- productGravity (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack)tagged by dlreiss, 2/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Gravity: iTunes versus Vudu versus Blu-ray Last post on Today at 12:52 pm in Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
- At the Dolby Pre-Oscar Party Last post on 3/2/14 at 12:53pm in Latest Industry News
- Which Oscar Nominee for Best Cinematography is Most Home-Theater Worthy? Last post on 3/1/14 at 8:55am in Community News & Polls
- Gravity comes to 3D & 2D Blu-ray Combo Packs on February 25th! Last post on 3/2/14 at 1:05pm in Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 4
Received it from Amazon Prime a day early, and have watched 45 mins. so far.
There must be an issue with your setup. I have a pitch black dedicated room with an 8' High Power screen. The depth of the 3D was outstanding. Maybe some people don't feel it is as deep as it appears, due to the blackness of space. Even with that said, much of the film is from the perspective of inside the helmet, and the water vapor on the visor is clearly much closer to the viewer, than objects in the distance. The sound is also fantastic. No complaints on any front that I can see/hear.
Rented it on Vudu last night, in HD (not super HDX).
Utterly fantastic! Really nice and sharp video, amazing and detailed 5.1 audio. When this movie looks so good ib compressed video on demand, I just cant wait to get my fingers on the bluray disc!
Thank for you review Ralph it's spot on as usual.
One thing I was having a hard time telling though was whether some distortion related sound effects were from the sound track or my system. A lot of the sounds have that very muffled sound (since we're just hearing the vibrations).
The only thing that kept me paying attention was the level of anxiety it generated, but kind of like those "jump out and scare you" internet videos, it really only works once.
The implausibility of it all - from the things that went wrong to how they were resolved) just seemed too much and unlike the Matrix, there wasn't enough depth to make reviewing such a string of implausible actions really interesting.
I'm sure I'll pick this up because it is a fun first watch so if someone hasn't seen it, it would be good to have, but I can't see myself ever watching it again on my own.
It was from the soundtrack. Too be honest I hate when they do that makes you question if that is coming from your system.
Here in Canada, the 3D bundle has a multi case. When you open the case, I had the DVD version on the left, and the 3D version on the right but along with the 3D version on the right is the Bluray version as well.
This is normal. I have a bunch of titles that have two discs on one hub. I don't mind it because I just put the discs I'm less likely to use on the bottom.
SO with Gravity, I put the DVD on the bottom since I will NEVER use the DVD. I just wish they would sell a version without the DVD. I have zero use for a DVD since I stopped watching DVDs in 2005.
This movie pretty much reminded me of The Blair Witch Project as everybody is just raving about it and when i seen it, I just could believe how bad it was. I wanna say that this was close to one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I was bored stiff. Sandra Bullock was a complete bore, I mean any actress could have played that part and she was not even hot, I find her very sexy and she just did not do anything for me. Just bad acting. The movie had some special effects and the sound was OK IMO, but there is nothing to write home about here other than I wasted $22 bucks and felt a little sick in the begging when the screen was spinning. If this movie wins best picture, it will go down as the 2nd worst movie to win best picture, 2nd to ARGO. Just calling it how I see it.
For the movies sake, I am going to watch this movie over again. I am going to watch it alone and loud, however I don't think anything will change.
May be first movie with the Kessler Syndrome as a central element, but the chain reaction of LEO space debris has been in a number of SciFi novels since Kessler first published his thoughts on the possibility in 1978. FWIW, I thought the movie was entertaining and the 3D was better in my home than at the theater (damn passive glasses and silver screens).
What ratio should i use on my 3d tv for this movie?
on the blu ray
on the tv
-Set by programm
Also, will reducing the black bars by messing with this set ups be a disadvantage?
My receiver also has several options i want to tinker with
for example there is
and 5channel enhancer
if i choose the 5channel enhancer will it modify vastly the original soundmix?
there is also a "straight" setting, but it doesnt seem to work really good in my experience.
So which version of the story did you see?
We had not seen Gravity at the local theater. As we most often do, we waited for the Blu-ray to come out and rent; this time a blind buy.
We had guests over last night to watch on our projection system. I enjoyed the move, was amazed that it was so short, it felt a little rushed at the end, and I'm not sure I fully understand all of the Oscar nominations for this one.
Never the less I did enjoy the move and took it at face value. At the end, thinking out loud I said,Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One of our guests said that they had wondered the same thing and read about an alternative idea in thatWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Anyhow, that story line had not occurred to me. If I Google I see that this alternate story, rather than face value, is all over the net. So which story did you see. Sorry if this has been discussed here earlier.
- Gravity 3D (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Another boring, although PITA, sub build + random crap. :) 1 minute ago
- › Official Panasonic TC-L65WT600 4k Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Marantz UD5007 3D Universal Disc Player 2 minutes ago
- › "Official" All amps sound the same thread 3 minutes ago
- › OLED TVs: Technology Advancements Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and... 4 minutes ago
- › Help Me Switch to the Bright Side 5 minutes ago
- › Harrisburg, PA - HDTV 5 minutes ago
- › Hot Off The Press: The Latest TV News and Information 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 HDMI 2.0 receiver list??? 6 minutes ago
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black by JulianPope
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Wii by JulianPope
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › PlayStation Vita - WiFi by JulianPope
- › Nintendo 64 System - Video Game Console by JulianPope
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe