12/6/13 - There aren't enough fielded units yet to say anything definitive on several "hot topics"... Amazon JUST got a few units in stock. So, here's my take from a distance, informed only by User-1 conversations and testing:
1. NetTV - User-1 was not connected to the internet when he opened the NetTV menu for his pic. He didn't see anything there to add channels, but nothing new since then. Essentially, User-1 has never used streaming services before, so he prob. won't be able to help there.
2. PC - See notes on Linux OS, etc. towards the end of Post #2. I've also asked in several posts for a Linux expert to help, but no tips or advice so far.
3. Editing - Nothing definitive so far, like on the other hot topics, but neither I nor User-1 see nothing in the Title List menu, where such a function might be.
4. Line inputs - There are no line inputs, only coax and USB (for SW/FW updates, according to manual).
5. Line outputs - There are only HDMI and YWR RCA outputs. User-1 successfully copied titles from his 5710 to a Mag 535 DVDR. At first there was no simultaneous video output from HDMI and the Yellow RCA, just audio, so he pulled the HDMI and Yellow output started. Subsequently found that manual states no RCA video (Yellow) output with HDMI connected if HDMI setting is "Auto" or "1080p" so it just takes a menu change to get simultaneous HDMI/Yellow-RCA output instead of pulling the HDMI cable.
Note: The "rough" manual User-1 made for us came from the slick pub he got with his unit. so it's apparently a "finished" product, but it leaves out so much important stuff it's unbelievable! I wouldn't use it to decide what these units do or don't do. Besides, Funai has a history of being wrong even on things they include in their manuals...and they refuse to change the erroneous information when informed (repeatedly)... it took 7 generations of their SD DVDRs to correct the erroneous instruction on finding the Initial Setup menu, which caused many problems and returns.
Edited by wajo - 12/10/13 at 8:15am