I'm looking for suggestions on recessed screen options for our living room. I'm currently using a 110" laminate screen but I'm renovating and changing around the layout of my room...so time for an upgrade. The room is gutted at the moment so I have options on what and how to install.
- 24' x 13'
- seating would be at 24'
- projector would be mounted 15' from the screen, projecting on the 13' wall
- 150" screen has to be recessed as it will cover one entrance to the room when lowered
- Lots of light in the room but the screen will be mainly used at night when it won't matter (TV will be mounted on the wall behind the screen for daytime use)
| Proj |
| Seating |
Purchasing a Epson 5030UB or Panasonic AE8000
Will likely have to go with ceiling speakers as the left side of the screen will be covering the entrance (not ideal but I want a big screen...)
1) Recessed screen or ceiling mount screen mounted on the floor joists with a slit in the drywall for the screen - can a clean recessed look be achieved without a recessed screen?
2) I've been looking at the Monoprice/Grandview, Vutec, and Elite recessed and non-recessed screens. Are there others I should consider (tab-tensioned is a must-have)?
3) Any other general thoughts on the setup that I should be thinking about?
Thanks in advance