I believe that I've tried everything to attempt to resolve this but I'm not as knowledgeable as many of you.....so I'm hoping for some help.....please!.....
I have had two 5000's for many years. They've been beyond reliable with the same WD drives (which I used to replace the original stock drives). The drive in one suddenly became very unstable and very noisy yesterday, so it was time to replace it. I had another of the same exact drives put away, just for this occasion.
It was imaged at the same time. Identical drive.....identical image. Easy swap.
Weird thing is that, no matter what I did, when I checked the "last connect" status, it showed a ten year old date! I've been able to connect repeatedly to the server (using TWC broadband). I'm getting a full guide. However, each and every time I force a connection, it goes through the process and then, at the end, I get the "there was a problem.....will try again later" message. I even went so far as to do a factory (382, zones) reset. Same problem, except now it reads "not successful" (as opposed to the original 10 year old date)!
My other unit functions normally and consistently shows a current date after connecting to the server.
I'm puzzled and very curious as to why I'm (supposedly) not getting a complete data download on the other unit.
This makes no sense! I've never had this problem with this or my other unit.
I need some advise as to what I can possibly do to receive a completed update and a current date/time stamp.
Thank you in advance!