or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic Plasma Buying Advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic Plasma Buying Advice

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I'm pretty new to plasma TVs in general, but I'm aware how they are probably the best value at this time since the price has come down, and since Panasonic is going to stop making them in the coming months.

 

Anyhow, I'm wondering if I should buy the 50 inch ST60, or a 55 inch S60... Is the extra screen real estate really THAT noticeable? For the record, I am upgrading from a 32 inch that I got back in either 2007, or 2008. I know the S60 works better in dimly lit rooms. I just know that the ST60 is generally regarded as one of the best plasmas as 2013, and I'm questioning what to choose.

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 9
I don't think the 55" S60 is available anywhere anymore.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr94 View Post

I'm pretty new to plasma TVs in general, but I'm aware how they are probably the best value at this time since the price has come down, and since Panasonic is going to stop making them in the coming months.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if I should buy the 50 inch ST60, or a 55 inch S60... Is the extra screen real estate really THAT noticeable? For the record, I am upgrading from a 32 inch that I got back in either 2007, or 2008. I know the S60 works better in dimly lit rooms. I just know that the ST60 is generally regarded as one of the best plasmas as 2013, and I'm questioning what to choose.

Well you better make up your mind quickly - Panasonic has ceased production on ALL Plasma TVs already so what little inventory is left in the distribution chain and retailer's warehouses is the last ones there will ever be.

BTW the 55" S60 is indeed long gone.
post #4 of 9
Sadly, I think the 55" S60 is long gone. I looked everywhere I could a couple months back when I decided to buy and had to settle for the 50" S60. What kills me is a local electronics chain here in the tri-state area had a close out sale on the 55" S60 for less than $700 at the end of the summer and I didn't bite on it. All the more reason for anyone who wants one of these last Panasonic models, whichever model and size they want, to get it before it is gone. To the OP, decide what you want and don't hesitate - just order it ASAP before it's too late. FYI, Amazon no longer has the 50" ST60 in stock, and they may not get anymore.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 

Oh, well in that case... I may have to go ahead and jump on the 50 inch ST60. I thought they were stopping production in 2014, my bad.

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore View Post

I don't think the 55" S60 is available anywhere anymore.

We're lucky here in Canada, the 55",60" even the 65" S60 are still available but in limited quantities.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

We're lucky here in Canada, the 55",60" even the 65" S60 are still available but in limited quantities.

42 inch S60 too which is already OOS in the States. But still, considering how much we pay over them, I would NEVER EVER say I'm more fortunate than an American when it comes to buying electronics! Even with the unfavorable currencies, I will always buy my TVs from the States.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOF View Post

42 inch S60 too which is already OOS in the States. But still, considering how much we pay over them, I would NEVER EVER say I'm more fortunate than an American when it comes to buying electronics! Even with the unfavorable currencies, I will always buy my TVs from the States.

I said we're lucky to still have them available, I didn't say we are fortunate to have them at those prices. biggrin.gif We do get ripped off, it sucks. A 65" ZT is going for 5k. I know you can get it cheaper but compare to the US it's 2k difference.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

I said we're lucky to still have them available, I didn't say we are fortunate to have them at those prices. biggrin.gif We do get ripped off, it sucks. A 65" ZT is going for 5k. I know you can get it cheaper but compare to the US it's 2k difference.

Even the used price is much better for the Americans! Comparing AVS Classified against Kijiji? It doesn't even compare. (lol)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic Plasma Buying Advice