or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Vizio drops 3d for all 2014 sets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vizio drops 3d for all 2014 sets - Page 4

post #91 of 101
I bought one of the second to last 3d hdtv models before xmas of 2012 and the 3d is very good. Bluray 3d is the best quality while gaming in 3d is laggy and fios 3d is choppy. I'm glad that Vizio finally stepped up to the game and offered affordable 4k sets for the customer. Just wait 5 or so years until my set blows up and 4k hdtv will be as common as 1080p.
post #92 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kascnef82 View Post

I bought one of the second to last 3d hdtv models before xmas of 2012 and the 3d is very good. Bluray 3d is the best quality while gaming in 3d is laggy and fios 3d is choppy. I'm glad that Vizio finally stepped up to the game and offered affordable 4k sets for the customer. Just wait 5 or so years until my set blows up and 4k hdtv will be as common as 1080p.

 

FIOS on-demand 3D movies choppy?  I never saw that once.  Do you mean 3D streaming from some other site?

post #93 of 101
My response to Rogo in reference to House Of Cards being release this month in 4K :
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

As always, you make a good argument. Surprisingly, Netflix is ready to dish out 4k streaming, and I will concede to that fact.


It seems that the second season of House OF Cards was released this week, but currently it is not available in 4k. I guess my doubts in regard to this subject may have been correct in the first place. tongue.gif



Ian
post #94 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

It seems that the second season of House OF Cards was released this week, but currently it is not available in 4k. I guess my doubts in regard to this subject may have been correct in the first place. tongue.gif
Ian
HoC will be available in 4K soon,.............. as soon as the new UHD TV models arrive that has the Netfiix app built in.

For future streaming of any 4K via external devices, they will have to have HDCP 2.2, which no product has at the moment.
A requirement decided by content providers = big paranoid Hollywood studios...............as if HDCP at any point in history has stopped people from sharing content illegally. rolleyes.gif

So expect more HDCP handshake hell in the future. mad.gif
post #95 of 101
Wow, that makes the 4K-capable Oppo 103 obsolete then, unless the HDCP update can be rolled out as a software update.
post #96 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolscan View Post

HoC will be available in 4K soon,.............. as soon as the new UHD TV models arrive that has the Netfiix app built in.

For future streaming of any 4K via external devices, they will have to have HDCP 2.2, which no product has at the moment.
A requirement decided by content providers = big paranoid Hollywood studios...............as if HDCP at any point in history has stopped people from sharing content illegally. rolleyes.gif

So expect more HDCP handshake hell in the future. mad.gif


Do you have a source for this information ?
post #97 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolscan View Post

For future streaming of any 4K via external devices, they will have to have HDCP 2.2, which no product has at the moment.

There are some Sony displays with HDCP 2.2 and their hockey puck media player also supports it. But given that they want to sell you their own 4K content, I doubt you'll ever see Netflix on it.
post #98 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekos View Post

Do you have a source for this information ?

http://www.stuff.tv/netflix/netflix-stream-house-cards-season-2-4k/news
Quote:
Don't expect to be running Netflix in 4K through your Xbox One or PS4, though. "The new game consoles may eventually be 4K-capable," says hunt, "but the ability to take 4K out of the box and drop it into a separate television is lacking some standards and HDMI 2.0, and it's just a little premature. So we probably will see that, but right now we're talking about 4K Netflix built into the smart TV."

I think you need to read between the lines. By "standards" they are referring to DRM. All their current 24p 4K content could easily be transmitted by HDMI 1.4. They require HDMI 2.0 for the HDCP 2.2 support. Exactly the same thing as Sony's 4K streaming service.
post #99 of 101
3d was a fad, and its passing....
post #100 of 101
^mere parroting
post #101 of 101
The strength of the 3D you have seen is likely very low compared to realistically dimensioned 3D. It is capable of looking like a holodeck. Your only seeing the initial steps towards 100% usage in my estimation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Flat Panels General and OLED Technology › Vizio drops 3d for all 2014 sets