Release date: February 12, 2014.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-69-0124B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)
1. Resolved an audio dropout issue occurring with "Monsters University (BD, 2013)", related to its Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and 7.1 audio tracks when the player's HDMI Audio Format was set to Bitstream. We worked with Dolby and our decoder chip maker to address this type of audio dropouts.
2. Resolved an issue with Gapless Playback with several customer-encoded WAV files. It was caused by an additional “List” information segment presented in the WAV file Header, and we have added support for this segment so that Gapless Playback now functions properly with these files.
3. Resolved an issue where a brief static noise could be heard when streaming music from a computer running Mac OS X to the BDP-105's USB DAC input. It could happen when the music stream was paused for a few seconds and then resumed, and it could be heard through the analog audio outputs, including the 7.1, Stereo, and Headphone outputs. We improved the audio muting logic and have eliminated this static noise.
4. Resolved an issue where a brief static noise could be heard when playing SACD discs in DSD mode on the BDP-105. This burst of noise was audible at the beginning of a track or when switching to the next track. It could be heard through the analog audio outputs, including the 7.1 and Stereo ports. We improved the audio muting logic and have eliminated this static noise.
5. Resolved a compatibility issue between BDP-103/105's HDMI 1 Output to the McIntosh MX150/151 AV Processors. Users reported no audio when using this combination, so we added special instructions for these A/V processors in the HDMI handshake process. We highly recommend that you contact McIntosh Technical Support to upgrade your MX150/151 firmware to the latest version.
6. Added Gapless Playback support for FLAC files.
7. Added 24 Hz support for customer-encoded video files in 480P24 and 720P24 formats. The original frame rate can be preserved when upscaling the content to 1080p, e.g., when Resolution is set to 1080P, the 720P23.976 content is output as 1080P23.976, and 720P24 is output as 1080P24. Previously, these formats were frame-rate converted to 60 Hz.
8. Added an "INSTANT REPLAY" function to video playback. If the customer presses the AB REPLAY button twice (two presses within 1 second), video playback will be automatically rewound 10 seconds.
9. Added support for playing CUE files and DSD64 files (.DFF and .DSF) over DLNA. The DLNA server must support these formats as well. A new version of oShare DLNA server that provides these functions is available now, and can be downloaded here from SourceForge.net.