or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

cleaning lens

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Just got mhy JVC 35 and was wondering how to and how often to clean the lens?.. I keep my cover on when not in use, but wanted to clean the lens and with what material.. thanks in advance
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Just got mhy JVC 35 and was wondering how to and how often to clean the lens?.. I keep my cover on when not in use, but wanted to clean the lens and with what material.. thanks in advance

Best to not touch the lens. Definitely do not do a regular cleaning regime. Each cleaning will put micro scratches on the lens, so never touch, unless you have to.
Reply
Reply
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Best to not touch the lens. Definitely do not do a regular cleaning regime. Each cleaning will put micro scratches on the lens, so never touch, unless you have to.

what about if you use one those soft lens/glasses cleaning fabric cloths?
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu View Post

what about if you use one those soft lens/glasses cleaning fabric cloths?

Unless you have a smudge, don't touch the lens. I would not use the cleaning cloth.
Reply
Reply
post #5 of 16
I use an air duster for photo lenses
post #6 of 16
I could be wrong here but I thought many projector lens sit behind an outer clear cover so the actual lens surface is not what you would be cleaning. I have been told that this is the case with the Epsons. These covers may be plastic so I would be cautious about rubbing them with any cloth or device (eg lenspen) unless absolutely necessary.
post #7 of 16
The lens on my BenQ W7000 collects dust particles from time to time and air doesn't clean it enough. Nothing major but I still see particles on the lens. What other cleaning options are there besides a photo lens air cleaner such as above? Is it safe to use compressed air?
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post

The lens on my BenQ W7000 collects dust particles from time to time and air doesn't clean it enough. Nothing major but I still see particles on the lens. What other cleaning options are there besides a photo lens air cleaner such as above? Is it safe to use compressed air?

Dust does not effect performance. Do not clean the lens if all you're seeing is dust on the lens.
post #9 of 16
Nice good to know thanx.
post #10 of 16

Works great on my RS20. biggrin.gif They're cheap, on the order of $5-6 on Amazon for example and does a great job of cleaning without any chemicals or leaving any scratches (they're meant for cleaning SLR lenses and the like, so they're meant for exactly this sort of thing). You'll still probably note a couple specks of dust that you won't be able to get rid of no matter how much you try but as others have noted, dust alone doesn't really affect performance.
Edited by Googer - 12/16/13 at 9:14pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googer View Post


Works great on my RS20. biggrin.gif They're cheap, on the order of $5-6 on Amazon for example and does a great job of cleaning without any chemicals or leaving any scratches (they're meant for cleaning SLR lenses and the like, so they're meant for exactly this sort of thing). You'll still probably note a couple specks of dust that you won't be able to get rid of no matter how much you try but as others have noted, dust alone doesn't really affect performance.

ink?
post #12 of 16
No, a LensPen doesn't use ink. It's got a piece of microfiber on the end with a carbon treatment on it that absorbs grease, etc. The pen's cap 'recharges' the tip when you twist it on when you're done using it, which is why the pen has several hundred uses in it.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googer View Post

No, a LensPen doesn't use ink. It's got a piece of microfiber on the end with a carbon treatment on it that absorbs grease, etc. The pen's cap 'recharges' the tip when you twist it on when you're done using it, which is why the pen has several hundred uses in it.

Sorry dude, I mean to say "LINK", not "ink", as in can you post a link to where I can buy one?
post #14 of 16
post #15 of 16
I put a link to Amazon's product page in my original reply; I guess you missed it.. Too subtle I guess so here you go again. tongue.gif
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googer View Post

I put a link to Amazon's product page in my original reply; I guess you missed it.. Too subtle I guess so here you go again. tongue.gif

My bad, thanks smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home