I ordered mine from the company that did all the rest of my home theater install. The order was placed December 8th. They told me expected delivery date was January 10th.
On January 10th, no delivery and when they called their Sony Rep he said a firm delivery date would be given the following Monday.
On the 13th the Sony rep told my dealer that Sony was not commiting to any firm shipping dates.
As I had only paid a 50% deposit on my final HT items the vendor has offered a return of my funds if I find somewhere that can get me a 55ES before my Super Bowl party. (Haha, I have 16 people waiting to know if they have somewhere to visit on Feb 2nd). I am not really interested in paying MSRP. So I guess I will just wait my turn.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, except the dealer that I ordered from is also the employer of a friend of mine... which makes it even worse. He's not happy about making me wait either, but there's not much he can do about it. If I don't get a shipment confirmation this week, I may have to order elsewhere so that I have it before the Superbowl also, even though I'll most likely end up paying more for it too.