or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Recommendation for OTA antenna with HDMI out for XBONE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommendation for OTA antenna with HDMI out for XBONE?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone

like many here I just got the XBONE yesterday. Loving it so far, but one of the reasons I purchased it was to try the live TV control through HDMI and I realize I may not have the correct hardware.

First off, I only use OTA TV, not cable. Currently I have a regular antenna which obviously I can't plug into my XBOX. I was thinking of trying to use an HD Homerun I have (using the Ethernet port or something) but apparently it's not supported either.

Finally, I could route everything through my HTPC using WMC but the XBOX can't control my HTPC that well (XBMC etc) so I'd rather keep both on separate HDMI inputs.

So what I really need is an HDTV antenna with an HDMI output so that I can plug it into my XBOX and get a tv signal.

Can someone recommend one?

Thanks!
post #2 of 7
Your going to need one more thing, a HDTV receiver/tuner with HDMI output. You plug the antenna into the receiver/tuner and the receiver/tuner into the XBone HDMI input.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalbers View Post

Your going to need one more thing, a HDTV receiver/tuner with HDMI output. You plug the antenna into the receiver/tuner and the receiver/tuner into the XBone HDMI input.

Thanks. Can you recommend one thats not crazy expensive?smile.gif
post #4 of 7
You would want to get one that you are sure is supported by the XBone so that the IR codes work. You are looking for something like this but like I said, it's important do set what MS supports with IR codes. I haven't seen that list anywhere yet.
http://www.amazon.com/iView-3500STB-DTV-Converter-Box/dp/B00BFIJQ10/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_2_0KJW#productDetails

They are talking about them in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1300997/any-recommendations-for-a-cheapish-ota-hd-tuner-with-hdmi-out
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalbers View Post

You would want to get one that you are sure is supported by the XBone so that the IR codes work. You are looking for something like this but like I said, it's important do set what MS supports with IR codes. I haven't seen that list anywhere yet.
http://www.amazon.com/iView-3500STB-DTV-Converter-Box/dp/B00BFIJQ10/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_2_0KJW#productDetails

They are talking about them in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1300997/any-recommendations-for-a-cheapish-ota-hd-tuner-with-hdmi-out

Thanks a bunch
post #6 of 7
FWIW: Someone in the XBone forum's are saying that the IR codes are in XBone for this one and it's working with voice command:
http://www.amazon.com/HomeWorx-HW-150PVR-Converter-Recording-Function/dp/B00CXAE92K
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalbers View Post

FWIW: Someone in the XBone forum's are saying that the IR codes are in XBone for this one and it's working with voice command:
http://www.amazon.com/HomeWorx-HW-150PVR-Converter-Recording-Function/dp/B00CXAE92K

Thanks. Just ordered one no amazon. Will try it and report back here for those who are in my situation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Recommendation for OTA antenna with HDMI out for XBONE?