or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › Best AT 4k 140-150" screen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best AT 4k 140-150" screen?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I have been browsing the forums but wanted some opinions on the best 4k-AT screen.

I am thinking about the Seymour Center Stage XD or possibly a screen from screen innovations.

Apologies if this has been discussed too many times :\
post #2 of 9
Seymour is very good. There is also the new Stewart Cima Perforado -

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/PDFs/cedia%202013/PerfOrado_sell%20sheet_2013.pdf
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the input. I've asked for a sample of the Center Stage XD and the Enlightor 4k material from screenexcellence. My major concerns are moire effects and being able to see the texture when sitting at around 8ft.
post #4 of 9
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyen13 View Post

Thanks for the input. I've asked for a sample of the Center Stage XD and the Enlightor 4k material from screenexcellence. My major concerns are moire effects and being able to see the texture when sitting at around 8ft.

So far I've compared AT screen material from Elunevision with their reference audioweave 4k material, and Seymour with their XD and Enlightor screen materials. The Enlightor was the best with not being able to see any patterns naturally of course, but I did feel that it was quite dim and of course quite pricey. I then compared the XD material and the Elunevision material, both looked great. I preferred the pop of the XD but felt that I could sit closer to the screen with the Elunevision material compared to the XD material.

From what I've read the screen material from Falcon is the happy medium, still has that pop/brightness (although not quite as bright as XD) but with a little less noticeable screen weave. I'm going to order a 115" 16:9 screen from Falcon very soon. And on top of that its cheaper then a Seymour screen with the discount AVS members receive.
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

So far I've compared AT screen material from Elunevision with their reference audioweave 4k material, and Seymour with their XD and Enlightor screen materials. The Enlightor was the best with not being able to see any patterns naturally of course, but I did feel that it was quite dim and of course quite pricey. I then compared the XD material and the Elunevision material, both looked great. I preferred the pop of the XD but felt that I could sit closer to the screen with the Elunevision material compared to the XD material.

From what I've read the screen material from Falcon is the happy medium, still has that pop/brightness (although not quite as bright as XD) but with a little less noticeable screen weave. I'm going to order a 115" 16:9 screen from Falcon very soon. And on top of that its cheaper then a Seymour screen with the discount AVS members receive.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually just received my samples of the enlightor 4k and XD. I completely agree that the enlightor 4k material is too dim and XD really does pop. I am pretty close to taking the plunge on the XD 150" screen in 2.35:1 format with their masking option. I really like there attachable masking system, pretty nifty stuff.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyen13 View Post

Thanks for the feedback. I actually just received my samples of the enlightor 4k and XD. I completely agree that the enlightor 4k material is too dim and XD really does pop. I am pretty close to taking the plunge on the XD 150" screen in 2.35:1 format with their masking option. I really like there attachable masking system, pretty nifty stuff.

You should really take a look at the Falcon screens too. Don't get me wrong the Seymour XD screens are really nice and Chris seems like a great guy to deal with but the same screen from Falcon with the AVS discount would probably come in around $300 less for the exact same size screen. And when I last talked to Rich at Falcon he was saying that he's close to offering some similar masking panels for his screens too.

Send him a quick pm, user name snickers1. I'm sure he'll send you a sample of his screen material too and give you a price.
post #8 of 9
Oh, is there a discount for AVS readers or for paid members? I've been slacking on paying up and I just ordered a whole pile of equipment from AVS including a Falcon screen but the price was the same as falconscreens.com
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post

Oh, is there a discount for AVS readers or for paid members? I've been slacking on paying up and I just ordered a whole pile of equipment from AVS including a Falcon screen but the price was the same as falconscreens.com

I don't know, the discount thing might have changed now that AVS sells Falcon screens. I think he was offering discounts to AVS forum members before AVS was actually selling the screens. I apologize if I'm mistaken about the discount thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Screens
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › Best AT 4k 140-150" screen?