Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami
1. yes people have played titanfall, so the "hype" is largely from people that have actually played the game
2. a lot of people here sound like "sour grapes" if titanfall 1 was exclusive to PS4 then people would be listing that game as part of the reason to own a PS4
3. Sony has always struggled to have a true AAA FPS, resistance and KZ are solid games, but nowhere near the sales and excitement of halo, cod, BF, etc..
4. No console is perfect, it is OK to admit that titanfall will probably be a great game and it is OK.
5. If MS fanboys were saying things like "i don't think uncharted is really that good and TLoU is just overhyped, etc.." people would rip them..
As to 5, NaughtDog earned that. People we're excited for TLoU because of ND's past, but not many were calling it the GOTY before it even came out. Especially in a year with the lineups we've had.
Titanfall probably will be good, but the fact remains that very few people have actually sat and played it, let alone played a full feature set of the game. As you said, it's really tough to make a AAA, popular FPS. So shouldn't some caution be warranted?
I'd think so, especially after the last few years in "gaming journalism". Remember all those 10/10's and the unbearable hype GTA got? And it's mostly been MIA from GOTY. TLOU didn't have anywhere near the hype (payloa), but it's there at the top still despite being release early last year. Maybe, as you say, it's just that Sony fans have their BS meters primed after being burned before on promises on gen changing FPS (Resistance, KZ, Haze, ect)