or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Inuke vs. CV 5000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inuke vs. CV 5000 - Page 3

post #61 of 141
Thread Starter 
DD, you do have me curious now what would happen if I bump up the sub trim on my AVR and try my test out again since I wasn't clipping the input of the inukes.
post #62 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

. . . since I wasn't clipping the input of the inukes.
How do you know? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif
post #63 of 141
Thread Starter 
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!!! mad.gifbiggrin.gif


I'm losing IQ points by the second and I can't afford to lose any more. eek.gifbiggrin.gif













I don't understand.... because the unput clip lights were not lighting up right????


I thought that's what you meant earlier that I didn't have the correct gain on the inukes since the input wasn't clipping but the output was, meaning I need to increase the signal going to the inuke by raising the trim on the avr.
post #64 of 141
Thread Starter 
Here are the specs for the upcoming 12000dsp:

Delivers 2 x 6000 Watts into 2 Ohms, 2 x 3400 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 1700 Watts into 8 Ohms and weighs less than 26.5 lbs / 12 kg


Ok, so if I ran 3 subs per channel would I get:


  • Half the difference in watts between the specs for 4 ohm and 2 ohm since it would be a 3 ohm load (well, 2.7 according to what I've seen on this thread?) = 4700 watts total (a little more since I'd be under 3 ohms?)
  • Take that 4700 times 73 percent since that looks like how much Behringer over rates their specs on other inuke models = 3431 per channel
  • Divide 3431 by 3 subs = 1143 watts per driver


Did I do that right? Fatshaft is pusing 1250 watts into each of his SI 18's and has yet to bottom them but has bottomed his FTW 21's with more watts so I assume he has really pushed the SI's with no problems so I'm hoping that the 12000 will be the perfect match.

In the end I would get 3 more db's over the CV 5000, increased efficiency, and dynamic eq for movies - DD just showed me how to use dynamic eq on Jriver which is what I use for music so I don't need dynamic eq for music - oh wait - I will for Spotify....


Please correct anything I screwed up. smile.gif
post #65 of 141
I think you're over thinking all the watts, brah. wink.gif



Btw, the 12000 will more than likely output as such: 1kw@8ohm, 2kw@4ohm, 4kw@2ohm. Stereo obviously, no option for bridge.

If you want or need 4kw or more for a single 4ohm load then either the Sanway 14k clone or the Cerwin Vega CV5000 bridged is the correct choice.
post #66 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Here are the specs for the upcoming 12000dsp:

Delivers 2 x 6000 Watts into 2 Ohms, 2 x 3400 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 1700 Watts into 8 Ohms and weighs less than 26.5 lbs / 12 kg


Ok, so if I ran 3 subs per channel would I get:


  • Half the difference in watts between the specs for 4 ohm and 2 ohm since it would be a 3 ohm load (well, 2.7 according to what I've seen on this thread?) = 4700 watts total (a little more since I'd be under 3 ohms?)
  • Take that 4700 times 73 percent since that looks like how much Behringer over rates their specs on other inuke models = 3431 per channel
  • Divide 3431 by 3 subs = 1143 watts per driver


Did I do that right? Fatshaft is pusing 1250 watts into each of his SI 18's and has yet to bottom them but has bottomed his FTW 21's with more watts so I assume he has really pushed the SI's with no problems so I'm hoping that the 12000 will be the perfect match.

In the end I would get 3 more db's over the CV 5000, increased efficiency, and dynamic eq for movies - DD just showed me how to use dynamic eq on Jriver which is what I use for music so I don't need dynamic eq for music - oh wait - I will for Spotify....


Please correct anything I screwed up. smile.gif


Pretty accurate as I see it.
post #67 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post


Did I do that right? Fatshaft is pusing 1250 watts into each of his SI 18's and has yet to bottom them but has bottomed his FTW 21's with more watts so I assume he has really pushed the SI's with no problems so I'm hoping that the 12000 will be the perfect match.

Carp,

You're right about my situation with the SI18's
I run 2x D2's connected to 1 output of a FP10000Q for a 2 ohm load. Each sub is connected in series for a 4 ohm load each and then 2 together in parrallel for a 2 ohm load.
I clip the 10000Q BEFORE bottoming my subs.
So in theory...I'm sending 1250Watts per sub to all my 4 subs.
I'm really impressed with the SI's

For the 21's. I'm sending 4200Watts per pair or 2100Watts per 21's.

Hope this helps
post #68 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

I think you're over thinking all the watts, brah. wink.gif



Btw, the 12000 will more than likely output as such: 1kw@8ohm, 2kw@4ohm, 4kw@2ohm. Stereo obviously, no option for bridge.

If you want or need 4kw or more for a single 4ohm load then either the Sanway 14k clone or the Cerwin Vega CV5000 bridged is the correct choice.


Ha, I've never been accused of over thinking anything! biggrin.gif

I hear ya Scott... like you I'm afraid of the clones.
post #69 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Pretty accurate as I see it.


Until DD comes back and ruins my fun again. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
post #70 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post

Carp,

You're right about my situation with the SI18's
I run 2x D2's connected to 1 output of a FP10000Q for a 2 ohm load. Each sub is connected in series for a 4 ohm load each and then 2 together in parrallel for a 2 ohm load.
I clip the 10000Q BEFORE bottoming my subs.
So in theory...I'm sending 1250Watts per sub to all my 4 subs.
I'm really impressed with the SI's

For the 21's. I'm sending 4200Watts per pair or 2100Watts per 21's.

Hope this helps


Thanks FS, appreciate it. smile.gif

Are you using the flatpacks too? If not, what size are your boxes?
post #71 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Ha, I've never been accused of over thinking anything! biggrin.gif

I hear ya Scott... like you I'm afraid of the clones.

It's just funny. I see your post and you're all dividing up the watts like it's all literal. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously I just lump power into chunks. Since we are talking nice subs I'll skip ahead to the first power goal... 400w. After that shoot for ~1,000w. After that shoot for 2,000w. After that shoot for 4,000w. After that.... Umm.
Edited by Scott Simonian - 2/14/14 at 2:50pm
post #72 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Thanks FS, appreciate it. smile.gif

Are you using the flatpacks too? If not, what size are your boxes?

I built my own...no flat packs...they're about 4.5cuft in size.
post #73 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

It's just funny. I see your post and you're all dividing up the watts like it's all literal. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Seriously I just lump power into chunks. Since we are talking nice subs I'll skip ahead to the first power goal... 400w. After that shoot for ~1,000w. After that shoot for 2,000w. After that shoot for 4,000w. After that.... Umm.


Haha,


Gotcha. Ok, so I'm at 400 (well, 600 ish) and now I'm going for 1000 ish I guess.

On the other hand I'm reading about all these marty sub creations and thinking about going back to ported. What the hell... it will never end... well - I guess it would end if I had your system! biggrin.gif
post #74 of 141
Well what you would do is now look at 1,000-1,200 per driver as an appreciable goal to shoot for as an "upgrade". Any less then whats the point?

Make sense?
post #75 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post

I built my own...no flat packs...they're about 4.5cuft in size.


Ahh I see. So actually for mine the driver would be even more protected if I was giving them 1250 watts right since they are 4.0 cu ft? Other than thermal heating issues I guess...?
post #76 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Well what you would do is now look at 1,000-1,200 per driver as an appreciable goal to shoot for as an "upgrade". Any less then whats the point?

Make sense?


Right, and the inuke 120000 would give me that at least right?
post #77 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Ahh I see. So actually for mine the driver would be even more protected if I was giving them 1250 watts right since they are 4.0 cu ft? Other than thermal heating issues I guess...?

Absolutely not.

FYI, all of mine are in 4cuft effective. It would require in excess of 3kw to mechanically 'bottom' the SI 18's.

You're good. The other guy is good. Everybody who keeps worrying is good. tongue.gifwink.gifsmile.gif
post #78 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Right, and the inuke 120000 would give me that at least right?

Sure! Yours are all d4's, yes?

It would be quite a match. Also consider the IPR2 7500 which is basically the same thing. smile.gif
post #79 of 141
Thread Starter 
Yes d4's like you.


Very cool, thanks Scott. smile.gif
post #80 of 141
Awesome. smile.gif

Dual 4's are the best. cool.gif
post #81 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Right, and the inuke 120000 would give me that at least right?

Sure! Yours are all d4's, yes?

It would be quite a match. Also consider the IPR2 7500 which is basically the same thing. smile.gif



WITHOUT dynamic EQ frown.gif

so no - not nearly as cool for Carp's purposes. cool.gif
post #82 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

WITHOUT dynamic EQ frown.gif

so no - not nearly as cool.

Ohh pfft, well... I didn't know that was a requirement. wink.giftongue.gif

Also our AVR's have dynamic EQ/volume/etc.
post #83 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Ohh pfft, well... I didn't know that was a requirement. wink.giftongue.gif

Also our AVR's have dynamic EQ/volume/etc.

I don't, I have a Pioneer Elite. I bought a Onkyo 811 to try it out and the only thing I ended up liking better was dynamic eq. Audyssey itself fatigued me listening to music. There are a lot of things I love about my avr so I want to keep it but also have dynamic eq.
post #84 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

I don't, I have a Pioneer Elite. I bought a Onkyo 811 to try it out and the only thing I ended up liking better was dynamic eq. Audyssey itself fatigued me listening to music. There are a lot of things I love about my avr so I want to keep it but also have dynamic eq.

Oh. Oh! Ugh! Yech! Audyssey EQ and music? Loud music? Agh!

No.

Stop.


tongue.gif
post #85 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

WITHOUT dynamic EQ frown.gif

so no - not nearly as cool.

Ohh pfft, well... I didn't know that was a requirement. wink.giftongue.gif

Also our AVR's have dynamic EQ/volume/etc.

carp doesn't have audyssey - he has a Pioneer Elite. I don't think it has any dynamic EQ.

To use my Dynamic EQ for subs with my Onkyo I have engage Audyssey. I like dynamic EQ. I dislike (in my room) what Audyssey XT32 does to the sound. It makes the treble too strong and I would rather dynamic EQ and Audyssey didn't touch the mains - just applied to the subs (personal preference) --- but I can't make it do that with the Onkyo PR-SC5508 - - - it's all or nothing. So I'm really looking forward to the iNuke's and the sealed subs for dynamic EQ without audyssey to play around with it.

I don't want to project on carp, but we've talked enough about it over the phone and such that I think we feel the same way. We both prefer no EQ for mains, but dig the dynamic EQ idea for sealed subs.
post #86 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Oh. Oh! Ugh! Yech! Audyssey EQ and music? Loud music? Agh!

No.

Stop.


tongue.gif


^ this


especially with metal
post #87 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

carp doesn't have audyssey - he has a Pioneer Elite. I don't think it has any dynamic EQ.

To use my Dynamic EQ for subs with my Onkyo I have engage Audyssey. I like dynamic EQ. I dislike (in my room) what Audyssey XT32 does to the sound. It makes the treble too strong and I would rather dynamic EQ and Audyssey didn't touch the mains - just applied to the subs (personal preference) --- but I can't make it do that with the Onkyo PR-SC5508 - - - it's all or nothing. So I'm really looking forward to the iNuke's and the sealed subs for dynamic EQ without audyssey to play around with it.

I don't want to project on carp, but we've talked enough about it over the phone and such that I think we feel the same way. We both prefer no EQ for mains, but dig the dynamic EQ idea for sealed subs.


also this ^ smile.gif
post #88 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

carp doesn't have audyssey - he has a Pioneer Elite. I don't think it has any dynamic EQ.

To use my Dynamic EQ for subs with my Onkyo I have engage Audyssey. I like dynamic EQ. I dislike (in my room) what Audyssey XT32 does to the sound. It makes the treble too strong and I would rather dynamic EQ didn't touch the mains - just applied to the subs (personal prefernce) --- but I can't make it doe that with the Onkyo - - - it's all or nothing. So I'm really looking forward to the iNuke's and the sealed subs for dynamic EQ without audyssey.

I don't want to project on carp, but we've talked enough about it over the phone and such that I think we feel the same way. We both prefer no EQ for mains, but dig the dynamic EQ idea for sealed subs.

That comment was actually aimed at you, Jonathan as I knew you have the Onkyo. wink.gif

I've never liked the sound of Audyssey in my room but I also don't really believe in that kind of EQ used in such a way. It's usually applied with about as much finesse that can only be measured in amounts of sledgehammers used. With movies, maybe. Music? Ugh. Lol, so I'm biased. tongue.gif

It would be nice if one could pick certain parts of the response to be corrected but not others and useful on all channels independently. That would be cool.
post #89 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

That comment was actually aimed at you, Jonathan as I knew you have the Onkyo. wink.gif

I've never liked the sound of Audyssey in my room but I also don't really believe in that kind of EQ used in such a way. It's usually applied with about as much finesse that can only be measured in amounts of sledgehammers used. With movies, maybe. Music? Ugh. Lol, so I'm biased. tongue.gif

It would be nice if one could pick certain parts of the response to be corrected but not others and useful on all channels independently. That would be cool.


Yes, that's what I hear that ARC does - that would be nice.
post #90 of 141
As a d2 owner, I feel so left out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Inuke vs. CV 5000