Although I have read a bit of the introductory information on acoustic treatment and speaker placement, I am a bit overwhelmed and am ‘losing the forest for the trees.’ I am looking for advice on the following:
1. What are the best or immediate acoustic treatments do I need to optimize my 5.1 home theater sound?
2. What are recommended sources for purchasing home acoustic treatments?
3. Should I hire a consultant specific for acoustic treatments and how do I go about finding a reliable one?
4. What is the best method for finding and removing rattling due to bass?
- 13' 5" wide x 25' long, but only the ‘front’ 18’ are used for theater, as the rear portion will be a separate seating area and will have a low wall separating the HT.
- Ceiling is 7’, drop ceiling (USG tiles, NRC 0.70), with steel I-beams and concrete at approx 8’.
- South wall is drywall over concrete. North and west wall are drywall over cedar beams. East wall (front wall) has a mural on concrete on top half, drywall on bottom half below the 6” ledge) (pictured).
- Front wall will have a black felt curtain along the entire length, behind the screen. It will fill the gap between the wall and the screen (screen is floating, mounted 6” from ledge).
- Pictures on the wall are just there to cover wall outlets (previous owner had a lot of neon lights on walls).
- AVR: Marantz SR6008
- Fronts: Definitive Technology BP-8060ST
- Center: Definitive Technology CS-8060HD
- Rears: Definitive Technology SR-8040BP
- Sub: HSU VTF-15H
The basic layout:
View from the rear left:
View from the rear right:
View from the front:
View of the ceiling and front wall mural prior to installation:
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.