- 13 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Thumbs Up: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPanasonic PTAE8000U HD Projectortagged by dlreiss, 1/5/14
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another 2.35:1/16:9 thread:) Last post on Yesterday at 7:11 pm in Screens
- Brooks Basement HT Build Last post on 3/11/14 at 7:09pm in General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms
- Help with picking a projector...Sony-Epson-JVC-Benq-Panasonic Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:26am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
- When will Panasonic update the AE8000? Last post on 3/1/14 at 3:26pm in Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP
- Projector with Lens Memory, 135" screen 2.35 for 3d Last post on 3/2/14 at 6:03am in Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP
projector selection help
Take a look here, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1509248/how-much-do-white-walls-and-ceiling-hurt-my-setup/0_100 there are also other very long threads on treating your ceiling and walls.
Welcome to the hobby!
Edited by tinmanLU27 - 1/5/14 at 10:29am
The part I think you are not understanding is the reflected light is the screen not the projector.. screen itself lights up the room and then that light shines on the screen an bang, you have a washed out picture. Black on your screen is caused by there being no light projected in that spot. If light hits that spot be it from a room light, window OR light bouncing off the ceiling or walls, your black will become gray or worse..
This is the wall i will be shooting to. The picture was taken close to where the projector will go, lighting is all the way up, no flash. I dimmed the lights all the way down and my camera wouldn't pick it up because it was too dark. Hope this can help about the ambient light. I would like a projector that could work in this lighting along with it 100% dark. I will be blacking out the ceiling also.
Both are solid projectors, but the W7000 is a bit older, and given the HC7900DW is on "close out" pricing, it's probably the better buy right now.
I'm strongly looking at the HC7900DW myself. I'm holding off for a little bit to see if anything interesting comes out in CES, but I'm not too optimistic about it in the sub $1500 range.
- projector selection help
- › New SVS PB2000 and SB2000 subs!!!!!! 7 seconds ago
- › Official Samsung PNxxF8500 "Bugs" Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Official OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Owner's Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Building a new House with Dedicated Theater - Some unanswered... 1 minute ago
- › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's... 1 minute ago
- › LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread 1 minute ago
- › when is HBO Go coming to PS3? 2 minutes ago
- › DIY black screen tests 2 minutes ago
- › SVS PB2000 by imagic
- › Onkyo TX-NR616 by mrpeso13
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe