or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Wife get's what she wants. I'm gonna get what I want. That's for damn sure!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wife get's what she wants. I'm gonna get what I want. That's for damn sure! - Page 2

post #31 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Dual Rythmik FV15HPs. Up-front cost is greater than $2,700, but you'll come out ahead once you sell your current subs. smile.gif
dual FV15HP's are 2574.00 shipped. wink.gif
post #32 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

dual FV15HP's are 2574.00 shipped. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

dual FV15HP's are 2574.00 shipped. wink.gif
They currently out of stock till mid November. Was just gonna put it on my credit card. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait.
post #33 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post


They currently out of stock till mid November. Was just gonna put it on my credit card. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait.

Piano black is in stock for 2978.00 shipped but imo thats too much. I would wait for black oak.
post #34 of 100
They are worth the wait!
post #35 of 100
Quote:
dual FV15HP's are 2574.00 shipped. wink.gif
I stand corrected. smile.gif
post #36 of 100
Nobody here has any love for the F25? A pair of them are less money than the FV15HPs, and play nearly as loud. I love mine!

Just a suggestion!
post #37 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by willscary View Post

Nobody here has any love for the F25? A pair of them are less money than the FV15HPs, and play nearly as loud. I love mine!

Just a suggestion!

No they are not...lay off the bath salts bud. tongue.gif

Dual F25's are 2882.00 shipped. According to my math the FV15HP's are 308.00 less money. However yes the F25's are sweet too.
post #38 of 100
Quote:
Wife get's what she wants. I'm gonna get what I want. That's for damn sure!

Your marriage is a competition?
post #39 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

No they are not...lay off the bath salts bud. tongue.gif

Dual F25's are 2882.00 shipped. According to my math the FV15HP's are 308.00 less money. However yes the F25's are sweet too.

OOPs! You are correct. For some reason I thought that the FV15HPs were a few $ more than the F25s (which are on sale for $100 off). My bad!

Still, love the F25s!
post #40 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post

$2700 Christian Dior leather purse.

What?  I thought you would reply with something like $500.  No wonder you're so mad. Yep, dual FV15HPs makes total sense now. 

post #41 of 100
What size is your room, joe801? If your room is not very large, the dual F15HPs might be another option to consider, which will go deeper in ULF extension than the FV15HPs. Do you feel like you need more max SPL than the LFM-1 EXs? Or are you looking for better ULF extension and better SQ?
post #42 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Dual F25's are 2882.00 shipped.

Price not the consideration, which would you rather go, dual F25s or dual XS30s?

(I'm a bit choice limited due to room aesthetics so, based on our past interchanges, my question is a curiosity question to help me decide between Rythmik and PSA. Currently due to Rythmik's "Direct Servo," the lean is towards Rythmik but in truth, I'm not sure I'm critical enough of a listener to take benefit of Direct Servo but I definitely would appreciate the depths the XS30 are capable of. What say you?)

Anybody is welcome to jump in with insight.
post #43 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Price not the consideration, which would you rather go, dual F25s or dual XS30s?

(I'm a bit choice limited due to room aesthetics so, based on our past interchanges, my question is a curiosity question to help me decide between Rythmik and PSA. Currently due to Rythmik's "Direct Servo," the lean is towards Rythmik but in truth, I'm not sure I'm critical enough of a listener to take benefit of Direct Servo. What say you?)

I like the dual opposed config and warranty of the XS30, but I love the looks and servo on the F25. If Rythmik had a 5yr warranty I would say its a no brainer. So that being said imo its a toss up. I think both would meet your expectations and really it would boild down to budget...the XS30 is ALOT of sub for 1149.99 shipped.
post #44 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

What size is your room, joe801? If your room is not very large, the dual F15HPs might be another option to consider, which will go deeper in ULF extension than the FV15HPs. Do you feel like you need more max SPL than the LFM-1 EXs? Or are you looking for better ULF extension and better SQ?
I'm not exactly sure. I just put a half bathroom in the room. And a mini bar/kitchen. But if i was to guess 18ftx25ft with 9ft ceiling for the entire room. Better extension and sq for sure.
post #45 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post

I'm not exactly sure. I just put a half bathroom in the room. And a mini bar/kitchen. But if i was to guess 18ftx25ft with 9ft ceiling for the entire room. Better extension and sq for sure.

Definately go with the FV15HP's.
post #46 of 100
Thread Starter 
What about the xs30 that BeemMan mentioned? is this also comparable to the fv15hp? Anywhere from $1000-1500 of it is coming out of my pocket. I really have to tell myself this is it. This is the last and final upgrade.
post #47 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

So that being said imo its a toss up.

...eek.gif

Well, at least we solved that dilemma. tongue.gif

How much benefit do you think my ears will reap, using Direct Servo technology and dialing the system in using DSP built into the Rythmik Amp?

(the two combinations being looked at; Rythmik F25 and a E15HP or a XS30 and a XS15.)

I'm close to doing some additional experimental position readings with the current three subs to see how the room acoustics interact with the output created using a new subwoofer configuration.
post #48 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joroom View Post

What about the xs30 that BeemMan mentioned? is this also comparable to the fv15hp? Anywhere from $1000-1500 of it is cwould out of my pocket. I really have to tell myself this is it. This is the last and final upgrade.

With your size room (4050^3)going ported will be the most benificial imo. you are not going to get alot of room gain that a sealed sub needs to lift the low end extension. The FV15HP will get you solid 10hz extension. The XS30 is sealed so I would not recomend it for your application unless you are talking about 3-4 of them.
post #49 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Your marriage is a competition?

WAF did not work for me - I am now Divorced
post #50 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

...eek.gif

Well, at least we solved that dilemma. tongue.gif

How much benefit do you think my ears will reap, using Direct Servo technology and dialing the system in using DSP built into the Rythmik Amp?

(the two combinations being looked at; Rythmik F25 and a E15HP or a XS30 and a XS15.)

I'm close to doing some additional experimental position readings with the current three subs to see how the room acoustics interact with the output created using a new subwoofer configuration.

I have only herd other brand servo subs such as kenwood and paradigm...imo it only makes a difference when pushing the subs limits. Servo does a better job of controlling the cone so you can squeek a few extra clean db's out of the sub. I also think that sealed subs would be even less of a difference compared to ported. At your listening levels I dont think you will notice a huge difference. If you constantly listen to or above reference I would weigh heavier towards Rythmik.
post #51 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Definately go with the FV15HP's.

No doubt. That's a big room smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

With your size room (4050^3)going ported will be the most benificial imo. you are not going to get alot of room gain that a sealed sub needs to lift the low end extension. The FV15HP will get you solid 10hz extension. The XS30 is sealed so I would not recomend it for your application unless you are talking about 3-4 of them.

+1
post #52 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

At your listening levels I dont think you will notice a huge difference.

That shifts me towards the XV30f and a XV15, Would I miss not getting the lower 5Hz? The XS30 going down to <11Hz and the XV30f going down to <16Hz.
post #53 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

That shifts me towards the XV30f and a XV15, Would I miss not getting the lower 5Hz? The XS30 going down to <11Hz and the XV30f going down to <16Hz.

If you don't get usable output at 11hz, it's a moot question.
post #54 of 100
From posted user graphs, it seems the XS30 is capable of usable <11Hz. It would be a much easier choice if PSA made a XS30f.
post #55 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

If you don't get usable output at 11hz, it's a moot question.

Bingo! This is why I ask folks with sealed subs to post some max spl rew sweeps so we can actually what kind of output they are getting, of course nobody ever does. I would much rather have a sub system that will play reference down to 15-16hz then a subs system that will extend down to 7hz but will not play reference below 20hz. I think this is what folks fail to realize when they consistently recomend sealed subs. yes sealed subs will dig lower then ported, but in order to match the output or pull ahead at the ported subs tune, you need 2-3 as many sealed units of the same caliber.
post #56 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Bingo! This is why I ask folks with sealed subs to post some max spl rew sweeps so we can actually what kind of output they are getting, of course nobody ever does. I would much rather have a sub system that will play reference down to 15-16hz then a subs system that will extend down to 7hz but will not play reference below 20hz. I think this is what folks fail to realize when they consistently recomend sealed subs. yes sealed subs will dig lower then ported, but in order to match the output or pull ahead at the ported subs tune, you need 2-3 as many sealed units of the same caliber.

Well, and in ~ 4,000 cubic feet with the amount of rolloff the XS30, just doesn't seem even worth guessing that the output would be there. Then when you factor in the excellent reputation of the FV15HP servo driver technology for SQ, I agree. I think it's a no brainer.
post #57 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Bingo! This is why I ask folks with sealed subs to post some max spl rew sweeps so we can actually what kind of output they are getting, of course nobody ever does. I would much rather have a sub system that will play reference down to 15-16hz then a subs system that will extend down to 7hz but will not play reference below 20hz. I think this is what folks fail to realize when they consistently recomend sealed subs. yes sealed subs will dig lower then ported, but in order to match the output or pull ahead at the ported subs tune, you need 2-3 as many sealed units of the same caliber.

I'm confused as it's understood, with room gain, the XS30 is usable at <11Hz and a pair, my understanding will easily do reference at that level in a 3,300^3 room. confused.gif

Basshead81, I know you've said but could you state again, how low you get with your three XV15s as I think you posted that you were knocking out 130dB.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 11/7/13 at 10:18am
post #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post

$2700 Christian Dior leather purse.


I would order a triax then!!
post #59 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I would order a triax then!!

Tell her she can put the purse on the Triax and you can sell the babies. tongue.gif
post #60 of 100
According to this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488059/your-home-theater-ulf-score

a XS30 has a .7 si @ 16hz. So 2 XS30's would have a si of 1.4. 3300 ÷ 1.4 = a ulf score of 2357, which will not have reference level output (2.5 star)below 20hz but will have useable extension down to 7- 10hz.

a XV15 has a 1.0 si @ 16hz. So 3 XV15's would have a si of 3.0. 3300 ÷ 3.0 = a ulf score of 1100, which will have reference level output (4star) down to 16hz, but not much useable extension below 12-14hz.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Wife get's what she wants. I'm gonna get what I want. That's for damn sure!