or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2014 Formula 1 in HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 23

post #661 of 3058
I guess the official unveiling is next week(?).
If you hear anything official, lemme know....I'm dying to hear.wink.gif
post #662 of 3058
I'll wait for the new Supra.
http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2015-toyota-supra-specs-price/
post #663 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I'll wait for the new Supra.
http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2015-toyota-supra-specs-price/

I will hope (but probably not) the prices will be $40K to $50K, but I want a turbo version of the car!
post #664 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I will hope (but probably not) the prices will be $40K to $50K, but I want a turbo version of the car!
Turbo and a convertible are almost certain to be available at some point.
post #665 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I will hope (but probably not) the prices will be $40K to $50K, but I want a turbo version of the car!
Is that a concept or the final design work of the car?
post #666 of 3058
The truth comes out:
http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9105075/Vettel-dominance-prompted-change

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone admitted that Sebastian Vettel's dominant 2013 season was the reason behind the idea of awarding double points for the final race of the season.

Vettel had wrapped up the Drivers' Championship last year with three races left on the calendar, which made the rest of the season "a non-championship," according to the 83-year-old Ecclestone.

The decision to award double points for the last race of the 2014 season was made in December after a vote by the F1 Strategy Group - a body with several members each carrying equal voting power, including the sport's six leading teams, the FIA and the F1 Management.

"The people that were against it were some of the teams," Ecclestone continued, before adding that the critics "don't know why it's a bad idea. They have no idea why.

"If the last three races were double points the teams would say, 'Let's see about this,'" he said. "If [Ferrari driver Fernando] Alonso wins two out of the three, then even if Sebastian is second, the championship is still going to run until the end."

Ecclestone added that he wanted to award double points to the last three races instead, but that idea "didn't go through", although he acknowledged that the "idea is to move it to three races maybe before 2015."

It came as no surprise that Vettel told the German media recently that he feels the idea is "absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season," while Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo said that the idea "looks too much artificial."

Had double points been awarded in previous years, Fernando Alonso would have been crowned World Champion in 2012, while Felipe Massa would have finished ahead of Lewis Hamilton in 2008.

Nevertheless, the double points plan could still be discarded before the start of the 2014 season if the FIA and the six teams vote against it during the next Strategy Group meeting later this month.
post #667 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Is that a concept or the final design work of the car?

I would say it is a concept but I am happy Toyota is going to develop a fun car again. IIRC think they are working with BMW on this project.

As a rotary fan I am hoping Mazda resurrects the rx7 in 2017. But I'm not holding my breath.
post #668 of 3058
They just quit making the RX-8. Unlikely they would bring it back very soon.
post #669 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

They just quit making the RX-8. Unlikely they would bring it back very soon.
mazda has been working on a rotary engine designated 16X, dunno if they are moving forward but one could hope. I like the Rx8 but it was no FD Rx7. I think one of the most awesome engine noises is the 787B 4 rotor LeMans car! That thing just sounds wicked and hearing it in real life was awesome!
post #670 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I would say it is a concept but I am happy Toyota is going to develop a fun car again. IIRC think they are working with BMW on this project.

As a rotary fan I am hoping Mazda resurrects the rx7 in 2017. But I'm not holding my breath.
I am also a rotary fan. The last Gen RX7 was great car and the RX8 is also a gem. My friend in Val.has anRX 8 and and I got to do a few laps at VIR in it,he corner works on weekends and got to do a track day on the full course. What a blast.
post #671 of 3058
Oh,BTW,the best sounding racecar is also a rotary,the awesome 4 rotor 787B.
post #672 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

I am also a rotary fan. The last Gen RX7 was great car and the RX8 is also a gem. My friend in Val.has anRX 8 and and I got to do a few laps at VIR in it,he corner works on weekends and got to do a track day on the full course. What a blast.

No doubt the handling of the 8 was awesome! My mom owned one and I wish she kept it! I still to this day want to own an FD Rx7, I owned an '85 GSL-SE and that car was more fun than my Z! I loved it when my 7 use to backfire whenever I down shifted, it kept tailgaters away ha!
post #673 of 3058
Back in the 80s the RX7 was one of my favorites too. Never owned one just liked them.
post #674 of 3058
Man,I haven't had a"fun"car since my 84 z28.Work pretty much means I need a truck but I did have plenty of 2wheeled fun and I had my shifter kart. :-(
post #675 of 3058
Was it an IROC-Z?
post #676 of 3058
No, I think the IROC came out in 85. It was a 5,0 HO. Had larger exhaust tubes and a 5 spd.
post #677 of 3058
Had a Vette motor in it in later years I believe.
post #678 of 3058
A 5.7 was offered in the 3 gen car but I think the Vette motor came in the 90's in the SS.
post #679 of 3058
post #680 of 3058
Bunch of leeches.
Critical but stable still. I suppose thats good news.
post #681 of 3058
post #682 of 3058
The E car looks fairly slick, at least its not ugly, but i really dont like the fact that its not gonna make a good noise. Funny that they have to use a fake noise in the pit area to be heard!! I hope quiet race cars is not going to get popular in the future!
post #683 of 3058
Ive heard the govt was/is toying with the idea of making electric cars make noise in rural areas. Because of children getting run over playing in the street kind of thing.
post #684 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

The E car looks fairly slick, at least its not ugly, but i really dont like the fact that its not gonna make a good noise. Funny that they have to use a fake noise in the pit area to be heard!! I hope quiet race cars is not going to get popular in the future!
I know what yo mean.OTOH,the Audi R18 is silent but bad a**.
post #685 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

I know what yo mean.OTOH,the Audi R18 is silent but bad a**.

When I first seen that car go around LS, I was in awe in how quiet the car was, but is was fast! Then the CTSV race car would come around and rattle my eardrums!smile.gif That car or the Dyson racing The Ford race car was really loud, but in a good way!
post #686 of 3058
I saw those CSTV at Mid Ohio and they are crazy loud. Nothing else was even close to them.
post #687 of 3058
post #688 of 3058

Those are cool. Here's one from mine the other day when I was out looking for Tack Snacks.


post #689 of 3058
You were in Miami and didn't stop by?
post #690 of 3058
A new bit of Newey/America's Cup talk.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sailing/25653476
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2014 Formula 1 in HD