or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Dream Christmas surprise for little sister, AVS Style!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dream Christmas surprise for little sister, AVS Style!!! - Page 5

post #121 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
 

i'm dead serious :D  on +10dB i would go and find those papers ur about to need em lol


Wow. I'm getting that song and trying it out. But I will be careful. Sounds like Blackmamba's going for the gusto though.

post #122 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Wow. I'm getting that song and trying it out. But I will be careful. Sounds like Blackmamba's going for the gusto though.

well if it survives it is definatly a good sub. what means gusto ? im dutch :o

post #123 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
 

well if it survives it is definatly a good sub. what means gusto ? im dutch :o


Gusto means going all out, not holding anything back.

post #124 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Gusto means going all out, not holding anything back.

ah thnx !

you tried the music ?

post #125 of 1332

No not yet.  I watched Elysium tonight, wanted to see how it was. It was a pretty good movie with some decent bass. I think tomorrow I'll download some of those songs and see what they're like.

post #126 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
 

No not yet.  I watched Elysium tonight, wanted to see how it was. It was a pretty good movie with some decent bass. I think tomorrow I'll download some of those songs and see what they're like.

good movie.. i liked it.

you can find it on youtube also this music.

post #127 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
 

yeah i have to keep it real here. but they don't complain that much luckily.

 

You've got very good neighbors in that case. I would get evicted if I tried any of that. :D

post #128 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
You've got very good neighbors in that case. I would get evicted if I tried any of that. :D

:D

post #129 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post


Wyoming, wow. When I was a kid we travelled through Wyoming and it was the only state I have ever seen where if an extended family settled somewhere it was called a town and the population was posted on a road sign. I remember seeing towns with as little as 8 people. That was back in the mid 70s, is it still like that?

I have to say though, there were parts of Wyoming that were beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Lol haven't been here long but there's a lot of towns still like that eek.gif
post #130 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Just got done doing some more tests of movie scenes and what not. Man everyone is beat up from the pressure, the upstairs of the house felt like it was being hit by missiles! I didn't try those songs yet but I'm going to write them down hehe
post #131 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Just got done doing some more tests of movie scenes and what not. Man everyone is beat up from the pressure, the upstairs of the house felt like it was being hit by missiles! I didn't try those songs yet but I'm going to write them down hehe

the mr squatch song will make it feel like there is a local earthquake ^^

post #132 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

the mr squatch song will make it feel like there is a local earthquake ^^

That's sounds like a winner, I just have to rerun my calibration in a bit just to correct something I realized that I did wrong last night hehe I was in too much of a hurry
post #133 of 1332

did you come to a decision yet on what you gonna get for your sis ?

post #134 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

did you come to a decision yet on what you gonna get for your sis ?

Well what im going to do is grab wht cash ill have for this weekend and head to best buy. Im going to pick out the tv first. Then ill get the bluray player, tv stand, and surge protector. Next ill get the laptop. Then depending on how much i have left ill see what to do about the audio part. Im debating on whether i should just get all this and then once she opens everything and get it all setup, maybe I should wait a couple weeks or so and just get a decent setup and just add it. It wasnt until recently that I made this plan so thats why id probably only have $3k by this weekend. Im leaning towards maybe getting a decent receiver and a couple towers to start with. Then i could add a center and a sub later. She really likes Klipsch, just 2 towers would fill up her room real nice!
post #135 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Just got done doing some more tests of movie scenes and what not. Man everyone is beat up from the pressure, the upstairs of the house felt like it was being hit by missiles! I didn't try those songs yet but I'm going to write them down hehe

 

Very very cool. It must be awesome.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post


Well what im going to do is grab wht cash ill have for this weekend and head to best buy. Im going to pick out the tv first. Then ill get the bluray player, tv stand, and surge protector. Next ill get the laptop. Then depending on how much i have left ill see what to do about the audio part. Im debating on whether i should just get all this and then once she opens everything and get it all setup, maybe I should wait a couple weeks or so and just get a decent setup and just add it. It wasnt until recently that I made this plan so thats why id probably only have $3k by this weekend. Im leaning towards maybe getting a decent receiver and a couple towers to start with. Then i could add a center and a sub later. She really likes Klipsch, just 2 towers would fill up her room real nice!


That's a pretty good plan. It's probably best to put it together like that so you don't end up getting something you don't really want because you were running low on funds at the end and had to settle. She will be so happy with what you are getting her that I'm sure she won't even notice that the setup is isn't complete and there's more to add. Then you can add the rest when the funds come in and you can get exactly what you want. Enjoy picking everything up this weekend. Nothing beats buying AV gear. :) 

post #136 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Thanks, im planning on getting everything on sunday and ill post pics here. Im going to buy a lock for my closet tomorrow and put it all in there until christmas smile.gif
post #137 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

did you come to a decision yet on what you gonna get for your sis ?

Well what im going to do is grab wht cash ill have for this weekend and head to best buy. Im going to pick out the tv first. Then ill get the bluray player, tv stand, and surge protector. Next ill get the laptop. Then depending on how much i have left ill see what to do about the audio part. Im debating on whether i should just get all this and then once she opens everything and get it all setup, maybe I should wait a couple weeks or so and just get a decent setup and just add it. It wasnt until recently that I made this plan so thats why id probably only have $3k by this weekend. Im leaning towards maybe getting a decent receiver and a couple towers to start with. Then i could add a center and a sub later. She really likes Klipsch, just 2 towers would fill up her room real nice!

my kinda girl lol  . these just 2 towers will fill up the whole apartment ;)

get her the http://www.klipsch.com/rf-42-ii-home-theater-system and a 46" samsung , samsung bluray and a yamaha amp and a 500€ laptop and she be more then happy i promise . really think that you should keep it within reason. skip the surgeprotector its not neccesary.

so be carefull that she don't see u put it there :D

btw.. 500€ repaircost for my sub :( :"(

ow and bit offtopic :rolleyes: but you would like to have this thing http://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1 and REW and put them subs 90cm from the left and right walls with subdrivers facing the edge cornerpoint of the corners

 

edge of corner

\/_____________

|

|      /_\    <-- left side facing edge

|

|


Edited by DaJoJo - 12/19/13 at 6:24pm
post #138 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks, im planning on getting everything on sunday and ill post pics here. Im going to buy a lock for my closet tomorrow and put it all in there until christmas smile.gif


Good plan. Buy two or three locks because the treasure hidden behind that closet door is priceless! Especially to a 10th grader. :eek:

post #139 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post


Good plan. Buy two or three locks because the treasure hidden behind that closet door is priceless! Especially to a 10th grader. eek.gif

Yeah I know she'll want to peak but there's no way she will be able to know biggrin.gif
post #140 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

my kinda girl lol  . these just 2 towers will fill up the whole apartment wink.gif
get her the http://www.klipsch.com/rf-42-ii-home-theater-system and a 46" samsung , samsung bluray and a yamaha amp and a 500€ laptop and she be more then happy i promise . really think that you should keep it within reason. skip the surgeprotector its not neccesary.
so be carefull that she don't see u put it there biggrin.gif
btw.. 500€ repaircost for my sub frown.gif :"(
ow and bit offtopic rolleyes.gif but you would like to have this thing http://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1 and REW and put them subs 90cm from the left and right walls with subdrivers facing the edge cornerpoint of the corners

edge of corner
\/_____________
|
|      /_\    <-- left side facing edge
|
|

Actually I was just planning some tweaking! The mic you suggested is on back order so I got this one with next day air biggrin.gif

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-umm-6-usb-measurement-microphone--390-808

I'm going to rearrange everything now, I can't wait till that mic gets here!
post #141 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
Actually I was just planning some tweaking! The mic you suggested is on back order so I got this one with next day air biggrin.gif
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-umm-6-usb-measurement-microphone--390-808
I'm going to rearrange everything now, I can't wait till that mic gets here!

:rolleyes:

it'll do :)

have fun ^^

post #142 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

rolleyes.gif
it'll do smile.gif
have fun ^^

I got next day air because I forgot my break from work starts and I almost didn't have time to get one eek.gif that was close!
post #143 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
I got next day air because I forgot my break from work starts and I almost didn't have time to get one eek.gif that was close!

ur excused lol :D:D:D

now go do that measurements and tell us the outcomes and don't forget to try out my house-shaking music. we're dying waiting here hahaha ;)

post #144 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

ur excused lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
now go do that measurements and tell us the outcomes and don't forget to try out my house-shaking music. we're dying waiting here hahaha wink.gif

Wait till you see the next video I make, it should be fun!
post #145 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
Wait till you see the next video I make, it should be fun!

:D lookin forward to it !

post #146 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

biggrin.gif lookin forward to it !

And off course I'll be posting the video of my sister for the surprise!
post #147 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
And off course I'll be posting the video of my sister for the surprise!

hallelujah ! awaiting the suprise video of the century it must be good ^^ :D 

i sooo much wanna see that ear to ear smile and the twinkling in that eyes :D:D:D

post #148 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Man I'm beat, I'll keep my setup like this for now and measure when my gear gets here


post #149 of 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Man I'm beat, I'll keep my setup like this for now and measure when my gear gets here


still looks darn good

i wonder if it would make it better to turn the subs a few degrees though. it is best that woofer driver is facing the wall at a little angle so you can draw a line from driver to wall to other side of the room. and put the left&right speaker in front of the closed part of the subs (the small part) but test first :) 

post #150 of 1332
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

still looks darn good
i wonder if it would make it better to turn the subs a few degrees though. it is best that woofer driver is facing the wall at a little angle so you can draw a line from driver to wall to other side of the room. and put the left&right speaker in front of the closed part of the subs (the small part) but test first smile.gif  


Wait im just making sure you know, they each have 3 drivers lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Dream Christmas surprise for little sister, AVS Style!!!