Made some serious progress with the fabric frames. Friday afternoon the FedEx man was kind enough to deliver my fabric.
Bright and early Saturday morning I began building the frames. Before I started, I decided I wanted to change the profile of my frames just a bit. Instead of a plain jane rounded edge on the frame, I decided I wanted the bend or curve to tighter as it dipped into the wall. So in the 11 degree temps I grabbed my router and made more sawdust in the driveway to get the desired edge on the frames.
With all the frames built, I began stretching fabric over them. First frame complete.... 19 more to go.
On the corners, I folded and pulled the extra fabric up and behind the frames to hide the access out of sight.
As the panels moved away from the screen wall, I did mount OC703 for absorption on the wall. The sides walls are 25% covered in absorption. Ignore the patch work OC703. This was the last place I was putting the absorption and I wanted to use some leftover pieces.
With the fabric all stretched, I began installing the panels on the wall.
I install junction box extenders in each of the outlets to allow the outlets to sit flush with the fabric.
First wall complete.
Saturday late afternoon I made a trip up to Cedar Falls and picked up another pair of Paradigm speakers from Hawkeye Audio. Just for fun, I decided to install the right side surround speaker. Tweeter is mounted just above ear level.
So far I have gone through over 1,300 staples. Fingers are a bit tender from stretching all that fabric and my knees I am sure will not be happy tomorrow after crawling around all day. But with all this progress, I am happy to endure the pain. The other wall is 70% complete and should be done by the end of this week. I still need to decided how I am going to finish the rear wall. I've give thought to some sort of texted wall paper, more fabric panels, 3D wall panels, barn wood panels.... I'm not sure what I will do yet, but I am about to the point I must decide.Edited by deewan - 1/27/14 at 9:09am