or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Northeast Loudspeaker GTG 'HT Heavyweights' January 18th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Northeast Loudspeaker GTG 'HT Heavyweights' January 18th - Page 29

post #841 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Thanks

I almost went the opposite way. Considered 228's for L and R and 212 for the center. Not sure if that would be a benefit. I have enough room for the center but not L and R 212's, bought too wide of a screen....
You will have instant love for the 228's.
post #842 of 1057
Thread Starter 
Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif
post #843 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif

Jaw drops...

post #844 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif

What are those??
post #845 of 1057
you need to somehow tie auf sprach zarathustra to that image and fade into it from black (think 2001 a space odyssey)

those are Chopshops DIY SEOS monsters using the SEOS 24 and 4 AE TD15s
post #846 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif

In the words of Sean Connery, "Sheeeeeeeshus"!
post #847 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif

Meh. Probably would do ok for surround duty...nothing more smile.gif
post #848 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:



biggrin.gif
Wowsers that's a beautiful sight!! Props to all you guys puttin in the work. I wish everyone a safe trip who is traveling.
post #849 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Meh. Probably would do ok for surround duty...nothing more smile.gif

I was thinking the same thing but it would need to be a pretty sturdy wall mount. smile.gif
post #850 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I may call Jeff and run it by him. It could save me money in the long run as I will have an AT screen at some point and could then just move the 2 228's to surround duty and buy 2 more 212's for L/R

--sorry to get off track.

Right, you can't go wrong with the 212 either way. At the very least, it'll give you the chance to compare the 228 vs the 212 and like you said, there's always the parth to upgrade later... biggrin.gif
post #851 of 1057
Jake, they are just SICK! I cannot wait to hear them with some serious juice!

Edited by Reefdvr27 - 1/17/14 at 5:04pm
post #852 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

What are those??

Here you go

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1457166/s-e-o-s-r-mega-build
post #853 of 1057
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Jake, they are just SICK! I cannot wait to hear them with some serious juice!

Wait until you see the stack of amps to power them, heh. wink.gif
post #854 of 1057
They're simply
incredible
post #855 of 1057
One huge waveguide
post #856 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

Right, you can't go wrong with the 212 either way. At the very least, it'll give you the chance to compare the 228 vs the 212 and like you said, there's always the parth to upgrade later... biggrin.gif

Talked to Jeff, he said I should stick with the 228's as LCR.
post #857 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Agree, the only way you will see one is if the person hosting it has a triax!

Are the Noesis the only JTR speakers you are taking? I thought I saw something about other JTR speakers you have lying around.

You have 212's right? Will there be 228's there too? I just ordered LCR's of these early this week.

That's what they said about the SEOSR 4 months ago too biggrin.gif
post #858 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

That's what they said about the SEOSR 4 months ago too biggrin.gif

Well, if you are crazy enough to build those then you are probably crazy enough to pack them up and take them to a GTG!!

I mean that in a good way of course!!
post #859 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrischuk View Post

Just left the Gorilla theater. My god no wonder there is only room for 15...

We are gonna be in for a treat.

At this point I think it's more like a 'lair' then a theater... tongue.gif
post #860 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Well, if you are crazy enough to build those then you are probably crazy enough to pack them up and take them to a GTG!!

I mean that in a good way of course!!

You sir...are correct on both counts biggrin.gif
post #861 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Bookshelfs:


We are gonna die...
post #862 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

you need to somehow tie auf sprach zarathustra to that image and fade into it from black (think 2001 a space odyssey)

OK, I'll ask; WTF is auf sprach zarathustra?
post #863 of 1057
post #864 of 1057
What time are people leaving the Hampton Inn in the morning? If you have a ride do you have room for another? biggrin.gif

-- Bill --
post #865 of 1057
Bill, you are more than welcome with Matt and I. Andrew just may make you hide ur eyes while we setup for the blind runs biggrin.gif

Leaving by 715 and Meeting in the lobby if you'd like to grab a ride with us
post #866 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Bill, you are more than welcome with Matt and I. Andrew just may make you hide ur eyes while we setup for the blind runs biggrin.gif

Leaving by 715 and Meeting in the lobby if you'd like to grab a ride with us

Will see you in the lobby - THANKS !!!

-- Bill --
post #867 of 1057
If anyone needs a ride in I will pick up. Need a when and where.
post #868 of 1057
Anybody want to to go out for breakfast tomorrow morning? Suggesting Hanks Place a few miles up rt 1. Andrew Wyeth ate there frequently.

It's a quaint little place with awesome breakfast.
post #869 of 1057
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Jake, they are just SICK! I cannot wait to hear them with some serious juice!

Thanks!! Keep in mind guys, they should sound good but the cabs are "prototype" and all beat up... For listening purposes only
post #870 of 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

Thanks
Thanks!! Keep in mind guys, they should sound good but the cabs are "prototype" and all beat up... For listening purposes only

OFF ROAD USE ONLY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Northeast Loudspeaker GTG 'HT Heavyweights' January 18th