I am looking for a Network Media Player that can do the following:
1. Playback BluRay rips (25-40 Mb/s bitrate) that use any of the h.264, mpeg-2 or vc-1 video codecs.
2. Playback BluRay rips with audio that uses any of the DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital or LPCM audio codecs.
3. Playback BluRay rips that contain PGS subtitles and if so, have a setting to have them on automatically.
4. Playback BluRay rips and output at 23.976 fps.
5. Playback BluRay rips stored on a NAS.
Basically, I have ripped my entire BluRay collection of ~400 BluRays and stored them two external Hard Drives connected to my iMac. On all of the BluRays I kept the video track and the highest quality audio track (most are DTS-HD MA). With each of the BluRays I also went to the trouble of making sure I had ripped any relevant forced subtitles tracks.
Currently I use the Plex Media Server and Client on my iMac to playback these ripped BluRay's. In the Plex Media Server I have set subtitles to always come on, so when I play a film which has any forced subtitles that I ripped, they play automatically. I am now looking for a Network Media Player that I can plug in to my TV/Amp in another room so that my Mum/Dad can enjoy my BluRay rips in their full quality. I have looked at the following devices which so far don't seem to fit my needs:
1. AppleTV - No PGS subtitle support, no HD audio support, only h.264 video codec support, only 30fps output support.
2. Roku 3 - No PGS subtitle support, no HD audio support, only h.264 video codec support.
3. WD Live TV - No HD audio support.
Ideally, I would also like the device to work with Plex and have a decent interface.
Any suggestions? All feedback appreciated.