I've kept it pretty clean, software wise, but you know how things pile up and others become outdated...
So I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to start over with the software side of things...
- I am having trouble with some of the audio (LAV split) drivers using WMC/Media Browser to play a few movies
- I could never get the subtitles to work properly after a month (when they stopped working)
- I am growing tired of Media Center and want to try XBMC (it seems much better since a couple of years back)
- I am modding an old xbox original that I had laying around, and thought using XBMC on the main HTPC would help interface better, with what would essentially be an extender for another room
- it's the holidays and I have time, so why not??
preferably, while doing this, I would like to wipe up windows 7 and re-install fresh.
The main problem I see with this is that I'm running everything from a 2TB HDD, and I don't want to lose 1.6TB of media
I have a subscription to Assassin's blog, so I'll use his guides and other info on here to get me going into XBMC once I have a fresh slate... but I'm confused about how to create a fresh slate without putting my media data in danger.
I'm also afraid my family will mutiny if I essentially take away the TV and don't return it within a reasonable amount of time.
Lastly, I was wondering about possibly automating the process of deleting the existing metadata being utilized by Media Browser and then replacing it using Media Center Master with the XBMC metadata. (MCM is how the metadata was first downloaded, btw... so maybe I don't need to do this)