or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Almost Human" on FOX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Almost Human" on FOX HD - Page 10

post #271 of 444
In watching this week's episode, it occurred to me that this was probably meant to air as episode 2 or 3. The old story line with the criminal cop and John's ex-girlfriend was heavily played on again, which we hadn't seen since episode one I believe. Even though the show has just be "meh" up to this point, this was probably my second favorite episode, with the pilot being the first.
post #272 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

In watching this week's episode, u it occurred to me that this was probably meant to air as episode 2 or 3. The old story line with the criminal cop and John's ex-girlfriend was heavily played on again, which we hadn't seen since episode one I believe. Even though the show has just be "meh" up to this point, this was probably my second favorite episode, with the pilot being the first.

Yes, it was the second episode, but apparently Fox learned nothing from Firefly...
post #273 of 444

Luckily (in my eyes though) the out of order thing hasn't really hurt the show.  I can tell it was out of order in a couple places based on how far the characters relationships have gone so far this season only to be pulled back to the beginning, but it's minor.  More importantly it hasn't hurt the ratings which have actually gone up since the holiday break.  It'll be interesting if it gets renewed or not.  Kinda looks like Fox may be taking a "cable" approach and have several shows with 13 episode seasons, thus they can put two shows in one timeslot each season and not have as many repeats.  I actually like the idea if it keeps shows I like (like Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human) on the air and doesn't require huge ratings to survive.  Heck, the days of big ratings are frankly over and the networks just need to get used to it.

post #274 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

At the beginning? That wasn't a mistake, they were referring to the bystander's plastic newspaper display device - "celo" cellophane? Cellulose display? - the bullet went through that.

Ahh, that would make sense. I was making lunch when I watched the episode, I guess my brain inserted a cello into the scene. Also doesn't help that "celo" isn't a familiar term.

They dropped "scrubbers" into this episode like everyone would know what it was too.

I thought they described the term early on in the segment.
post #275 of 444
I'm trying to catch up and I'm watching the Low battery (That time of the month) episode. LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW6ZXHWvaGc

"You heard Sandra, ROLL OUT!" AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh gawd I heart these androids. They gave them a sense of humor when not actually intending it. This is great. (or maybe I've seen too much Intelligence...)
Edited by Vipfreak - 1/21/14 at 1:26am
post #276 of 444
Tonight I watched the last 2 episodes and have to say this series continues to grow on me.

Karl Urban is pitch perfect as the straight laced, no nonsense cop.
However, the key to the series continues to be the humor.
Lots of LOL moments for a sci-fi.cool.gif
post #277 of 444
I'm enjoying this as well, especially the Dorian character and his development. He can be very funny as when he told Kennex that he liked him because he destroyed the other android cop who questioned him.
post #278 of 444
Gina Carano! Love the Machina feel.

Edit:

BEST EPISODE TO DATE.
Edited by Vipfreak - 2/4/14 at 2:11am
post #279 of 444
I hope that they are now going to have some better continuity as well as a continuing storyline. Best overall ep since the pilot.

Doug
post #280 of 444
I could watch an hour long program of nothing but Gina Carano in THAT outfit. eek.gif
post #281 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Gina Carano! Love the Machina feel.

Edit:

BEST EPISODE TO DATE.

^This. I enjoyed last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Wallen View Post

I hope that they are now going to have some better continuity as well as a continuing storyline. Best overall ep since the pilot.

Doug

^And this too. smile.gif
post #282 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I could watch an hour long program of nothing but Gina Carano in THAT outfit. eek.gif

Why they didn't pick her for the role of Wonder Women is beyond comprehension!

post #283 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

Why they didn't pick her for the role of Wonder Women is beyond comprehension!

Agreed! Granted, she isn't the best actress out there (Haywire, I'm looking at you), but she definitely has the look and the body unlike the woman they did choose.

Oh, and simply because it's worth another look.




That wasn't my favorite angle, but it was the best I could find.
post #284 of 444
As fond as I am of Gina Carano, we all know that she doesn't have the acting chops to pull of a major role like Wonder Woman. Putting her in that role would ruin the movie. Just think Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. Like Arnold, her current abilities make her suited to playing an Android.
post #285 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Like Arnold, her current abilities make her suited to playing an Android.
Even that is a stretch for her.

Was ANYONE surprised when the Doc disappeared?rolleyes.gif
post #286 of 444
Love Carano in Haywire. Her fighting style in that movie was wicked cool.
post #287 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


...Was ANYONE surprised when the Doc disappeared?rolleyes.gif

...or when they tossed in a dead zone and wall?
post #288 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Even that is a stretch for her.

Was ANYONE surprised when the Doc disappeared?rolleyes.gif
Not. At. All.
post #289 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

...or when they tossed in a dead zone and wall?
Really, where did that come from? Somebody must have found it on the floor under the writer's room table and said "crap, we were supposed to have this in back in Ep 2, better throw it in now, maybe no one will notice".
post #290 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Really, where did that come from? Somebody must have found it on the floor under the writer's room table and said "crap, we were supposed to have this in back in Ep 2, better throw it in now, maybe no one will notice".
+1

If it was mentioned before, it was only in passing.
This REALLY should have been established early on.
post #291 of 444
I was distracted from the show when the explanation of "The Wall" came about. Also, I was not recording the show. What is "The Wall" and beyond? Some sort of prison or dead zone?
post #292 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

I was distracted from the show when the explanation of "The Wall" came about. Also, I was not recording the show. What is "The Wall" and beyond? Some sort of prison or dead zone?




Oh wait, sorry, wrong show! tongue.gif
post #293 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1

If it was mentioned before, it was only in passing.
This REALLY should have been established early on.
It was probably another instance of shows being aired out of order.
post #294 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post



Agreed! Granted, she isn't the best actress out there (Haywire, I'm looking at you), but she definitely has the look and the body unlike the woman they did choose.

Oh, and simply because it's worth another look.




That wasn't my favorite angle, but it was the best I could find.
I must be the only one that thinks she has very mannish facial features, eh? I don't think got picked for Wonder Woman because of that and due to her rather novice acting abilities. As a fighter she was awesome, though.
post #295 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

I must be the only one that thinks she has very mannish facial features, eh?
No, you are not the only one.

Quote:
I don't think got picked for Wonder Woman because of that and due to her rather novice acting abilities.
Definitely wrong for the part.

Quote:
As a fighter she was awesome, though.
No question about that.
She absolutely would make me think twice before getting into the ring with her.wink.gif
post #296 of 444
Thread Starter 
This episode should have been written and aired much earlier in the run. Not only did we finally get some backstory on where all the androids suddenly appeared from but they introduced an element which gives the show potentially new angles. Pity they just dropped it in from out of nowhere.

Definitely the most interesting episode since the pilot but let down by some weak writing again. It would have been less predictable if John Laroquette had been a good guy and not the mad genius planning to build an army in the Cursed Earth all along. But at least the show has a Walternate to fight against now, instead of faceless goons and generic crimes.

When sending in the police to take down the most deadly android in history, it might be prudent to outfit them with the same body armor the XRN just stole. Or at the least have them use cover. And when you are told to stick the fake EMP device in the skull, don't stick it the neck before complaining that it didn't work Kennex!

Hopefully the Wall element ratchets things up a bit in the way the Redverse reveal did on Fringe. Next week is back to episode 4, so expect the character continuity to take another hit and another generic crime.

2/17/14 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-111) Disrupt
2/10/14 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-104) Perception
2/3/14 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-109) Unbound
1/18/14 (Sa.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-110) Simon Says (R)
1/13/14 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-102) You Are Here
1/11/14 (Sa.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-103) Arrhythmia (R)
1/6/14 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (HU-110) Simon Says
post #297 of 444
Suddenly this show got a whole lot more interesting, I hope they keep it up. Kennex is still way over the top though.
post #298 of 444
Damn that was a good episode! Except for the bizarre reference to the wall that came out of nowhere, loved it.
post #299 of 444
I am trying to figure out what a "chron" or "cron" is shortened from. At first I though they were saying "clone," but it was clear they were saying something else in reference to the genetically modified children and the female detective. Any ideas?

On edit: some form or shortening of "chromosome," perhaps? Maybe the term is "chrom" they are saying.
Edited by Distorted - 2/11/14 at 5:50am
post #300 of 444
Yes it is "chrome" .. genetically-enhanced - or "chrome" - children.there was one reference a few eps back that det. Stahl had rich parrents had paid for invitro good looks gene.

Sent from a phone...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Almost Human" on FOX HD