If you own a game console, here's your chance to tell the world how much you enjoy it—or not—and possibly win one of three Amazon gift cards.
First prize is $300
Second and third prizes are $100 each
To enter, all you have to do is post a review of your game console in the Reviews section of AVS, and then post a link to your review in this thread. (For this contest, we're looking for reviews of game consoles, not gaming PCs.) Three of the reviews will be selected at random as the winners after verifying their eligibility.
What makes a review eligible?
1) The review must be submitted between February 11 and 25, 2014, on a product within the AVS game-console category;
2) The review must contain a title, overall rating stars, review-detail ratings, pros, cons, and a minimum 100-word body;
3) The review must be new, original work and not republished, in whole or in part, from another location on AVS Forum or elsewhere on the Internet;
4) AVS Forum reserves the right to disqualify reviews of very low quality at our discretion. Be thorough and helpful to your readers, and use good punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Also, divide your comments into several paragraphs; it's very difficult to read one long paragraph.
Never written a review on AVS Forum before? It's easy! Click here for a tutorial. To summarize, first go to the game-console product page and click on "Add Item" in the upper right. Next, enter the make and model number of your console into the search box, then click on the product in the resulting list. Finally, click on "Write a Review" in the upper right of that product's page, and input your review. It doesn't matter if someone else has already reviewed the same console; we love multiple perspectives!
The most important things to cover in the main body are:
1) Features—What's the maximum resolution and frame rate the console can handle? Can it play Blu-rays and other discs? Can it stream online content? Does it have motion-sensing technology? Which features are useful and which are not?
2) Setup—Is the console easy or difficult to set up? Tell us about the system you're using to see and hear the games. Projector or flat panel? Speakers or headphones? Surround or 2-channel?
3) User Interface—Is the controller well designed? What about the unit's menu system? Are they easy or difficult to use?
4) Performance—How quickly do games start up? How sharp are the graphics? How immersive is the sound? Is there any performance lag? How is the experience when playing others online? How good is Blu-ray and streaming playback? Cite examples from games you've played and content you've watched or listened to.
So fire up your game console and take a critical look, then submit your review and post a link to it in this thread for a chance to win a shopping spree on Amazon!