I've decided to build a fixed wall-mount projector screen for my home media room. I use Benq W700 projector which is mounted on the top of the wall and it projects a 16:9 video picture with a diagonal size of 123''. Movies will mainly be watched in dark or in low light ambient. The whole room is painted white and there is not much furniture in it.
I would like to build a wooden construction over which I would like to put canvas/material and mount the whole thing on the wall.
What are my primary questions:
1. Which material should I use?
2. Should I use white, gray or black material?
3. Can I just staple the material to the wooden frame or do I need some kind of springs?
4. What is the best way to mount it to the wall?
5. Do I need a black outline around the frame?
6. Which gain is best, arount 1.0?
My primary concern is the canvas: which material should I use? I was searching ebay and websites and saw something like this:
Do you know anything about this materials? And what about projector wall paint? I suppose that building a frame is better?
I'm looking for a affordable/cheap solution :)
Thank you guys!