or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › Panasonic 50st60 blurry & dark picture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic 50st60 blurry & dark picture

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I just purchase the panasonic 50st60 and its a great tv. I just for rid of my 14 year old panasonic pwdy7 tv i think it was. My old panasonics tv picture looks way better than the 50st60 right now! I know it shouldn't so I want to know if anyone has good calibration settings to get my the best picture on the tv. The picture right now is too blurry and too dark. Some stuff looks old on it and some dent! Please help!!
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgees View Post

I just purchase the panasonic 50st60 and its a great tv. I just for rid of my 14 year old panasonic pwdy7 tv i think it was. My old panasonics tv picture looks way better than the 50st60 right now! I know it shouldn't so I want to know if anyone has good calibration settings to get my the best picture on the tv. The picture right now is too blurry and too dark. Some stuff looks old on it and some dent! Please help!!
The default mode on this TV is Standard Mode, which is a bit dim and dull. Go into Picture Settings menu and change to Custom Mode. Under Pro Settings change panel brightness to High. Have AGC on 12. Put gamma detail on S-curve. Then the TV is plenty bright. In fact, I have Brightness set to 0. Have CATS turned off. And to make the picture sharper, turn Sharpness to 85 to 90. Then this TV is very bright, with vivid colors that pop. Contrast 95. And images are sharp. Although some don't like the sharpness this high, it made the images appear sharp to me. But adjust to your tastes in Custom Mode. Much better than Standard Mode. Also see ST60 threads in Plasma Displays forum.
post #3 of 10
This is the wrong place for your post, Post in the ST60 Series discussion thread and those settings are so far out in left field they are not even remotely accurate.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

The default mode on this TV is Standard Mode, which is a bit dim and dull. Go into Picture Settings menu and change to Custom Mode. Under Pro Settings change panel brightness to High. Have AGC on 12. Put gamma detail on S-curve. Then the TV is plenty bright. In fact, I have Brightness set to 0. Have CATS turned off. And to make the picture sharper, turn Sharpness to 85 to 90. Then this TV is very bright, with vivid colors that pop. Contrast 95. And images are sharp. Although some don't like the sharpness this high, it made the images appear sharp to me. But adjust to your tastes in Custom Mode. Much better than Standard Mode. Also see ST60 threads in Plasma Displays forum.

if you're going to do all that, you could save yourself the effort and just put the set in Vivid mode defaults
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgees View Post

I just purchase the panasonic 50st60 and its a great tv. I just for rid of my 14 year old panasonic pwdy7 tv i think it was. My old panasonics tv picture looks way better than the 50st60 right now! I know it shouldn't so I want to know if anyone has good calibration settings to get my the best picture on the tv. The picture right now is too blurry and too dark. Some stuff looks old on it and some dent! Please help!!
The default mode on this TV is Standard Mode, which is a bit dim and dull. Go into Picture Settings menu and change to Custom Mode. Under Pro Settings change panel brightness to High. Have AGC on 12. Put gamma detail on S-curve. Then the TV is plenty bright. In fact, I have Brightness set to 0. Have CATS turned off. And to make the picture sharper, turn Sharpness to 85 to 90. Then this TV is very bright, with vivid colors that pop. Contrast 95. And images are sharp. Although some don't like the sharpness this high, it made the images appear sharp to me. But adjust to your tastes in Custom Mode. Much better than Standard Mode. Also see ST60 threads in Plasma Displays forum.
Terrible advice for anyone seeking a correct image!
post #6 of 10
Alan, I think Tyler was trying to be funny.

Dunno.

G
post #7 of 10
^I don't think he was. :|
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Loewen View Post

Alan, I think Tyler was trying to be funny.

Dunno.

G
So was I...... Ok, actually not. Perhaps Tyler can clear this up. I failed to see the jest. Maybe you know Tyler, personally. It has served me reasonably well to take people at their word at first encounter.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgees View Post

I just purchase the panasonic 50st60 and its a great tv. I just for rid of my 14 year old panasonic pwdy7 tv i think it was. My old panasonics tv picture looks way better than the 50st60 right now! I know it shouldn't so I want to know if anyone has good calibration settings to get my the best picture on the tv. The picture right now is too blurry and too dark. Some stuff looks old on it and some dent! Please help!!

What type of media are you watching? If movies are your primary use for the TV, then I would recommend having it calibrated. If you aren't in the market for that, I would look at d-nice's settings and recommendations. Beyond that, I would avoid using anyone else's settings as they are going to be tailored to their screen and taste, although you will likely end up better off than you are now. The suggestions above (sharpness near max???) are pretty misguided as far as anything resembling proper, but if calibration is not an option for you then it is just a matter of taste anyway.
post #10 of 10
failed to mention the option of purchasing a basic calibration package and doing it yourself. You will get good results if you research a bit, but beware, it is addictive...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › Panasonic 50st60 blurry & dark picture