I am replacing my old theater in a box 5.1 system and am looking for a good, quality sub.
I have been doing some research and there are a ton of options out there. So, I was hoping to get some recommendations or just some plain good advice on choices. I am planning on purchasing before the holidays for a family gift.
For my main speakers, I have decided on (not a hard decision, but pretty firm based on hearing them) 2x Klipsch RF-82 II Floorstanding Speakers, 2x Klipsch RS-62 II Surround Speakers, and 1x RC-62 II Center Speaker. I have heard one of the Klipsch SW-115 subs, and it was rattling, like something was loose inside, that was off-putting, and I decided to look around.
I am looking for something under $1,000, if possible. I would entertain using 2 subs.
Basically, it will be used 90% for TV and movies. The other 10%, will be music and/or games. When I want to listen to classical music, I would like the sound to be rich and warm. If I listen to rap, I want it to hit hard, but controlled. Of course, movies should shake me out of my chair.
I know I am asking a lot, but I am hoping people with more experience and knowledge in this area can help me make a better informed decision. It looks like I will be buying online, as most of the dealers around my area have nothing in stock anyway.
Thank you for any help or advice!