Given that I could only get close to bezel blending blacks on the 5% and 10% grey window patterns from the avshd709 calibration disc by lowering S1, S3 and S4 to 20 below the minimum factory specification, I decided to reset my display.
After the reset, all I had to was set RSTP to 1 to get bezel blending blacks on those two patterns. I did not have to adjust any other voltage. I am not experiencing any artifacts on any internal pattern or real world content. I went through all the internal patterns with no issues whatsoever. No black rain, no IR, no lazy blacks, no misfires or trails. My KURO has never looked this good. Plus I have TONS of headroom on S1, S3 and S4, since they are at factory default.
Below is the process that I applied.
1. Set all voltages to factory default. For 101-FD and KRP-500M, these can be found on page 195 of the service manual. For the rest of the models, it is also located around page 195 (give or take 3 pages).
2. Execute the below commands.
3. Turn off KURO and unplug for 5 minutes.
4. Plug back and turn on KURO.
5. Set RSTP to 1.
7. I performed this procedure 3 times on my display to make sure it worked. It seems like the 3rd reset gave me the best results, though it might just be me.
I know everyone that has reset their displays have had to play with almost all voltages to get an artifact free image. Am I the only one who has set the voltages to factory default prior to the reset? If not, then perhaps the fact that my panel had only about 900 hours at the time of reset is the reason why my reset was headache free.
PG_ICE, since you are always down to reset your display (and are quite the expert at it), can you give this method a whirl an report back? Thanks in advance.
I have attached captures from before the reset, after the reset and after adjustment for your perusal. These were generated with my Kuro Kapture program that is still in development that captures all of the KURO's regular and service menu settings.
P.S. This thing is looking better and better as time passes, I can't tell the bezel and screen apart on an all black field!
BeforeReset.txt 8k .txt file
AfterReset.txt 8k .txt file
AfterAdjustment.txt 8k .txt file