What would be some the most popular (well supported) home automation software packages that allows one to pro-grammatically customize / extend the solution?
So for example if you needed to develop a custom driver to receive a feed of data into the system, write code to determine what to do with this data, and then trigger devices (e.g. remote switch).
The system itself then can get used for all the normal HA as well. Would:
* need to support Z-wave, and support for other protocols like X10 beyond this would be good
* nice if it happen to have an existing mechanism to allow you to access it remotely, even if it meant port-forwarding your router to it web interface
* anything else a bonus (e.g. iphone app)
* I'm in Australia, but hopefully that won't impact(?) on solution choices
* could be open-source, however happy to pay a bit to get a more solid solution if this is what is required
* could accept a hardware appliance potentially, but it would need to have the coding support (so I'm guessing finding software and running on a laptop/linux box or otherwise might turn out to be answer?)
* main item however would being able to write some script/code to extend it - in particular what I wanted to do is:
* one possibility that was brought to my attention is http://www.ip-symcon.de/ however the doco is in german apparently
- supports for X-wave, X10 etc out of the box
- ideally would be open-source (but otherwise highly extensible closed source)
- extensibility mechanism would need to have flexibility of some language support (if/then, etc)