People suggested the JVC RS-45 or RS-46 for 2D, and a Benq or Optoma projector for 3D ..
Problem is, I can't decide which projector to get for its performance in 3D ..
There are some obvious choices, such as:
You are free to recommend some other projector too, for its awesome 3D ..
Thing is, I can't decide properly which one to get. They are roughly in the same price range, so money is not an issue ..
Here is some criteria I've determined to help decide:
- Needs to be as awesome as possible in 3D !
- 3D has some good popping effects (like those in cinemas) ..
- No (or negligible) crosstalk in 3D ..
- No (or very low chance of) rainbows (for DLP only) ..
- Would be nice to have an option to zoom a 3D cinemascope movie to fill 16:9 screen (I don't mind the sides being cropped out) (for 3D and 2D video)..
- Visually good/bright 3D for both completely dark (for movies) and lighted rooms (when playing video games)
- Should have low/acceptable gaming lag, since I occasionally do game online (FPS, etc ..)
- Would be nice to have some vertical/horizontal lens shift (installing 2 projectors side be side will require some offset) ..
- Would be nice if its in black (since my room has a black theme, and JVC RS-46 is black too)
- A low lamp cost would be awesome ..
- Would like to avoid DLP Link if possible, as its not generally appreciated ..
My screen size would be about 115" or so, and the throw distance would be able 15' I think .. Room is light controlled (some light might leak in from under the door, etc), but I play video games with the lights on normally ..
So which one guys ?
Edited by ahmadka - 11/17/13 at 6:38am