or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › **Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 1339
Wehre do I find the settings?
post #32 of 1339
whats this about a free hard drive of 4k content? just got my 55 and would LOVE some 4k goodness to view.
post #33 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post

whats this about a free hard drive of 4k content? just got my 55 and would LOVE some 4k goodness to view.

The details on that are in the anticipation thread. Here's the link: http://4kmovies.samsungrebate.com.

post #34 of 1339
i just registered but didnt see anything about the harddrive. will there be a follow up email?
post #35 of 1339

Samsung's site has a wealth of information that simply isn't in the manual. Their user manual is more like a quick setup guide given the lack of detail on the ton of features on this set.

 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN65F9000AFXZA

post #36 of 1339
Yeah where can I find cnets settings ??
post #37 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

I actually got the 65 for less than the 55 so I jumped on it before they changed their mind. So far I love it. Hd cable feed and bluray look great. Avatar 3d steals the show.... Looks insane. I do wish I could get some 4k demo stuff thou.

How did you get such a deal?
post #38 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbboy View Post

Yeah where can I find cnets settings ??

They are in this thread on page 1. Highly recommend you try then
post #39 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgolgiman View Post

How did you get such a deal?

Right place and time it seems. Visions wanted to sell one, I was wanting to buy one, it was like 30 mins to closing, manager stepped in. All the cards came together to get a 65 for $4300 plus tax
post #40 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

They are in this thread on page 1. Highly recommend you try then

Thanks! Did you use the settings also for tv or only for movies like blu-ray?
post #41 of 1339
Used them for both HDMI 1- TV and HDMI 3- Home Theater
post #42 of 1339
I just watched The Hobbit in 3D on my new UN55F9000! Except, The Hobbit was not the 3D version and I was not wearing any 3D glasses. I'm just telling you what I saw.

I am a little irritated at Sammy that I cannot get it to recognize my puter for purposes of a Game Mode bypass of Sammy's processing. Simply not an available option when connected to puter's Nvdia GFX 660 by Hdmi... so the mouse lag was too much to bear, so I resolved for it to become my Movies/Sports Tv.

Having said that, the upscaling algorithm and the ultra micro dimming produce a pretty awesome sense of depth of field that simply doesn't exist on a 1080 set, and it made me think I was watching 3D...I was very impressed by the upscaling. Very impressed....I'm not at all sure why a lot of people are so down on Samsung upscaling?

I watched a 480 version of Super Bowl 24 from a USB Drive. Joe Montana destroying the Broncos looks great in Standard, HD and now in UHD format.
post #43 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post

I just watched The Hobbit in 3D on my new UN55F9000! Except, The Hobbit was not the 3D version and I was not wearing any 3D glasses. I'm just telling you what I saw.

I am a little irritated at Sammy that I cannot get it to recognize my puter for purposes of a Game Mode bypass of Sammy's processing. Simply not an available option when connected to puter's Nvdia GFX 660 by Hdmi... so the mouse lag was too much to bear, so I resolved for it to become my Movies/Sports Tv.

Having said that, the upscaling algorithm and the ultra micro dimming produce a pretty awesome sense of depth of field that simply doesn't exist on a 1080 set, and it made me think I was watching 3D...I was very impressed by the upscaling. Very impressed....I'm not at all sure why a lot of people are so down on Samsung upscaling?

I watched a 480 version of Super Bowl 24 from a USB Drive. Joe Montana destroying the Broncos looks great in Standard, HD and now in UHD format.

If you watch a true 3d bluray, ex the hobbit 3d, the un65f9000 will automatically up convert it to UHD. I through in avatar 3d, and man it did look amazing. Until true 4k content comes out, 3d bluray is the best to show off your new tv
post #44 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

If you watch a true 3d bluray, ex the hobbit 3d, the un65f9000 will automatically up convert it to UHD. I through in avatar 3d, and man it did look amazing. Until true 4k content comes out, 3d bluray is the best to show off your new tv

Can you guys post some pics of the tv's playing content. I would love to see some Hobbit and sports pics.
post #45 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post

I just watched The Hobbit in 3D on my new UN55F9000! Except, The Hobbit was not the 3D version and I was not wearing any 3D glasses. I'm just telling you what I saw.

I am a little irritated at Sammy that I cannot get it to recognize my puter for purposes of a Game Mode bypass of Sammy's processing. Simply not an available option when connected to puter's Nvdia GFX 660 by Hdmi... so the mouse lag was too much to bear, so I resolved for it to become my Movies/Sports Tv.

Having said that, the upscaling algorithm and the ultra micro dimming produce a pretty awesome sense of depth of field that simply doesn't exist on a 1080 set, and it made me think I was watching 3D...I was very impressed by the upscaling. Very impressed....I'm not at all sure why a lot of people are so down on Samsung upscaling?

I watched a 480 version of Super Bowl 24 from a USB Drive. Joe Montana destroying the Broncos looks great in Standard, HD and now in UHD format.

Rename your HDMI port to PC seem to make PC input look much better.
post #46 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

They are in this thread on page 1. Highly recommend you try then

You recommend it for gaming as well?
post #47 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbboy View Post

You recommend it for gaming as well?

I used then for bf4 on the ps4, looked pretty good to me.
post #48 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by goller500 View Post

Rename your HDMI port to PC seem to make PC input look much better.

On the one connect hdmi 2 is designed for dvi computer signals, try that one too
post #49 of 1339

I recently bought the UN65F9000. I was wondering if anybody has a HTPC connected up to it? 3840x2160@24 or 30hz should work and should be feasible for film content. I had to order a new GPU for my machine since the old one didn't support this resolution. I'll post back once I get the new card and can test it for myself.

post #50 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrinne View Post

I recently bought the UN65F9000. I was wondering if anybody has a HTPC connected up to it? 3840x2160@24 or 30hz should work and should be feasible for film content. I had to order a new GPU for my machine since the old one didn't support this resolution. I'll post back once I get the new card and can test it for myself.

Yes i have a HTPC attached to a UA65F9000 but have it running at 1080, as there isn't much use running at 4k yet given the lack of content. As AccordTR suggested, run the HTPC on hdmi 2 as this will give the best results on anything by native resolution. I have briefly run the PC at 3840x2160 to see if it worked and it did and looked very good.
post #51 of 1339

Yeah the lack of content is a problem. My main idea is that I want to try upscaling 1080p with MadVR, heard some people claim to get impressive results with it. And of course it would be nice to see SOME 4k stuff :)

post #52 of 1339

hello new owner of the 55f9000. have a few questions on this set . calibration should be done when ?? any place or anyone can recommend a good calibrator? also should i leave the stock settings or wait this break in period. I'm already loving the picture of this tv. but coming from an old bravia model which ran it's course. i guess anything would of done the trick, but you know samsung they sold me on this set and had my head rip off by wife . ha 

post #53 of 1339
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by northdub View Post

hello new owner of the 55f9000. have a few questions on this set . calibration should be done when ?? any place or anyone can recommend a good calibrator? also should i leave the stock settings or wait this break in period. I'm already loving the picture of this tv. but coming from an old bravia model which ran it's course. i guess anything would of done the trick, but you know samsung they sold me on this set and had my head rip off by wife . ha 

In my opinion the cnet settings on page 1 are excellent. I just turned up the backlight 2 extra, as I found it a tad dark
post #54 of 1339

yeah i tried it and thanks to cnet !!! great job loving the picture

post #55 of 1339
Just got ours today, LOVE IT... HBO and other premium cable channels look almost as good as blu ray in my opinion due to the upscaler. Only gripe is that I am having issues with my laptop connecting via displayport > HDMI, I think I messed up some setting on my computer and now I have no option to use multiple displays on anything but wireless display ugh...

But anyway, I have only noticed an insignificant amount of clouding/flashlighting, much less than we are used to on the previous UN55D8000.

Tried a little PS4 earlier as well, Need for Speed Rivals looked awesome and not affected by lag (no game mode enabled).

It seems some of the apps in Smart Hub only output audio via TV such as HBO Go, I went to play something and silence.... Over to YouTube app, sound works. It's definitely the app.
post #56 of 1339

I'm coming from an es8000 which this series was plagued with panel problems, so this new tv is a blessing! Samsung also is the ONLY 4k manufacture that has upgrade-ability with the one connect box.ttHh8k

post #57 of 1339
Hi guys, I'm interested in this TV. How are the black levels? I know Samsung states it uses their best possible dimming solution, but how is it with real world content.? How is the upscaler compared to Sony's? How are the viewing angles?
post #58 of 1339
Black levels seem to be pretty good, but this is out of box basically. Plugged in cnet settings until I get this calibrated. I can't directly compare to Sony, previous reviews pint out the different methods being used for upscaling. Viewing angle is holding up well for a led.
post #59 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by patipai View Post

Hi guys, I'm interested in this TV. How are the black levels? I know Samsung states it uses their best possible dimming solution, but how is it with real world content.? How is the upscaler compared to Sony's? How are the viewing angles?

Blacks are great, almost to the level of a top tier plasma. IMO this is the inky'est blacks to date on a LCD
post #60 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post

Blacks are great, almost to the level of a top tier plasma. IMO this is the inky'est blacks to date on a LCD


Even better the Sharp Elite?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › **Official** Samsung 4K UN55F9000, UN65F9000, and UN85S9 Thread