).

The 780ti is supposed to be the best single GPU video card nVidia has released... we'll see.


P.S. Always try and build your own PC or have a friend do it for you. Once it's built and up and running you will have practically no issues. Just use quality parts. You're paying a HUGE premium to buy a PC from a company. Friends dont let friends buy built PC's.

I agree you should wait for the nVidia 780ti ...

post #137 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal View Post

Anyone building/buying a new PC should wait a few weeks for the new nVidia 780ti video card. nVidia has better drivers and overall better support. AMD has really dropped off these last few years (I was a huge AMD fan).

The 780ti is supposed to be the best single GPU video card nVidia has released... we'll see.


P.S. Always try and build your own PC or have a friend do it for you. Once it's built and up and running you will have practically no issues. Just use quality parts. You're paying a HUGE premium to buy a PC from a company. Friends dont let friends buy built PC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

I agree you should wait for the nVidia 780ti ...

The ti's probably wont be at a $550 price point though. The 780's themselves are already $100 more than the 290x. Im guessing the ti will be even more? But regardless, Im looking forward to seeing what it can do! I will likely buy the first with HDMI 2.0 anyway, lol.

Correction: I guess Nvidia cut prices on 780's to $500 as a response to the whooping from the 290's.
Edited by TheTonik - 10/30/13 at 1:37pm
post #138 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTonik View Post


The ti's probably wont be at a $550 price point though. The 780's themselves are already $100 more than the 290x. Im guessing the ti will be even more? But regardless, Im looking forward to seeing what it can do! I will likely buy the first with HDMI 2.0 anyway, lol.

Correction: I guess Nvidia cut prices on 780's to $500 as a response to the whooping from the 290's.

I'm assuming they will be priced accordingly. I'd assume a $575-625 point perhaps???

If someone loves AMD I would never try and sway them away from the 290x.. I've just heard that the 780ti is supposed to be a fantastic card.
post #139 of 266
Back to topic please.
post #140 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Back to topic please.
I couldn't agree more. No offense guys but we need to keep on point here.
post #141 of 266

Can anyone who owns this set please let me know if the DisplayPort is able to run at 4096 X 2160.  I would like to know if I consider to buy this.   

post #142 of 266
The 4K UHD standard is 3840 X 2160, as is the physical pixel count on the panel. Why would it run 4096x2160?
post #143 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Thanks for your statement. For sure, the Panasonic ist a very good gaming set. But for this price I can expect very good quality WITHOUT bars or anything else (my opinion).

Please post your settings after your calibration. Thank you, appreciate this.

Did you measured the inputlag? I read, Inputlag ist just average (67ms), which is preety bad for descent gaming.

Emes

W/B HIGH R 3
W/B HIGH G 0
W/B HIGH B 2
W/B LOW R 12
W/B LOW G 4
W/B LOW B -2

CONSTRAST 95
GAMMA 2.3

All other settings are defaults under Professional 1 picture mode.

I don't have the equipment to measure input lag, I am going off what I perceive, and I can't feel any lag on this display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post

thank you for the input! First I'd like to ask about the first bolded part above. Are you saying if you sit 4.5ft or closer to the screen, that the viewing angle and gamma shift starts to become a problem? Is the set designed for you to sit at 5+ feet only?

Second bold part is what I figured. So in essence, to play a game in "game" mode, you have to turn off frame interpolation (120 Hz), and the 2000 Hz scanning backlight correct? So basically in game-mode, it's a regular 60 Hz LCD with no extra features? Removing the 120 Hz interpolation and the scanning backlight, I would assume the motion clarity is far worse and not any better than a normal 60 Hz computer monitor? I understand this is a large tradeoff to get low input lag, as that is the #1 killer in games.

You still find the set is worth $5,500 even with the lines? Thanks for any more input you can provide as I am seriously interested in purchasing this set. I bet the gloss 4K on this thing looks amazing.

Due to the size of the set and the VA panel I am probably sitting too close, just pulled out the measuring tape and the display evens out around 6ft. Turning on game mode disables the scanning backlight and motion interpolation. As far as motion resolution it performs as a normal 60hz pc monitor. It's definitely not inferior motion wise to the DELL u3011s it replaced, if anything slightly better. Yes I still think the set is worth it, from what I've read this display is the only one that has full hdmi 2.0 bandwidth, which will allow 4:4:4 chroma at 4k 60hz. All other 4k displays will max out at 4:2:0, which will be horrible for PC use.



  
Edited by jtw473 - 10/31/13 at 8:27am
post #144 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post

I'm thinking of making the jump from console to PC gaming for the sole purpose of playing games in 4k. What kind of gaming PC do you have? Is there anything special I need or is buying one from Dell sufficient?

As others have already said you will need a monster rig. My setup is custom built with triple water cooled titans and a hexcore processor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden1005 View Post

Does the DisplayPort support 4096 X 2160 resolution.  Read in a couple of places but not sure. 

The highest resolution I see under display port is 3840x2160.
post #145 of 266
Yes it does support 4096x2160 input, it will do a center cut of the image to the panel resolution of 3840x2160.

This is useful if you want to send the same signal to a 4k dci projector which are native 4096x2160, the only native 4096 monitors are the sony x300 and the old eizo, neither of which are very reasonably priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden1005 View Post

Can anyone who owns this set please let me know if the DisplayPort is able to run at 4096 X 2160.  I would like to know if I consider to buy this.   
post #146 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw473 View Post

As others have already said you will need a monster rig. My setup is custom built with triple water cooled titans and a hexcore processor.
The highest resolution I see under display port is 3840x2160.

We'll I'm going to buy an Alienware from Dell. I really don't want anything monstrous as I'm not a hardcore gamer. I'll just be sure to get the best graphics card I can and good cooling unit.
post #147 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post

We'll I'm going to buy an Alienware from Dell. I really don't want anything monstrous as I'm not a hardcore gamer. I'll just be sure to get the best graphics card I can and good cooling unit.
Alienware makes you choose the most expensive desktop model to be able to acquire the better video cards. The best card they offer at the moment is the nVidia GTX 780 and they charge $600+ each. I would warn against getting the GTX 780 at this time because the new nVidia 780ti while it sounds like a minor change will be almost the same price and have significantly more horsepower.

4K gaming on this TV is awesome.

Edit: nVidia announced today that the GTX 780 is going to be cut to $499. (I don't think Alienware is going to be quick to pass those savings onto you)
The GTX 780ti will be $699 and come out on November 7th with a lot more horsepower than the GTX 780.
Edited by NavySeal - 10/31/13 at 10:33am
post #148 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySeal View Post

Alienware makes you choose the most expensive desktop model to be able to acquire the better video cards. The best card they offer at the moment is the nVidia GTX 780 and they charge $600+ each. I would warn against getting the GTX 780 at this time because the new nVidia 780ti while it sounds like a minor change will be almost the same price and have significantly more horsepower.

4K gaming on this TV is awesome.

Edit: nVidia announced today that the GTX 780 is going to be cut to $499. (I don't think Alienware is going to be quick to pass those savings onto you)
The GTX 780ti will be $699 and come out on November 7th with a lot more horsepower than the GTX 780.

Sorry to be off topic. Last question is what about a CPU with Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 graphics with 3GB total (2x 1.5GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled?
post #149 of 266
[another new owner -- initial setup items]

Hello all! I received my set on October 30th, 2013, and have been playing with it ever since.

A couple of key items for those using it with a COMPUTER as a display driver...

For my purposes, this was using an NVIDIA 680 based card...

I have that card connected:
(1) to the WT600 via a DisplayPort1.2 cable (3 meter Accell cable bought from Amazon)
(2) to my Dell 3008 main PC monitor via dual-link DVI
(3) to my Sony AVAMP via HDMI

I use #3 above to output AUDIO from my PC to the audio amp.

I HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the latest NVIDIA drivers for both Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 before you try getting the new TV setup. I'll explain why in a moment. Use driver version 331.65 or newer (331.65 is the current as of this writing).

Using that newest driver, the video card WILL see the TV as a single display capable of 3840x2160 @ 60hz. PRIOR to upgrading to that driver, in Windows 7, the display showed up as TWO different screens, which I then had to set as 1920x2160 for each... but that had other issues (i.e. maximizing a window only did it to half the screen). In Win 8.1, with the OLD driver, I got BSOD's just on boot (if I had the WT600 turned on -- turn it off until you have the driver updated).

Anyway, with the newest driver, everything has been fairly nice so far. I'm using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 for playback of .iso Blu-Rays and web surfing and whatnot on it is amazing.

I have had some trouble getting a few games from Steam to work while under Windows 8.1. I suspect various nuances of my setup are causing issues. I'll be working through those in the coming days/weeks.
post #150 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

I got my replacement and it is the same thing. And you are right, 2 of the lines are aligned with the stand, then there are 2 more to the right and left of these initial lines. However, the 2 ones that are not aligned with the stand are not as noticeable on this newer set, but the two main ones are very visible. To me it is unacceptable to have these lines though. When playing games with a light backround as soon as the screen shifts, the lines are easily visible. This newer set has no flashlighting issues like the last.

I am not sure what to do now. The set is great, except for the lines. And trust me Neika, once you see them you are going to see them all the time and to me that is something that after spending $6,000.00, lines on the screen are not acceptable. I contacted Panasonic again to see what they say, but if you also have this issue, then to me it seems like this is how it is.

If you don't mind, would you go to facebook and look up Panasonic and post a message about the lines as well. At least this way they know it is not an isolated issue.

I haven't tried a huge variety of sources on mine, but I do believe I noticed a similar sort of line effect. It is so very slight, however, that I have to really stare at it and try to see it. On any normal image type (i.e. not a plan background), it's unnoticeable. At this point, I'm not at all considering an exchange for that purpose.

As far as flashlighting, I do see that to a degree, but only when the tv Is transitioning between modes... I have yet to actually notice it when there is any actual image on the screen.... blacks are practically pure black in space type scenes, so I'm very happy here. With more experience, maybe it will bother me... but so far, it has not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-L65WT600 4k Owner's Thread